Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
No cal lou/intrepid fan/botch job gas tank bobby has STILL never left and still has a stupid opinion
Fuck yoh asshole. Add constructive comments about what is being discussed here.
Lou
So let me get this right.....if I have a reel that was used and is in great condition with a quality braid like JB Hollow 16 weave and not this waxy garbage or chinese knock off shit and do my research as to what a fair price is regardless of the scarcity of said reel.....I should discount a reel 20% and throw the braid in for free ?
So tell me Lou.......do you really think a reel like a original Saltiga Surf 30 that may or may not be available loaded with braid that is as hard to find as hens teeth should sell for less than what the current market price is for damn near any original Saltiga Star drag because if you really believe that then I know you won't be interested in anything I will be selling unless you need some beat up jigmasters and those I will gladly discount 30% just for you and I'll even spool it up for you
Read my original post. I have purchased used reel where the band was bad deep into the spool. I am always suspicious of braid on used reels.I don't know haw many tangles you have been in or if it has been scraped on the bottom of the boat
Lou
So let me get this right.....if I have a reel that was used and is in great condition with a quality braid like JB Hollow 16 weave and not this waxy garbage or chinese knock off shit and do my research as to what a fair price is regardless of the scarcity of said reel.....I should discount a reel 20% and throw the braid in for free ?
So tell me Lou.......do you really think a reel like a original Saltiga Surf 30 that may or may not be available loaded with braid that is as hard to find as hens teeth should sell for less than what the current market price is for damn near any original Saltiga Star drag because if you really believe that then I know you won't be interested in anything I will be selling unless you need some beat up jigmasters and those I will gladly discount 30% just for you and I'll even spool it up for you
Quality braid or not, One cannot see the condition of the braid deep down towards the spool. Regarding older top of the line feels one always need to make sure parts are still available for repairs

Reactions: Vanmungo
Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Here you go Lou.......I realize this may be a difficult read for you but this a dumbed down version of microeconomics and just might help you out when you consider there is a ton of supply sitting in containers offshore and no.....I will not delve into the politics of it as there is no future in it so save your left wing, right wing, chicken wing garbage for the political forum

Ya know Lou.....I read your response and a couple of things.....first off....anybody that needs to respond with a vulgarity and can't spell tells me everything I need to know and in deference to you regarding braid and your 20%....I would take the braid off of any reel if you or anybody else didn't want it, I would spool it onto another reel that I have and the 20% would be on the low end because I would probably charge you a nuisence fee of at least 30%

I don't really believe in luck but I surely do believe in stupid and you prove it every time you post:nutkick:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Nov 28, 2003
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Why does almost every thread take a hard left (or hard right), and head straight for the political angle?
It basically kills any constructive dialog about the subject at hand.
I understand that some guys see this as a way to get the thread closed. Or some guys don't like the poster.
But do they all have to come to this?

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Here you go Lou.......I realize this may be a difficult read for you but this a dumbed down version of microeconomics and just might help you out when you consider there is a ton of supply sitting in containers offshore and no.....I will not delve into the politics of it as there is no future in it so save your left wing, right wing, chicken wing garbage for the political forum

Ya know Lou.....I read your response and a couple of things.....first off....anybody that needs to respond with a vulgarity and can't spell tells me everything I need to know and in deference to you regarding braid and your 20%....I would take the braid off of any reel if you or anybody else didn't want it I would spool it onto another reel that I have and the 20% would be on the low end because I would probably charge you a nuisence fee of at least 30%
I don't really believe in luck but I surely do believe in stupid and you prove it every time you post
Lou this proves it, that
Jesus loves you,
And everyone else thinks you’re a Asshole.

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
May 26, 2006
San Diego
Name
Len
Boat
Camo Whammo
I know I will probably get beat up on this but here goes.

Psst, don't act surprised when members throw jabs.

I am of the opinion that a lot of people are being unrealistic in their asking prices for pre owned rods and reels. ( vintage products excluded )

Usually asking prices are negotiable unless they are specifically stated firm. That's why they're called asking prices.

If a price seems unreal, negotiate. It takes two to make a deal right?

I think that once a product goes out the door the depreciation of that rod and reel goes down 20%, than even more for the use and condition of the product.

Is there a formula for this or did you pull this 20% out of your ass? Sounds like a blanket statement. Not all gear is the same.

To me a preowned reel with spectra has no value.

Blasphemy! Guess I should throw away part of my arsenal because they're spooled with mono!

If you buy a preowned reel one needs to consider the cost of having it inspected and serviced if you can't do it yourself I can't tell how many times I inspected line on a preowned reel that the line was beat up deep down into the spool.

The acronym YMMV comes to mind.

Honestly, if my critical thinking is on point and I add up all the clues... sounds like you feel ripped off because you got what ended up being junk line on what is otherwise a perfectly good reel. Am I close?

Also sounds like someone may have flipped the braid before selling. I do it to get the most out of my braid. And really, how often will you get spooled that deep anyway?

So if a rod and reel is not priced at 20% off retail I may as well buy a new one.

There's that 20% again LOL.

Just my two cent opinion

Exactly, your opinion. You decided to share it, on an open forum. Bloody fuckin' decks of all places. My internet skin grew thick here for crying out loud.

Lou sounds like you got unlucky. Maybe just buy brand new. The savings in the classifieds may not be worth your headache. Oh wait, the tackle shop might be sold out and you got a trip coming up soon right? That urgency man, what a bitch... forces you to have to pay more right? Gee if there was a word to describe all that...

Upvote 0

scott v

• Sep 3, 2011
    Rancho Santa Margarita
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Keep wishing
    Thought you left long ago.

I
    Intrepid Fan
    Why don't you contribute something to the discussion at hand instead of being a asshole?
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
    Nov 28, 2003
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Thought you left long ago.
    Trolls never leave

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Why does almost every thread take a hard left (or hard right), and head straight for the political angle?
    I understand that some guys see this as a way to get the thread closed. Or some guys don't like the poster.
    If your question is not rhetorical, if you are really interested in understanding why so many threads end up with nasty comments based on radically opposing political views, here are some sincere thoughts:
    1. It isn't every thread or even almost every thread that gets political -- based on my quick sample, the vast majority do note.
    2. The threads most likely to get political are those that raise inherently political questions, as was the case with this thread. OP expressed his view that the asking prices for used fishing equipment were too high. That question is rooted in economics and economics is inherently political. It is no surprise that opposing political views would surface as a result.
    3. I disagree with your assertion that political discussion "basically kills any constructive dialog". Many people, myself included, can and do have constructive political discussions without resorting to vulgarity or personal attacks and even threats of violence. Conversely, some people resort to personal attacks because they can't make a coherent argument on the merits. Perhaps no surprise, given the number of national politicians and members of the media who do the same thing. Some people even invite that kind of behavior. Note that OP began by saying "I know I will probably get beat up on this but . . ." I believe this thread was doomed from the beginning as a result of the lethal combination of a political topic with an OP who routinely engages in vulgarity and personal attacks, as he did in this thread repeatedly. He saw this coming.
    4. The idea that the problem can be solved by banning political discussion is naïve, at best. Politics is deeply intertwined with too many important topics of interest to fisherman. MLPAs, tipping, minimum wages, 365 day licenses, USCG licensing requirements, liability for the losses that inevitably occur, The real problem arises not from that discussion but from those who can't or won't discuss such matters civilly and respectfully, but instead result to vulgarity and personal attacks. Outlawing political discussion is like outlawing guns. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Similarly, political topics don't cause people to behave like assholes, but being an asshole does.

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none
    And this is why do not see many new posts on a daily basis. People don't want to post because of alll the shit heads trolling Bloody deck looking to cut people down. I can see Bloody decks demise as a meaningless fishing blog. So many people I know now rarely look to this site for meaningful information or left altogether.

Last edited:

nefarious235

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Aug 1, 2008
    Proudly American
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    canoe & plastic flotsam
    And this is why do not see many new posts on a daily basis. People don't want to post because of alll the shit heads trolling Bloody deck looking to cut people down. I can see Bloody decks demise as a meaningless fishing blog. So many people I know now rarely look to this site for meaningful information or left altogether.
    And we appreciate it

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat
    arima - the SLIDER
    And this is why do not see many new posts on a daily basis. People don't want to post because of alll the shit heads trolling Bloody deck looking to cut people down.

I know I will probably get beat up on this but here goes.

So what gives? You set yourself up as an easy target then complain.

Why hasn't you skin become thick by now. Who gives a crap about the negatives posts? It is the way you respond that counts.

I personally love the banter. The main reason I am hear to to glean and share information.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    And this is why do not see many new posts on a daily basis. People don't want to post because of alll the shit heads trolling Bloody deck looking to cut people down.
    Then why would you start a thread expecting to create controversy? And why would you attack others on a personal level, complete with vulgarities? I am genuinely puzzled at the seeming contradiction. All I can infer is that your concerns about the future of Bloody Decks are not sincere. If there is another explanation, I would love to hear it.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Nor cal lou your free to join all your friends,dont let the door hit you in the ass and please dont come back with a new name and start your whining again.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.