Tom Honaker

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
I’d also prefer to catch Wahoo on bombs, Raiders, Seastrike 33’s, etc but getting them on the boat is job 1 and trolling is a good, and easy way to get it done. I never turn down a trolling rotation in ‘hoo country! Of the 7 I brought home this year, 6 came on bombs but the odd one on a DTX minnow still came home too.
Had 7 on my latest 10 day trip, the black chrome sea strike 33 in purple got bit well. The powder coated purple raiders in my opinion, got bit really well! Hyper fast grind was the ticket. Got them from ringed hooks .com. I'm going to order a bunch more. I understand it's a situational circumstance, but you need to feed em what they want! Avet hxj raptor 2 speed, United composites 8 foot raptor, 50 yards of izor line 60 clear or blue mono, to 4 feet of 135 pound crimped floro. Wind like you're life depends on it!

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
I will say my egg plant Intruder got bit really good. It got bit 3 out of 4 times I was on the troll, but I lost 1. I never even put any of my new DTX's in the water. I got a total of 5 wahoo out of 9 bites. Got 2 on the troll, 2 on bombs and 1 on bait. I will certainly have more of the intruders in my box for next year.
Jerry any chance I can get a couple eyes?

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Well good things come to those who exercise patience. I just talked with a fishing buddy of mine that moved back to PA last year. He is coming out to go on my 11 day Thanksgiving day trip on the Indy. And guess what he is sending me????? anyone?? yep a couple original Hooker intruder from at least 20 year ago. Heck the eggplant one never had the hook protectors taken off of it.. hahaha Scored. Since I already have an eggplant I may need to get these baby's repainted and all cleaned up.
Im thinking a Tony (MAC) Tiger and maybe a sweet dorado color??

OG Intruder's.jpg

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Been working on my painting skills for the Tony Mac Tiger. This will be one of the production colors we will put out.
View attachment 1065221
View attachment 1065222
View attachment 1065220
Hey Jerry,
Thanks so much for the eyes you sent me for the eggplant intruder I used on my Indy trip last Nov. I now have 2 large OG intruders that I would like to get repainted and wondering if you or Fishdoggery can repaint one of them to match this color? Also wondering what other color scheme might be a good choice for the second OG ? Any ideas? thxs

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
You lucky dog. Production Intruders may never happen as the JRI jigs are consuming 100 per cent of their time with huge backlogs for his jigs

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
You lucky dog. Production Intruders may never happen as the JRI jigs are consuming 100 per cent of their time with huge backlogs for his jigs
Yeah I know he's been slammed and they were also refitting the machinery to handle a higher production. So who knows when they will be coming. But now this gives me 3 large ones and 1 smaller one. So I should good if I can get these 2 repainted so I have a color selection.

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
Yeah I know he's been slammed and they were also refitting the machinery to handle a higher production. So who knows when they will be coming. But now this gives me 3 large ones and 1 smaller one. So I should good if I can get these 2 repainted so I have a color selection.
Four!!! You are a lucky lucky dog.

Reactions: FinHunter619

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
IMG_20190904_202455526.jpg
IMG_20190904_202507101.jpg

For anyone of you long rangers interested in upping your arsenal I have an original full size Hooker Intruder in original packaging for sale for $300. PM me,no low balls will be considered, get yours now. I will deliver anywhere in coastal So Cal.

Last edited:

ripped

Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
38K view's of this thread... I know about 25 of those are mine LOL Based on that ratio, there should be 1,520 Intruders sold on this board alone!

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
😉 Original Hooker Intruders only catch those original fish, while while the new JRI Hooker Intruders will consistently hook "new" fish. :rofl:

(Sorry I just couldn't resist.... )

IMHO: The effectiveness of the lure is truly excellent. Over years of nailing Hoo on 'em, I could not determine ANY hook-up or catch disparity, between the "Original" and the "JRI Hooker Intruder."

(Durability is also a parallel, as the both Intruders do not fail when being hit by a Hoo, or hitting the deck with head shakes.)

Tight lines & screaming reels.

Hopefully for all of us SDLR anglers, we can all share the rail again... soon.

Until then be safe & be WELL!

Last edited:

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Reactions: jbarbosa

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
All those reply's and only maybe 1 decent reply to the question. I've been told the hooks and swivels are the same as original. So maybe no real difference except paint colors and nostalgic reasons.

Reactions: Cubeye

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam

jbarbosa

Oct 24, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
Name
John "Rio" Barbosa
Boat
cabo panga
Yes, underneath towards the tail, there’s a really cool giant squid sticker with crossed tentacles... THAT my friends is what gives the ORIGINALS extra MOJO.... over the reproductions... not to mention that in ALL THINGS the originals are always more valuable...

Reactions: Tim Turis

tugasangler

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 9, 2016
Virginia
Name
James
Boat
Yankee Capts
The new ones have a different shimmy than the originals . I have both and both have their place