Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
  • Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    Anyone know what time of year or month is best for cow YFT out of puerto Vallarta? Planning trips for next year and was debating a fly down and book on the no tuna no chinga or just hop on a 13 dayer from one of our long range boats? Any suggestions

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    You should follow them on Instagram. When aren’t they stacking up a few big YFT?

Upvote 0

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
    northwest
    Name
    joe
    Boat
    none
    Anyone know what time of year or month is best for cow YFT out of puerto Vallarta? Planning trips for next year and was debating a fly down and book on the no tuna no chinga or just hop on a 13 dayer from one of our long range boats? Any suggestions
    you can do three or four trips for the cost of one 13 day LR, but as mentioned if you want to kill and process all your fish LR would stock you up, personally, I go for the sport mostly and not the meat, so PV would be my choice to land a big YF, and even those I would prefer to cut them off and release, never been one to kill them all;)

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
  • Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    you can do three or four trips for the cost of one 13 day LR, but as mentioned if you want to kill and process all your fish LR would stock you up, personally, I go for the sport mostly and not the meat, so PV would be my choice to land a big YF, and even those I would prefer to cut them off and release, never been one to kill them all;)
    Thats how I feel, especially with a 300lber how long does it take someething like that to grow? I'm one for pictures and everything but would probably let the thing go. Thanks for the input, will probably end up booking no chinga.

geebee
    geebee
    >>with a 300lber how long does it take something like that to grow?

According to a CALIF GOVT CHART "How old are the fish I'm Catching":

YELLOWFIN TUNA

At 5 years, 61 inches, 261 pounds
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Almud

Jan 3, 2015
    Name
    Almud
    Boat
    Wish I Had One
    Brought back a couple of coolers twice from PV when I fished the Constitution. Nicely cleaned and vacuum packed. Well chilled with ice seal on top. I understand that Marlas does this for their customers too.

Reactions: Tugboat64
    Upvote 0

PhatAir4Me

Quit Wishing, Go Fishing.
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bend, Oregon USA
    Name
    JP
    Boat
    "Skool Bus" - 2004 Calabria ProV I
    I take two soft coolers every year, vac pac the fish, freeze it solid and check it as a bag with Alaska, same charge as an extra piece of luggage = 20.00. This equates to 80lbs of fish which gives me enough to eat and gift for the year!

Upvote 0
    Dec 18, 2020
    Puerto Vallarta
    Name
    Daniel Gómez
    Boat
    Dhamar Sportfishing
    Check out
    Dhamar_Sportfishing for day trips there’s local tuna
    grounds “la corbeteña”
    and “el banco” yellowfins up from 40 pounds to 200 pounds around here

A547F908-C164-4891-9ED4-DBB27DF8E163.jpeg