PSA needs your help to save our salmon fisheries. Send Email to the commission!

chumsalmon

Almost A Member
Nov 26, 2011
Bellingham, Wa, USA
Name
Mark
Boat
252 Grady White Sailfish "Kaisacole" & 2250 Stratos "All on Red"
We would like people there at the 9:45 open comment to tell their disbelief that wdfw is actually willing to kill thousands of jobs, businesses manufacturing and put us and our kids off the water. Not to mention ruining our livelihood and our quality of life in Washington State. We will not stand for this.
Ron, I'll be there.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    done

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
  • Aug 10, 2008
    Kitsap WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    Boulton
    Done

AND...

Judge just ruled... all emails, texts, calendars, etc., are public information. Hint, hint, hint... maybe its time for FOIA requests to see what all is really going on behind the scenes and expose it.

Specifically in regards to WDFW issues and meetings held in private and all legislators/Reps involved in all these secret meetings, agreements, etc.

I think things could get evened out pretty quickly?

Now Eric you could offer your experiences in this area to others who may see what I'm seeing to get to the bottom of a lot of shit impacting sport fishing and expose it for all to see with their own eyes.

Reactions: hawksfan75

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
    Sep 7, 2011
    Kent, WA USA
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Whichever I am invited onto
    Done

AND...

Judge just ruled... all emails, texts, calendars, etc., are public information. Hint, hint, hint... maybe its time for FOIA requests to see what all is really going on behind the scenes and expose it.

Specifically in regards to WDFW issues and meetings held in private and all legislators/Reps involved in all these secret meetings, agreements, etc.

I think things could get evened out pretty quickly?

Now Eric you could offer your experiences in this area to others who may see what I'm seeing to get to the bottom of a lot of shit impacting sport fishing and expose it for all to see with their own eyes.
    I was reading on this case earlier. I wonder how fast the appeal gets filed. Interesting...

bigdood

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 5, 2010
    PNW
    www.poormansheli.com
    Name
    Justin
    Boat
    Nauti Dawg

Well he was there physically, but otherwise rarely looked at the folks that were speaking. Seemed to be in his own little world 2/3 of the time.

I should add I was a few minutes late and it sounds like he did speak beforehand, and must have touched on transparency (or lack thereof...) as that topic came up quite a bit.

Fishinnut

Apr 18, 2008
    Monroe, WA USA
    Name
    Ron Garner
    Boat
    32 Proline Express
    Thanks everyone for coming. The decision will not be made until Jan 23-Tuesday.

The WDFW Commission in still working on the Puget Sound Chinook Harvest Management Plan and the decision has been postponed from last Fridays meeting until Tuesday, Jan 23rd. This shows that this decision is not being taken lightly. I believe they are going to have a positive outcome for us.

We would really like to thank them for their commitment to trying to balance our resources and ability to fish. This is not a decision they have taken lightly. The commission with new commissioners were very involved in trying to learn what is at stake.

We feel they are going to do the right thing as navigation is not a very easy issue as it was signed for with the tribes.

There is a conference call scheduled for Friday Jan 26, that I believe we can listen in on.

Reactions: bigdood and LJB

Rellis

Boss
    Jul 3, 2011
    Ellensburg/WA/USA
    Name
    Ray Ellis
    Boat
    21' Trophy, "Cape Spencer"
    Short of admonishing them in public, that would be my take. In private, I would be taking several of them out behind the woodshed. Starting with those that were out of the country. I would tell them my expectations are higher. Next meeting would be insubordination and a Loudermill.

Reactions: kdubinwa

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
  • Aug 3, 2009
    Olympia,WA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    As someone who is new to things like today's meeting it was interesting to note how checked out and disengaged Unsworth seemed relative to the commission.

Maybe cause he was thinking about what he was going to write in his resignation letter????? Is this a rumor or a fact that he submitted his resignation letter today?

Reactions: bigdood

Odin7

Doug Fir
    Apr 19, 2008
    Beverly Hills
    Name
    Elizabeth Warning
    Boat
    Space Shuttle
    Kshama Sawant

This is what you spell when you are playing Scrabble and end up with a bunch of letters and can't think of a word to make out of them.

Or is it one of sandwiches made of meat roasted on a skewer?

I'll never understand how people come to America because they are drawn to the shiny beacon of opportunities and possibilities that didn't/don't exist where they came from and then want to suck the light out of it until it looks like the land they came from?

Last edited:

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    I that most of us agree that Ron would be ideal for the job.

Ron, would you do it? It seems like we could send a bunch of letters of support/recommendation to the commission to get that ball rolling. We have representation from sport, commercial, and charter on this board that would all back you up.

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
    Sep 7, 2011
    Kent, WA USA
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Whichever I am invited onto
    Just watched a short segment on a group called Long Live the Kings: https://lltk.org/

Seems like a good message of restoring runs but I’m worried about the emphasis on “wild.” I think that bridging with some of the environmental groups would go a long way. Need more food for orcas? Salmon. Need more stream rehab? Salmon. Need fewer seals? Salmon.

Fluffy Duck

Bad Santa
    Nov 12, 2014
    Orcas
    Name
    Bret
    Boat
    BAD SANTA - NR 27 OS
    Just watched a short segment on a group called Long Live the Kings: https://lltk.org/

Seems like a good message of restoring runs but I’m worried about the emphasis on “wild.” I think that bridging with some of the environmental groups would go a long way. Need more food for orcas? Salmon. Need more stream rehab? Salmon. Need fewer seals? Salmon.

Considering the origin of LLTK was a man made "new" Salmon run on Orcas Island I can only hope they keep in touch with their roots. Seems they are struggling with the wild thing vrs their reality though.

From LLTK: "The Glenwood Springs Chinook program began as an experiment. In 1978, LLTK founder Jim Youngren wanted to see if he could create a Chinook run from a small stream on his property. Nearly 40 years later, up to 4,000 Chinook return annually to be harvested in fisheries from Alaska to Northern Puget Sound."

If you have not visited this site in late September/October it is worth the visit. Can you imagine trying to do what Jim did now?