Fishin Phil

Fishin Magician
Jul 20, 2005
San Diego
Name
Fishin Phil
Boat
Someday
It would seem that latex surgical tubing would work better since it comes in assorted sizes and you can take sharpie markers and tint it to what ever colors you want. It is very soft an durable so it will last a lot longer and still give you the action in the water. You can take a little braided line and sew the front part of the tube closed.

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
It would seem that latex surgical tubing would work better since it comes in assorted sizes and you can take sharpie markers and tint it to what ever colors you want. It is very soft an durable so it will last a lot longer and still give you the action in the water. You can take a little braided line and sew the front part of the tube closed.
http://www.georgepoveromo.com/content.php?pid=46
Yep.

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
The poaching thing is getting played out. Andy got got busted for overfishing and nobody batted an eye. The baits are stupid because they are overpriced and there’s nothing new about them. They got bit on some seabass and now everybody is freaking out about them. There’s a ton of ways to mimic the bait, just do that and get over it.

Adrien
Who is Andy?

People were pissed at the pacstar when they got caught

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
I bought a pack. $15.99 for 2. Yes, one halibut, one lure. I started shoving the body up a kajiki. Works the same.

Now that I know the poacher, I'll pass. Probably woulda passed anyway after trying a pack.

Adrien Baker

Born to get down.
May 18, 2016
Taft
www.pbnation.com
Name
Adrien Baker
Boat
Ultra
Andy Cates, RRIII.

I have no delusions on what Chad did—I’m just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy on this board and the double standards.

Adrien

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Andy Cates, RRIII.

I have no delusions on what Chad did—I’m just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy on this board and the double standards.

Adrien
Also you got to admit the way they poached although both illegal are a bit different if that makes any sense

Last edited:

phillyblunt

Jun 10, 2005
SD
Name
Philip
Boat
EVEN KEEL
Lol. Just wait for him at the Dana dock. He’s got the black hook up key west boat and return them then. Straight to the top.

Saw their new slogan. “ Hooked up baits, almost as easy as poaching”

I jk, but my personal experience with him was not that great. That’s why I will not purchase them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RideMX4life21

monster1

Typical striper owner
May 30, 2006
Long beach
Name
Monster
Boat
Yep
Yeah. This guy is full of shit. He's using the same minnow head design do-it mold sells. The tubes are easy to reproduce by hand dipping plastic. I bought a pack of 5/8 for ten bucks just to see what made them so special. There is nothing special about them. I still feel like I got ripped of.

Nick

215cc Triumph
Aug 4, 2004
san diego
www.sandiegoanglers.com
Name
Nick
Boat
bad habit
Does anyone know if the Basstrix tube is available in San Diego?

InDeepShip

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 5, 2017
Ventura/Vallejo
Name
Adam
Boat
In My Dreams
bass pro sells some that are simular and are used for freshwater. I use the same hookup bait heads and they work actually better a pack is 10 for 5$

Reactions: bugman

carterantebi

I hate fishing
Oct 9, 2016
Coronado
Name
Carter
Boat
Pacific Queen!
bass pro sells some that are simular and are used for freshwater. I use the same hookup bait heads and they work actually better a pack is 10 for 5$
Any idea what they’re called?

JoshInSD

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 22, 2015
San Diego
Name
Josh
Boat
Mackerel Magnet (Sailfish 21' CC)
The problem is there are reputable shops who knows he is a poacher but don't care.

These shops are run by respected sportsmen who I thought knew what sport meant... What a shame
Angler’s Arsenal (now in Lakeside) for example is one of them. They knowingly despise Chad/Hookup Baits but admit they carry them because people “buy the shit out of them.” So, if you all stop buying them, they will stop carrying them! They used those same words.

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Angler’s Arsenal (now in Lakeside) for example is one of them. They knowingly despise Chad/Hookup Baits but admit they carry them because people “buy the shit out of them.” So, if you all stop buying them, they will stop carrying them! They used those same words.
there are other options out there that they dont need to work with people they dont want to work with