PENN

ol' salt

Nov 10, 2017
sd
Name
ol' salt
Boat
maybe
Quick 4 hr sesh fished the last HR of the incoming tide in sd bay for 10 sandbass and an angel then made the run out to the point during slack. The calico bite is wide open with wolf packs following hooked fish to the boat. If you want numbers pitch small 3-4in plastics and let them drop along the stringers and you most likely won't hit bottom. The big calico are under them but you need bigger baits 6-10in to keep the rats away and give your lure a chance to get into the zone. Conditions were ok not to much current but when the wind picked up around 11am the bite busted wide open. Fyi there are a bunch of pencils out there as well so there might be some ghosts in the mix. Good luck out there, please be safe and respectful of other boats. Nobody likes to be followed around and get their drifts cut off constantly. Just politely ask and you'll most likely get the juice. Depth targeted was 55ft good luck and remember slow to grow so let em go!

Upvote 0

ol' salt

Nov 10, 2017
sd
Name
ol' salt
Boat
maybe
Did you ever set up anchor?
No we did try to use the trolling motor but it was acting up so we pitched up current a bit and made a bunch of fast drifts. I'll anchor with my other buddy sometimes as he likes to throw live and get them chummed up for me, some nice sheepshead to be had on the hook recently to.

Upvote 0

Blabelfish

Aug 10, 2005
San Diego
Name
Brian
Boat
Bayrunner
No we did try to use the trolling motor but it was acting up so we pitched up current a bit and made a bunch of fast drifts. I'll anchor with my other buddy sometimes as he likes to throw live and get them chummed up for me, some nice sheepshead to be had on the hook recently to.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Detailed report. Sounds like fun

Upvote 0