scbassmaster

twin22s
Sep 8, 2006
san clemente
Name
Brian
Boat
"I'm in the market, as it were" - Jack Sparrow
Light load of 17, good mix of large and small dines and woke up 90 miles south past all the mini paddy yellowtail. Didn’t get the trollers all setup when we hit a skipjack, nothing on bait so skunks off and trollers back out. About 30 min past sunrise Captain makes a hard turn calls for heavy chum, good bite going for 30 min? We only put 15 YFT and a couple skips on. I landed 2 on a colt sniper and pulled the hooks on one.
Back on the hunt for what felt like forever after the fast start. Probably 2-hours and ended back up in the same area we started. 2 trollers go off, 2 YFT hit the deck and the school stuck with us for about 45 min. This is where we put most of the fish on the boat including 3 dorado. I only got one on the sniper. Afternoon went on pretty uneventful with a few blind strikes that didn’t covert to bait. My last fish would come on the troll off a dolphin pod, it was noticeably bigger than the schoolies we were catching in the morning. One jig fish on the slide that was the same size then back on the troll. the sun would down without another bite. Tri-tip dinner was alright.
445E014C-4B31-4408-B80B-1578E8A9F0F2.jpeg

3CA5FDD5-4A5F-4DC1-A04B-CE11871D3A90.jpeg

Upvote 0

scbassmaster

twin22s
Sep 8, 2006
san clemente
Name
Brian
Boat
"I'm in the market, as it were" - Jack Sparrow
Was that always the plan or did they call an audible from going after the BFT with the slow recent bite?
Not sure, listed as a freelance trip, but he definitely had the idea to go for it, glad it worked for us, I’m sure it doesn’t always happen that way.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Uhhhhhh... i really doubt YFT are coming north at this point. More like hanging around and slowly moving back south.
Yes in late November save for a massive hurricane to push straight north and last for days! We can only hope they are not pushed out of range!! 90 miles is not one day even. Luckily bluefin are not really leaving anymore. Private boaters that know and follow events closely have basically at least had chances at fish 9/10 months or better a year since 2015. But big fish are smart and brutally tough to land!! Good luck

Upvote 0