NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    I remember the clown you talk about but had no idea that he was murdered how sad. Hopefully they have someone locked up!

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    If you PM me a name I might have a way to get an update on a murder case.
    Ivan Karl Spencer, 55, of Rolling Hills

died shortly after the 2:30 a.m. shooting near the interchange of the southbound Harbor (110) Freeway and eastbound 91 Freeway,

I always wondered if it was some jack ass that he may of had issue with at the strip club with. Got bounced, and then waited for him to leave and ambushed on the road.

Edit : Sorry for the multi posts ...computer issues.

Upvote 0

socalwhiteboy

Almost A Member
    Apr 29, 2008
    Northridge
    Name
    James
    Boat
    16' lund
    Don't know him or think I've met him but I paintballed with ICP guys for years. Good stand up guys, have fun and party hard like the rest of us, just do it in funny and interesting clothing. That life style isn't for most. Hope his lines are tight and still rockin the clown gig, RIP.

Upvote 0

eric harner

Caliente Tuna
    Oct 7, 2009
    Phoenix Hellazona
    Name
    Azlandlocked
    Boat
    RRII, PV, the Big X
    I used see him at the docks . I had no idea he was murdered my he RIP . Looked like a real character probably a pretty cool guy when you got past the outfits.

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
    Mar 19, 2008
    Insane Diego, CA
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    30' Kona Star
    Upvote 0

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
    Jul 1, 2005
    Tustin
    Name
    Kris
    Boat
    Mike's
    When in 2011? His profile shows he last visited here June 8, 2011:

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/members/psychoclown.25798/

I read some of his posts - dude seems to have been a cool cat.

Someone seems to have followed him home from work early Thursday, June 9, 2011. He called 911 on the freeway after he was shot. RIP Rock.

NBC Los Angeles said:
    Employees at Starz described him as a nice man who did not drink, smoke or gamble. No fights or arguments had broken out at the strip club on Wednesday night, other employees said.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-May-Have-Motive-in-Freeway-Shooting-123693594.html

Upvote 0

ISLAND BOUND

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 18, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    26 striper White Knuckles
    As far as I know they have no leads and they probably dont care, very unfortunate but thats how it is up there. I have never met the guy but like all of you I really liked his posts, he definetly danced to the beat of a different drum but thats ok.

Im in the demo grading buisness and use several trucks out of the compton area and have a few very good friends that I have known for years that live in the area.
    One of them was talking to me about this guy that was killed up there and they were looking for his killer, I knew who he was as did he and I told him about his rep here etc.

From what I heard he was a manager at a big strip club up in that area, his girlfriend was the manager and he was the bouncer/whatever. Lots of crap goes on in those places, from what I heard it sounded like a hit for some reason. The guy I know knew the guy and said he was a cool dude and they were all shocked and bummed, Im sure he wa a lot different at work and probably had to throw out some bangers etc and maybe it turned ugly..who knows.

I have forgotten about this I will try to find out more next time I talk to my brother up there

Upvote 0

All Business

Oct 29, 2009
    Zooport CA
    Name
    Eric David
    Boat
    Whaler
    I fished the rail with him one time on the Freelance in 2007. Super nice guy and funny! Norris Tapp would get on the horn and make fun of his pink reel... hilarious ! Great guy and will be missed- RIP.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Miss you rock!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Totally remember that clown dude and his posts.Bet he was quite entertaining on the sport boats.Major bummer.

Upvote 0