PROBLEM IN BAJA

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by baja tailhunter, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phingst

phingst Newbie

Name:
    Code seven
    Boat:
    Trophy 19ft
    Abalone

2. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum

Frank I hate it when you're right...:rofl::rofl:

3. robertebaker

robertebaker BOILERMAKER.

Name:
    Bob Baker
    Boat:
    No
    I had a terrible experience in San Carlos. I was at a guys house who was having a party. I didn't know it, but he had some beautiful hookers flown into La Paz then had them driven to his house. It was real scarry!:rofl:

4. Team Pochos

Team Pochos Newbie

Name:
    Pochos
    Boat:
    Bad Market, High Risk, Outcast, Don Valerio
    Wife's laptop was left in the cab from SJD to Cabo and was returned the next morning.

5. Moomba

Moomba Newbie

Name:
    Richard
    Boat:
    skiboat
    My daughters medicine was left in a cab after dinner in Cabo and returned at 2AM the next morning...2001

When radio station KMET in L.A. had a "finally a friday" party ('79,'80,'81???) in Hussongs with Penthouse pets serving beer:hali_olutta:....REAL SCARY!!!

Camping right next to Palmas De Cortez...1977

6. Torrance local

Torrance local Newbie

Name:
    zane
    Boat:
    Striper
    WOW!!! It only took 2 hours to reach from, Why wake a dead dog to 85 posts..... we need some Tuna.......or a nice run fo California Yellow Tail........to get us out of this rutt.... or some Old Album Covers.......

7. divedemo

divedemo Divedemo

Name:
    Bernie
    Boat:
    None
    Hey Stan-long time since i saw some blacks at low tide! I saw abs at point loma seafoods for $115 buck a pound. And they were frozen

8. divedemo

divedemo Divedemo

Name:
    Bernie
    Boat:
    None
    Worst thing that happend to me was with a car load of hookers and the security would not let me take them into the timeshare I was staying in PV. Tried to give them a big tip and they would not let them in.
    Actually i was impressed i could not bribe them.

9. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    I've been going down since the early 80s and just loved it down there. I've got two shitty experiences why I won't drive back down I'd share but it will get beat down so I'll save it.
    My .02 cents is stay out of the border area and you'll be fine.

10. el Toro

el Toro I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Nate
    Boat:
    Artemis
    Travelled there all my life, but have kids now and they need me and I don't like to worry my wife. It's not the corruption or really even the violence that I directly fear, it's that an honest mistake might turn into a serious accident or incident and Mexico is still a 3rd world country, generally lacking the facilities or logistics to handle bad situations efficiently. And you still lack any rights. I'd feel comfortable flying down for a fishing trip, but no more driving down for me.

My run ins over the years...

1. paid a $20 bribe in TJ for surfboards hanging out my truck without a red flag (I know, BS).

2. paid a $100 bribe to get a buddy out of the back of a cop car from pissing in the street in Rosarito. Dumb ass.

3. Brother got a speeding ticket in my truck outside of Guerrero Negro while I was sleeping in the shotgun seat. Cop took license. Tried to bribe the cop, he wouldn't take it. Had to go back to TJ a week later, pay fine and get license back. Bro really just went for curiosity's sake to see if the license would actually make it all the way back up to TJ like the cop said.

4. Took a hot blonde girlfriend into Papas and Beer in Ensenada. It was an off night, not a weekend or holiday we were staying at the Coral for a little getaway. She wanted to dance so I took her there (dumb move on my part). She got hassled by locals the moment we walked in. As we walked away from a guy that was drunk and harassing her, I got suckerpunched. The switch flipped, I turned, and kicked his ass. Within seconds 5 more of his buddies broke a bottle over my head and beat the shit out of me. 34 stitches in my head. A broken arm that took surgery to repair, and a big cut on my girlfriend's leg. Yes, I've seen the inside of a mexican emergency room and ridden in a mexican ambulance. I was scared to death. But I was surprised and actually impressed by the hospital. The place was spotless. When it came time to pay the bill I had about $300 cash and my credit card. The office was closed so no cards and our bill was about $1200. I gave the nurse all my cash and my card and promised to come back in the morning (only a few more hours anyway) to pay. I just did not want to be admitted to the hospital and add to the bill. I fully expected to kiss the cash and the card goodbye. To my surprise, evertyhing was accounted for in an envelope with my name on it the next morning. I paid my bill and went straight to a US emergency room. The US Doc took a look at the stitches on my dome and said the mex guy did a great job. In the end, the vehicle insurance we bought even covered the hospital bill. Yes, this could have just as easily happened in the states, but I would have been a whole lot less scared in the process and would not have had the fear of the unknown or how I was going to get robbed in the process. Everything worked out, but I got lucky, way lucky. And I'm not one to press my luck. Just too much to risk now. That's just me. I'm sure I'd feel differently if my kids were grown and not dependent on me.

11. aguachico

aguachico I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    come on share it. It's not your fault you thought 'it' was a chica.

12. aguachico

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    EL TORO verdad!

13. Bullshipper

Bullshipper Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jeffry
    Boat:
    Prokat 26
    I lived on the mainland for 30 years.
    Had 2 vehicles broken into
    Had an armed robbery at a store I owned
    Daughter was kidnapped in 2008, cost me all I had to get her back
    Moved to states 2 weeks later
    Inlaws have had mine payrolls stolen twice and have to change phone numbers every 3 months due to calls saying their family has been nabbed.

No one that ever did me wrong ever spent more than 3 hrs in jail.

Visiting there is one thing, living there is another.

Then again, even thoufh internet reports that there were over 400 kidnapping in Phoenix in 2010, as a white caucasian, I feel a lot safer in California because we blend in.

Would like to spend time there 6 months a year, but we just stand out too much.

14. cj5orion

cj5orion Build it...Remodel it...Go Fishin/Huntin/Baja

Name:
    Bert
    Boat:
    gone baja
    Its been almost ayear since I've been back to Gonzaga.
    1 st morning here.....
    problems in baja ?....
    deciding whether ya should have baileys an coffee or
    tequila an coffee !!!!

Brush your teeth.....gargle with Pacificos !!!!!!!!!

Adios

:hali_olutta::hali_olutta: :finger:

15. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Ha. Ok

We were in a caravan coming back from Rosarita and in the outskirts of town we got pulled over (one of those imaginary stop signs). These two cops said they "know" we are all drunk so we have to follow him. We did. They took all of the car keys and said it was going to be 1000 dollars to get our cars back. We took a taxi to the border and had room mates pick us up. My buddies girlfriend drove us back down and we basically stole our cars back with spare keys. The guy in the back was at the front of the line( we had crossed) and a cop tried to stop him from crossing. Evidently they were onto us. The US border guard waved him through and that Mex cop you could tell was really pissed. The part that was fucked up about this is that the people who were driving weren't drinking. So, their kangaroo court convicted people of being an intoxicated passenger. Whatever, that was some scary shit and I'm glad I was only a passenger.

Fast forward to early 90s. I went down with a buddy to buy a coat. It started to rain so we stopped into a bar. These girls across the street waved at us so we took off for that bar. The next thing I know I got 2 cops grabbing me and shoving me into the back of a car. If it wasn't for my buddy Carlos who spoke Spanish asking wtf did he do I don't know what would have happened. They said I matched the description of someone who just robbed a local store. Ya....sure ok. A gringo robbing shops in broad daylight. Anyway they shoved me to the side and emptied my pockets looking for "ID". After about 15 minutes they tell me I'm free to go as they found the "robber". We jumped in a taxi and got the hell outta there. I took a look in my wallet/pockets and yup, 275 dollars missing. I even split it up between pockets in case of the usual mordida.

I'll consider flying down passed the border but I'm sure as hell not going back to TJ, Rosarita or Ensanada. I gots kids and family and to me, it's just not worth this wild west shit anymore.

Ok Art, a happy ending for you. Somewhere in the mid 80s we were heading to a bar down off Revolution. My buddy meets these "girls" and they tag along with us. Next thing I know he's sucking face with one of them. As we go into the bar the door man starts saying, NO NO and pointing his hand at the two "girls". We ask him why and in broken English, she man, she man pointing at them. My buddy says wtf? He leans over and grabs a crotch and I swear he was going to puke. He runs in the bar to the bathroom and starts washing his mouth with soap. LMFAO He has never lived it down. Poor dude, that he/she was pretty fucking hot too.:rofl:

So, believe it or not everyone. I don't care. Good luck to those that still go down. I hope you don't need it.

16. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum
    It's all clear to me now Kurt...:rofl:

17. el Toro

el Toro I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Nate
    Boat:
    Artemis
    Yeah OK Kurt. Tell your "buddy" to watch the Hangover II. Similar scene.

18. japruit

japruit Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy
    Boat:
    24' SeaRay & 18' Glasspar
    Simply amazing how much and how long this shit continues :appl:

19. aguachico

Name:
    Art
    Boat:
    Sweet Kurt. Back in the day old school shit huh? The whole drinking and driving thing is funny. I got pulled over once by a lobo. Black muni car. He asked have I been drinking, I had and mucho since I was just leaving the bar. I denied drinking anything. He said "le me smell your breath". I blow the foulest taco/beer breath in his face I thought he was going to puke. He let me go...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.