lilharcher

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 28, 2004
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
Champion 188
Congrats Paul.....a trip to remember for sure! Glad you didn't let the accident ruin all your fun. BTW, is that a Zodiac Futura in the pictures?

Punkfish

Fish This!!!
Jun 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Name
Jason
Boat
24 Ft. Skipjack Flybridge "Regulators"
Right on Paul, congrats bro! You didn't even tell me you where heading out when we talked!!

Jas.................................................................................................

TurdRoller

What happened?
Mar 22, 2004
Santee
Name
kyle
Boat
Tribute
Hey Stupid you only take youngsters as only the older ones are The only ones capable of breeding. A fish that size can potentially breed and the species is close to becoming on the endangered list. Get yourself educated and fish smart! It's amazing that they don't require people to have any knowledge to go sport fishing. Congrats on a great day but a fish that size probably swam right up to you and wasn't exactly a challenge. Mark my words they will become endangered soon and you have to leave the big guys to make it fun down the road for all of us. It's important to know what's really going on. On that note since you are, I'm sure a true sportsman and you just didn't know how serious this species is from being in trouble great job and enjoy your great day but now you know and take the smaller ones only for all of us! Don't mean to bash you but we have to fish smart in this day and age. Two years ago I'd have done the same thing and would be bouncing off the walls. Forgive me if I'm harsh but I think it's important to know where we are at today. FISH SMART!!!
haha the classic bloodydecks, always has to be a few tree huggers

indes1

May 15, 2006
irvine
Name
Sam
Boat
30, grady white
Hey Stupid you only take youngsters as only the older ones are The only ones capable of breeding. A fish that size can potentially breed and the species is close to becoming on the endangered list. Get yourself educated and fish smart! It's amazing that they don't require people to have any knowledge to go sport fishing. Congrats on a great day but a fish that size probably swam right up to you and wasn't exactly a challenge. Mark my words they will become endangered soon and you have to leave the big guys to make it fun down the road for all of us. It's important to know what's really going on. On that note since you are, I'm sure a true sportsman and you just didn't know how serious this species is from being in trouble great job and enjoy your great day but now you know and take the smaller ones only for all of us! Don't mean to bash you but we have to fish smart in this day and age. Two years ago I'd have done the same thing and would be bouncing off the walls. Forgive me if I'm harsh but I think it's important to know where we are at today. FISH SMART!!!
Dude he's using a gun, not a gill net! Nice fish!

HEADHUNTER

Jun 14, 2005
E.L.A
Name
ALEX
Boat
AT THE BOTTOM OF PACIFIC
Shoot it , bleed it , grill it .

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Where the hell is my fillet?

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Dont you hate it when some prick gives you a hard time.(ceviche essay)
If I could kill me a fat ass grouper ,such as that,on a breath of air Id be stoked.

P.S. Nice kill.:appl:

Fish Tank

Ranchero
Jul 18, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Fred Reichert
Boat
27' scagit orca - "La Ballena Loca"
I,m embarrassed to share the same last name with Chris, Ive lived along the coastline and spearfished most of my life and seen many changes in the last 25 years, we all get caught up in the heat of the moment with a big or challenging fish, in the end it's up to the individual to make the call, insults are not education, and I have no idea what the population of that fish is in that area, congatulations on the geat fishing!

derfus

Mar 12, 2006
San Diego
Name
Fred
Boat
none

hahahaha:rofl::rofl: You're stupid. Do you have knowledge on the breading cycles of the gulf grouper? Just wondering because making a blind statement like that definitely shows how ignorant you are. Paul, it was a fun weekend! shred the gnarrrr!!!!

-Fred

Chris Reichert

Red Roofer
Feb 7, 2005
Poway, Ca.
Name
Chris Reichert
Boat
28' Fairbanks Sportfisher
Wow I didn't post that shit I would have shot that due in a minute. I have a pretty good idea I know who did. I will be changing my pass word.

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Wow I didn't post that shit I would have shot that due in a minute. I have a pretty good idea I know who did. I will be changing my pass word.

That's pretty funny Chris, I read your post and was thinking... When did Chris become an evironmentalist??? :rofl:

Besides, that grouper is a baby, they get way bigger than that...:)

1st picture is a Totuaba, 2nd is a WSB, look at the difference in the shape of the tails...

totuaba.jpg whiteseabass2.jpg

gonetobaja

Underwater Sherpa
Oct 25, 2006
San Diego, CA / Puertecitos BCN
Name
Dale Pearson
Boat
30' Sportfisher "Casador"
Wow Paul!!

I didnt know you where a BDer! I wanted to say thanks for showing up to the event, you where the one I needed to tank a nice one. I knew when you asked me how much the scale went up to that we where going ot have a winner. I would like to thank everyone who showed up to the event. We are going to have another one in the early summer.

As for the comment on the grouper. I understand that it may have been a bad post but for the record, that grouper was 50lb 4oz. the Gulf grouper gets up to 200lbs. I dont want to say it was a baby but it was not a fully grown one either. It amazes me every time I get an e-mail from an eco person bashing me and my tours because we spearfish/freedive. It seems to me that there are more ignorant loud mouth eco rights people than smart ones. And we all know that everyone who talks smack about us fishing will go to red lobster and get some trawler meat when they get hungry.

Thanks again for everyone comming down. later this summer we will do it again!! only BIGGER!!!

SHREEEEDDDDD TTTHHHEEEEE GGGNNNAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

FISHERMENS HEAVEN...

GTB
WWW.GONETOBAJA.COM