Puerto Nuevo

Dodgersone

Apr 22, 2010
Ontario,Ca
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hobie Sport Kayak
Has anybody stopped to eat at Puerto Nuevo to eat lately? Two years ago we stopped to eat and it was not that busy. Just wondering if it's safe to stop.

g's toy

Apr 21, 2005
sd
Name
Mike
Boat
2301,swirl--sold
It is safe to stop there. I usually eat at the last place on the left-south/west side when entering the area using either road-don't remember the name. It's located next to the ocean. There is parking in their lot, about five steps to get into the main dining room. This place has three levels, main dining, first lower level and second level just above the beach for a great view. Mike

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
mike's-bill's good to have friends
There not to long ago. I like the first place on left on north entry road. Great margaritas, good safe food.

mhsiao45

Jan 15, 2007
san diego
Name
mike
Boat
wish i had one
Went there a few months ago, and a couple months before that. Everything seemed safe and fine to me. Passed up some cops wearing masks and carrying what looked like some AK's which looked pretty crazy. Good eats down there...go get some!

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
No problems down there. Travel during the day just to be sure.

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
I always eat at the place on the southwest corner right on the water

We went there one time about 5 years ago.

Our waiter was drunk and he told us it was his last day.

I got him another shot.

We ate lobster with rice, beans, and tortillas until I couldnt get out of the chair. The food was FREE and I gave him a $20 tip.

Bet that will never happen again.

Dodgersone

Apr 22, 2010
Ontario,Ca
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hobie Sport Kayak
Has anybody ever stop at Ortegas in Rosarito? That is another stop for us on the way back home. All you can eat at a good price.

tankSD13

Jan 3, 2010
San Diego,CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
a thing that floats on the water!
We go to Maria's. Turn right into town (first street) then left on first street in town. Maria's is on the left. Mango margos are insane!! Do work!!!

Fish Tale

here fishy fishy fishy
Feb 17, 2004
san diego
Name
mike greene
Boat
34' Californian
was there in july - a few weeks ago

place was dead / very few people - plenty of parking

food was sub-par as they had to warm the grill up a bit

this was a weeknight (thur) -- weekends may fair better with more activity

just never like crowds - so i didn't care either way // was more interested in the pina coladas -- those always rock!!

euy

Dec 1, 2005
CARSON in the soul Lake Balboa physically
Name
ernie
Boat
18 ft invader
it so funny that most of you are like me...do not know what the restaurant name is but know exactly where it is. my family has been going to the same place for 30 years and i still don't know the name. :rofl:

hbfishing

Jan 18, 2005
calif
Name
HB
Boat
none
Rosarito police chief just got wacked last week.

Baja commander shot to death
By Sandra Dibble, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 8:25 p.m.

ROSARITO BEACH — A state police commander in Rosarito Beach was shot to death Tuesday night, hours after his agents had found 23 migrants who told authorities they were going to be smuggled to the United States for $5,000 apiece.

José Antonio Sánchez Velásquez was attacked by armed assailants about 10:30 p.m. outside his office on Boulevard Popotla south of downtown. Another agent was injured in the attack; he was being treated at a hospital in Tijuana, the Baja California Attorney General’s Office reported Wednesday.

The state’s attorney general, Rommel Moreno, said investigators are looking into whether the commander was killed by smugglers as a result of the discovery of the migrants. They were staying inside a private residence whose owner was away. The house was along the free road to Ensenada, near the community of Primo Tapia.

Moreno didn’t specify how the migrants were to be transported, but the area has increasingly been used as a staging site for maritime smuggling.