tonsher90

Tony L
May 30, 2007
Escondido
Name
tony lopez
Boat
1964 Uniflite 16ft. (Wild Sherry)
Fished all day and not a dang thing. Water was and wind was calm and the sun was shining. perfect fishing day. At around 3 moved to the edge of the kelp between the pier and the point and all of a sudden started getting our 80# dacron sheared fishin the bottom. The wife hooks up, and brings to the boat, a 4ft mako, Just before the gaff is set, the line snaps. Then my pole goes off and finally bring another 4 footer to gaff, drew blood but it shook off. We went though 11 or 12 bottom rigs with SS wire. Then it quit as we ran out of our last sardine. Watch you toes swimming because they are out there.

Upvote 0

Maniniboy

Dec 15, 2010
Newport Beach, CA
Name
David
Boat
My feet
Fished all day and not a dang thing. Water was and wind was calm and the sun was shining. perfect fishing day. At around 3 moved to the edge of the kelp between the pier and the point and all of a sudden started getting our 80# dacron sheared fishin the bottom. The wife hooks up, and brings to the boat, a 4ft mako, Just before the gaff is set, the line snaps. Then my pole goes off and finally bring another 4 footer to gaff, drew blood but it shook off. We went though 11 or 12 bottom rigs with SS wire. Then it quit as we ran out of our last sardine. Watch you toes swimming because they are out there.

You planned on gaffing a 4 ft mako?

Upvote 0

rodngun762

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
So... can you clarify? You fished offshore for makos, didn't get "a dang thing", then moved in close to the kelp line where you proceeded to hook several makos in dirty water near the bottom???

Upvote 0

hdz805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 26, 2010
    805 Santa Barbara
    Name
    jesus
    Boat
    Fishkilla
    People always talking shit.. U guys should be the Fucken cops and be behind every person that is fishing and tell them what fish to take or leave..

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I doubt Spiny Dogfish were busting you off on 80#
    If you want to keep a 4' Mako it is quite legal to do so.
    Delicious as well I might add.
    Though I would prefer you c&r'd Makos, I have less problem with you keeping one than I do the dorky ass posts on this thread.

Upvote 0

kailuaboy89

Uamaukeaukaainaikapono
    Aug 2, 2009
    Escondido,ca, USA
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    17' CC "Disco Stik" 36' wood trawler "Punahele"
    hmmmm....here it comes....his wife apparently hooked one too....Riggghhht, too bad they didnt have fricken laser beams attached to their heads!

Upvote 0

AZTunaBaron

Aug 11, 2010
    Phx,AZ for the time being
    Name
    Baron was my dog
    Boat
    Someday
    Watch Steve Irwin's doc. on the worldwide slaughter sharks (one of his last.) If you can then stomach the idea of contributing to the decline of the top of the food chain, well then go for it. Darwin would say that your type won't be around long anyways. BTW if you like fishing other species, you'd probably want to do some hard thinking about the trickle down effect when a predator is removed (or nearly.) JM2C.

Did you watch the recent fear-mongering shark week?:shithappens:

Upvote 0

el capo

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Aug 15, 2007
    El Mundo
    Name
    miguel
    Boat
    none
    I doubt Spiny Dogfish were busting you off on 80#
    If you want to keep a 4' Mako it is quite legal to do so.
    Delicious as well I might add.
    Though I would prefer you c&r'd Makos, I have less problem with you keeping one than I do the dorky ass posts on this thread.

X2

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.