jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
Feb 28, 2004
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom McKinney
Boat
Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
Learning how to use a cnc router and came up with a design for rod storage. This is the first prototype. This one holds 25 rods w/out reels. Next one will be only for 16 and the rods will be closer together. I have it on a dolly but will be going to casters, just need different screws than what I had.

Future ones will likely have epoxy filets and a shellac finish. And I will probably move up to 18mm ply.

15768828202855703753268398794116.jpg 1576883011378947820941223631599.jpg

DC61

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
That’s nice. I have had one for years but mine isn’t quite as tall. I can store my rods with the reels still on them. The wheels are a nice touch.

caveman

May 1, 2006
windsor,ca
Name
charles boyd
Boat
20 ft. jetcraft,ciocc
Keep those photos of rods, reels, and tackle collections coming! I can show them to my wife when she thinks I have too much tackle. UPS just delivered a new blank, and she felt I already had far too many rods. I detected a note of sarcasm in her voice.
Very nice design, I may need one like it soon.....

SCHeadhunter

Well-Known "Member"
May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
That’s a very cool rod holder. I’m thinking about something similar.
I like that it’s fairly compact.
Having casters is a great idea too.
These rods are expensive, the Fuji guides are fragile so having a good system for storage is smart.
Mine are on the wall with rod sleeves on many. I bass fish as well do that’s another major collection of rods. I’m running out of usable wall storage

Last edited:

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
Just make sure you never leave your garage door open ... those casters could make job so much easier for bad guys ;)

rancanfish

wow, how deep is it here?
Jul 5, 2004
Dublin, CA
Name
Harold Head
Boat
1971 BW Menemsha
Great idea. I wouldn't be able to roll it around though. I have too much going on overhead.

nu2reels

edited so you don't read the defaulted stuff, lol
Nov 26, 2008
Los Angeles- South Central
Name
Dan
Boat
None
Nice box

I would need one half as tall due to low ceiling height, oh and you really need to keep them somewhat apart so the guides don’t bump each other and how to you reach for the ones in the middle of they are super close......

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
Height issues for adding and removing long rods, a bit difficult to access the rods in the middle. I like the rod racks that have a row on each side.

please don’t get me wrong, your work is beautiful.

yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
Ah Yes..... the wife issue .... how to avoid this >> :Beat_Them
Just take her in the close closet and count the number of
shoes she has. Should not be a problem after that fact finding mission. Mine has 32 pairs, I'm a long ways from that count. :-)

Walt

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
shoes she has. Should not be a problem after that fact finding mission. Mine has 32 pairs, I'm a long ways from that count. :-)

Walt
You better hope she doesn't ask you how much one rod and reel outfit costs vs one pair of shoes.

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
Nah you guys have it all wrong if they are that nice and organized your wife can see clearly if there are additions....here is my rod storage system...has worked out nicely for me....:D

View attachment 1100691

Walt
Fishy seems to be WAY, beyond a paltry 32 mark ...

LOL

yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
Fishy seems to be WAY, beyond a paltry 32 mark ...

LOL
Yes.... I considered Fish Buzzy as I was posting. He has set the bar pretty high. His assention to such heights gives us all the incentive to aspire to greatness. A true icon of having the correct set up for every possible situation. :beerbang: Got to admit I am jealous. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Montaukmaniac

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
Yes.... I considered Fish Buzzy as I was posting. He has set the bar pretty high. He assention to such heights gives us all the incentive to aspire to greatness. A true icon of having the correct set up for every possible situation. :beerbang: Got to admit I am jealous. :)
Yes indeed, something to aspire to...