steverino

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 2, 2008
San Diego CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Sea Pro 206
We loaded up a short scoop of larger dines and were on our way by 5:00 am, but from the get go, it was kind of windy and the bait was dieing off quick. We made a quick pass through Pukey Point at grey light for nothing, and then worked our way offshore towards the 425. The farther SW from the Is. we went, the colder it got, so we stayed a little on the inside. Kelp paddys were few and far between, but we
finally found one at 32.22/117.21 that produced our only yellowtail for the day. We kept looking, but it was all for nothing. On the way in, we tried a few fast, wind driven drifts on our cod spots on the 9 Mile Bank where everone got at least a couple.
I guess the bad days make the good days feel even better.

Attachments

Last edited:

steverino

Aug 2, 2008
San Diego CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Sea Pro 206
We got bait out of SD Bay. They looked OK initially, but most died quicker than usual.

Surfnsand

When's the next trip?
May 26, 2012
Murrieta, CA / Villas De Cortez Los Barriles
Name
Cody
Boat
40' Riviera Convertible - "Salty Pleasure"/ 21' Wellcraft 212 Fisherman
The warmer water has kept north outside of Oside and around the 209, although I didn't have much in this area both days I went last week and everyone was catching south. It's the same ol' should have gone South, they bite north, should have gone north, they bite south. Sounds like the fish are getting hungrier now that the full moon has passed.

Attachments

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Avoided the skunk, thats good! Nice effort.