Normslanding

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 13, 2010
Palmetto, Fl., USA
Name
Dave Spangler
Boat
Blue Heaven
Welcome to global warming. That may or may not be true. The up side is the fish will be in your backyard. The down side is you will catch them all, with out traveling to Mexico, etc. It will effect SoCal a lot more than here in Florida. We have summer water hitting 90 deg. a lot, with water in the 50's in the winter.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Leftovers from the el nino, plus what they are calling the warm water blob off the pacific northwest. If you believe in global warming we could be entering a new normal. I think I will wait a few more seasons before I make a judgement on normal.

MJB

Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
Who knows.....its Mother Nature your guess is as good as any

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
The world's climate is infinitely dynamic.
Climatologists use the fastest super computers( 20 trillion calculations per second) in existence to predict climate. I believe that due to multiple variables the current El Nino will fade or shift. One example of a varible is during the last La Nina there was an super cold upwelling off Ecuador that contained the skelatons of dynoflagelits that were over 10,000 years old. In other words, thes waters were pushed up from the deep in water that had not been circulated during all this time. No possible way to predict that.
I believe the current El Nino will subside, however there is a definate global climate shift. If yo do not believe this then, you beleve that you or your favorite politician is smarter than 97% percent of the world's climatologists who do believe in global climate change with evidence. As does most of the rest of the world. Or you are in extreme denial because the possibilites are incovenient and demand a change...

sulla

Jan 1, 2007
Torrance CA
Name
Sulla
Boat
Party Boat Near You
This article was like trying to unravel 20 double negatives stringed together. On purpose I might add. These long winded blow yards have to make a living like anyone else , but unfortunately it's at the expense of the gullible and naive. Read this article if you dare it But be ready for good laugh and make sure you take along a puke bag because it will go in endless circles

mindbent

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 26, 2015
I.E.
Name
Jon
Boat
one that floats
Water temp is changing, fish are moving around, sounds like normal fishing to me.

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
Jun 20, 2015
San Fernando Valley
Name
Brad I
Boat
Nope
Climatologists use the fastest super computers( 20 trillion calculations per second) in existence to predict climate. I believe that due to multiple variables the current El Nino will fade or shift. One example of a varible is during the last La Nina there was an super cold upwelling off Ecuador that contained the skelatons of dynoflagelits that were over 10,000 years old. In other words, thes waters were pushed up from the deep in water that had not been circulated during all this time. No possible way to predict that.
I believe the current El Nino will subside, however there is a definate global climate shift. If yo do not believe this then, you beleve that you or your favorite politician is smarter than 97% percent of the world's climatologists who do believe in global climate change with evidence. As does most of the rest of the world. Or you are in extreme denial because the possibilites are incovenient and demand a change...
Agreed--specific and more extreme events like El Nino come and go, but climate change is gradually warming the globe and the oceans.

Reactions: bparker1225

cvjarrod

Freshie
Aug 6, 2003
Chula Vista
Visit site
Name
Jarrod
Boat
24 Diesel Skipjack Flybridge
Actually, it's because of El Nino that we are not out of yet. The Blob is gone:

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=87513

Take a look at the last 16 years of Pacific Sea Surface Temperatures:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/04/04/quicky-early-april-2016-enso-update-nino3-4-sea-surface-temperature-anomalies-still-at-the-threshold-of-a-strong-el-nino/

They haven't budged since 1990 with the exception of major El Ninos, like the one right now.

I don't care about some manufactured 97% consensus. Empirical data trumps models any day of the week.

Boy do people have short memories. After the last major El Nino in 1997, we experienced La Nina and were catching albacore in the early 2000's.

Reactions: PCH

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Actually, it's because of El Nino that we are not out of yet. The Blob is gone:

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=87513

Take a look at the last 16 years of Pacific Sea Surface Temperatures:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/04/04/quicky-early-april-2016-enso-update-nino3-4-sea-surface-temperature-anomalies-still-at-the-threshold-of-a-strong-el-nino/

They haven't budged since 1990 with the exception of major El Ninos, like the one right now.

I don't care about some manufactured 97% consensus. Empirical data trumps models any day of the week.

Boy do people have short memories. After the last major El Nino in 1997, we experienced La Nina and were catching albacore in the early 2000's.
Not sure I believe the man made global warming thing, but what kind of data do you think they use to generate these models? People throw around this term "empirical data" and I do not think most people actually know what that means.

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
I am not interested in arguing, the question was will this El Nino end? Yes it will when can only be predicted. About global warming and "man's" influence people will believe what they want and not amount of arguement or data will convince them otherwise. However if you want to read a fairly good overview to consider objectively both sides this is a good start:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Reactions: makairaa