Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
as youll see it was outstanging fishing in magbay,captain ruben duran put rockodilejohn and me on the fish,this was our second try at magbay in early oct we got turnd aroud by tropical storm sofia then sergio mess with our plans a few days later,we cought marlin,wahoo,snook,permit and pargos,lots of them,heres a few fotos of our catches,fisonnn&onnn.
11/9 on the outer bancks,good wahoo fishing.
IMG_4483.JPG

beautiful and big fish.
IMG_4480.JPG

john pickt up this awsome ford F450,towing the grady,loreto to san quintin 11 ours,solid driveing john.
IMG_4485.JPG

captain ruben duran,wituout his guidense we would NOT have such fun fishing,he is the best in lopez mateos,look him up on youre next trip there,he will put you on the fish,613-113-7303 or
[email protected].
IMG_4514.JPG

mr jim phelps our fishing friend from loreto joind us a couple timesmfor some xslnt catching.
IMG_4517.JPG

cptn ruben hard at work.
IMG_4614.JPG

lots of this around.
IMG_4604.JPG

rockodile no longer a wahoo vergin,by,by cherrypie.
IMG_4623.JPG

nice fish there john.
IMG_4627.JPG

my biggest snook ever at 22.5 kilos,it rip me up and windded me,that my be also a first,awsome fish wow!
IMG_4632.JPG

john also did well on the snook.
IMG_4657.JPG

at time we hade wide open fishing,snook,pargos,cuberas,bachchos big ones,hard fighting fishes.
IMG_4717.JPG

world class fishing my friends.
IMG_4673.JPG

thanck you captain ruben,ill seeya there next season for some more fun.
IMG_4658.JPG

i thinck this triger fish are the biggest ive ever cought,mind you i greu up in triger fish country.
IMG_4680.JPG

bachochos,great for caldo.
IMG_4642.JPG

swett pargos,hard pulling fish and dilish on the bbk.
IMG_4740.JPG

cubera john.
IMG_4782.JPG

we meet scott at the whale tail in,he is a flyfihserman or was,we hade him out on the grady,he cought his biggest ever permit and limmits of yft.
IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4643.JPG

cptn ruben and john with johns biggest ever snook.
IMG_4656.JPG

grouper john staikes againg,nice broomtail right around 70 Ps.
IMG_4763.JPG

without captain ruben on board this would not happen,muchas gracias ruben duran,nos vemos pronto.
IMG_4692.JPG

we staid at bob and diana hoyt hotel the whaletail inn,magbauoutfitters.com,bob hase a 6 room hotel resaurant bar right in town,nice rooms good food and great margaritas hand made by jose youre friendly bar tender,cheers,thanck you bob and diana always good to seeya,fishooo&onnn. IMG_4494.JPG
also meny thanck to my friend captain bill erdhadrt,good to seeya outthere dooing tha thing bill,thanck you for youre fine advice,fishonnnnnnnnnnn.
IMG_4551.JPG

ill be fishing san quintin in jan,feb for our winter yellowtail season also reds and lincod.
in march & april i´ll be fishing gonzaga bay,ive got openning on my parker for up to 3 angelers,fishing for big gulf grouper,leopard grouper,yellowtail,sierra,orange mouth curvina and assortted basses,come on down and give this awsome area a try.
late may tru early july ill be in bahia de los angeles,yellowtail,seabass,leopard grouper,dorado in july.
ok hope to seeya out fishing in baja.
IMG_4574.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rufo

Rufo
May 23, 2006
Around the Way
Name
Bob
Boat
Yes
Now thats JUAN hell of a trip!!!
Never seen a Snook that big and didn’t even know there were permit there!!

WOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!

I gotta agree with Jim. With the Dynamic Trio on board the fish just don’t stand a chance.

Gracias por compartir tu aventura. Tú haces un sonrisa grande por el
Rufo Dañado :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
That's a dream trip. Great variety score. Must of been allot of fun

The wahoo have been biting ravenous there this season. Sweet

That is a large black snook. Big razor blade gills. Did it jump?

Big trigger fish also and permit

Just awesome. Very nice fishing schedule also

I would like to go fishing with ruben out of mag bay!

Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ
Upvote 0

Zed

W...X...Y...
Mar 22, 2004
W of 5
Name
Z
Boat
Yak or Cattle; NO Goats
So good Juan! Thank you for all the fotos of fish. You scored con Sr Duran. Do you know another name for the bachocho? Is it a grunt? Thanks again. So many cool fish.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
PERMIT..!!!!! Huh...!?!?! What next?
Cobia? King Mackeral? White Marlin?(I think they're already here) .. Tarpon?

Would be so stoked to fish out of mag bay. Wtg everyone. Every time we make LR bait in mag bay we catch all sorts of cool inshore fish. I want to keep fishing bait. What a play ground fishery

I'm located in the central pacific of costa rica. Tarpon have swam from the caribbean side through the panama canal out to the pacific. Took a 15 year old out to catch his first rooster on the ski, accomplished. A few days later from shore he caught his first tarpon a 8lber. C&R at the rivermouth. They are on the way

I know where to catch bonefish in SD :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yellowfish26

Totally Nude 24/7
Aug 21, 2008
Chula Vista/Ca/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
26ft Seaswirl. The Big Chorizo
Would be so stoked to fish out of mag bay. Wtg everyone. Every time we make LR bait in mag bay we catch all sorts of cool inshore fish. I want to keep fishing bait. What a play ground fishery

I'm located in the central pacific of costa rica. Tarpon have swam from the caribbean side through the panama canal out to the pacific. Took a 15 year old out to catch his first rooster on the ski, accomplished. A few days later from shore he caught his first tarpon a 8lber. C&R at the rivermouth. They are on the way

I know where to catch bonefish in SD :)
Caught my first Bonefish (of many) over the years in San Diego Bay in 85. Jack Crevalle were/are in there too...

Upvote 0

clean n up

Jun 7, 2009
Alta Loma, CA USA
Name
Randy Champion
Boat
Parker 2520
as youll see it was outstanging fishing in magbay,captain ruben duran put rockodilejohn and me on the fish,this was our second try at magbay in early oct we got turnd aroud by tropical storm sofia then sergio mess with our plans a few days later,we cought marlin,wahoo,snook,permit and pargos,lots of them,heres a few fotos of our catches,fisonnn&onnn.
11/9 on the outer bancks,good wahoo fishing.
View attachment 983979
beautiful and big fish.
View attachment 983984
john pickt up this awsome ford F450,towing the grady,loreto to san quintin 11 ours,solid driveing john.
View attachment 983985
captain ruben duran,wituout his guidense we would NOT have such fun fishing,he is the best in lopez mateos,look him up on youre next trip there,he will put you on the fish,613-113-7303 or
[email protected].
View attachment 983986
mr jim phelps our fishing friend from loreto joind us a couple timesmfor some xslnt catching.
View attachment 983987
cptn ruben hard at work.
View attachment 983988
lots of this around.
View attachment 983989
rockodile no longer a wahoo vergin,by,by cherrypie.
View attachment 983990
nice fish there john.
View attachment 983991
my biggest snook ever at 22.5 kilos,it rip me up and windded me,that my be also a first,awsome fish wow!
View attachment 983992
john also did well on the snook.
View attachment 983993
at time we hade wide open fishing,snook,pargos,cuberas,bachchos big ones,hard fighting fishes.
View attachment 983994
world class fishing my friends.
View attachment 983995
thanck you captain ruben,ill seeya there next season for some more fun.
View attachment 983996
i thinck this triger fish are the biggest ive ever cought,mind you i greu up in triger fish country.
View attachment 983997
bachochos,great for caldo.
View attachment 983998
swett pargos,hard pulling fish and dilish on the bbk.View attachment 983999
cubera john.
View attachment 984000
we meet scott at the whale tail in,he is a flyfihserman or was,we hade him out on the grady,he cought his biggest ever permit and limmits of yft.
View attachment 984001

View attachment 984002
cptn ruben and john with johns biggest ever snook.
View attachment 984003
grouper john staikes againg,nice broomtail right around 70 Ps.
View attachment 984004
without captain ruben on board this would not happen,muchas gracias ruben duran,nos vemos pronto.
View attachment 984005
we staid at bob and diana hoyt hotel the whaletail inn,magbauoutfitters.com,bob hase a 6 room hotel resaurant bar right in town,nice rooms good food and great margaritas hand made by jose youre friendly bar tender,cheers,thanck you bob and diana always good to seeya,fishooo&onnn. View attachment 983983
also meny thanck to my friend captain bill erdhadrt,good to seeya outthere dooing tha thing bill,thanck you for youre fine advice,fishonnnnnnnnnnn.
View attachment 984014
ill be fishing san quintin in jan,feb for our winter yellowtail season also reds and lincod.
in march & april i´ll be fishing gonzaga bay,ive got openning on my parker for up to 3 angelers,fishing for big gulf grouper,leopard grouper,yellowtail,sierra,orange mouth curvina and assortted basses,come on down and give this awsome area a try.
late may tru early july ill be in bahia de los angeles,yellowtail,seabass,leopard grouper,dorado in july.
ok hope to seeya out fishing in baja.
View attachment 984016

Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Now thats JUAN hell of a trip!!!
Never seen a Snook that big and didn’t even know there were permit there!!

WOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!

I gotta agree with Jim. With the Dynamic Trio on board the fish just don’t stand a chance.

Gracias por compartir tu aventura. Tú haces un sonrisa grande por el
Rufo Dañado :)

get well my friend,maybe youll be ready for gonzga bay,rockodilejohn found an easy way to catch the big gulfys,we´d like to show you the howe its done,ill be there with the parker startting early march tru april,hope to seeya there,feliz navidad.

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen
Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Upvote 0

bajasurbrad

Sturgeon Whistle... check
Jan 1, 2005
Delta , B.C. Canada
Name
Brad Murakami
Boat
Lifetimer 17 ft
...a wise man once said that every place has got it’s guy ...

I’ve known Ruben ever since we had a chance meeting fishing in the mangroves an hour from both of our launches maybe
20 years ago ...I’ve fished with him many many times since and consider him a good friend and a real gentleman

In my opinion in Lopez Mateos , Ruben is that guy

Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Wow Juan, awesome fish. Especially the snook - monsters.

hola dan,good hearring from you,if youre ennywere neer the west coast look me up ill be fishing with the parker in gonzga bay,its good fishing in march and april,come over and try it out youll like it,saludos.

Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Those snook are insane amigo! I haven't seen a baja permit in 20 years.

hola ali,seeya in gonzga,come on down i´ll show you around.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Caught my first Bonefish (of many) over the years in San Diego Bay in 85. Jack Crevalle were/are in there too...

Not trying to thread jack. Contributing to, fish have fins and that's cool

One factor is they swam up durring the el nino in the early 80s. Family SD beach house had waves breaking inside of the house. The exotics that swam up got trapped in the bay warm water. If the exotics try and leave they hit a cold water fence and turn back around into the warm water. Crevalle on fresh water largemouth bass, top water jigs. C&R all the different exotics imo please anglers. In SD so they breed and make more

1206186_1428d670eef586e0c3b2785a988a7655~2.jpg

Upvote 0