Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Anyone know what time of year or month is best for cow YFT out of puerto Vallarta? Planning trips for next year and was debating a fly down and book on the no tuna no chinga or just hop on a 13 dayer from one of our long range boats? Any suggestions

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
You should follow them on Instagram. When aren’t they stacking up a few big YFT?

Upvote 0

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
northwest
Name
joe
Boat
none
Anyone know what time of year or month is best for cow YFT out of puerto Vallarta? Planning trips for next year and was debating a fly down and book on the no tuna no chinga or just hop on a 13 dayer from one of our long range boats? Any suggestions
you can do three or four trips for the cost of one 13 day LR, but as mentioned if you want to kill and process all your fish LR would stock you up, personally, I go for the sport mostly and not the meat, so PV would be my choice to land a big YF, and even those I would prefer to cut them off and release, never been one to kill them all;)

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
you can do three or four trips for the cost of one 13 day LR, but as mentioned if you want to kill and process all your fish LR would stock you up, personally, I go for the sport mostly and not the meat, so PV would be my choice to land a big YF, and even those I would prefer to cut them off and release, never been one to kill them all;)
Thats how I feel, especially with a 300lber how long does it take someething like that to grow? I'm one for pictures and everything but would probably let the thing go. Thanks for the input, will probably end up booking no chinga.

Upvote 0

Almud

Jan 3, 2015
Name
Almud
Boat
Wish I Had One
Brought back a couple of coolers twice from PV when I fished the Constitution. Nicely cleaned and vacuum packed. Well chilled with ice seal on top. I understand that Marlas does this for their customers too.

Reactions: Tugboat64
Upvote 0

PhatAir4Me

Quit Wishing, Go Fishing.
Oct 30, 2011
Bend, Oregon USA
Name
JP
Boat
"Skool Bus" - 2004 Calabria ProV I
I take two soft coolers every year, vac pac the fish, freeze it solid and check it as a bag with Alaska, same charge as an extra piece of luggage = 20.00. This equates to 80lbs of fish which gives me enough to eat and gift for the year!

Upvote 0