Protection needed for this surf fishing trip!

Tin Pangas

Skipper
Aug 28, 2010
Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
Name
Kevin
Boat
37 Tollycraft
Me and my kids used to pump some of these from Alamitos bay and sell them to Big Fish on PCH. they said that the tourny guys used them. they are expensive and I've tried them without much success. anyone care to tell us of their experienses using Innkeeper worms?

zoner

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 17, 2018
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
none
I knew an old guy many years ago that would get them while pumping ghost shrimp. He'd slit them lengthwise then cut it into strips about 1/4" wide. He would poke the strip,wrap it around the hook once, poke it again,wrap around etc and use the bait to catch spotfin croaker in Mission Bay. On a long rod(shorefishing) you can cast the innkeeper bait a lot harder and farther than you can a ghost shrimp. And he caught a lot of fish. It should work for surf perch,corbina,yfc etc.

Reactions: Cubeye

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
I knew an old guy many years ago that would get them while pumping ghost shrimp. He'd slit them lengthwise then cut it into strips about 1/4" wide. He would poke the strip,wrap it around the hook once, poke it again,wrap around etc and use the bait to catch spotfin croaker in Mission Bay. On a long rod(shorefishing) you can cast the innkeeper bait a lot harder and farther than you can a ghost shrimp. And he caught a lot of fish. It should work for surf perch,corbina,yfc etc.
I knew a guy that used them for spotfin croakers in the San Onofre area. That's all he used. They stay on the hook much better than other baits. Long rod, long cast.