fishja

I've seen bigger waves in the toilet!
Jun 21, 2015
Carlsbad
Name
fishja
Boat
Sold
Left MB at o'dark thirty. Got to the zone shortly after (90' of water). Great bait and lots of current flowing east to west. Saw some bait getting real nervous on the surface... then they started blowing up! Grabbed my Tranx on a 9' seeker Hercules rod with a 130gram flatfall (anchovy/ sardine color?) and loaded up. Perfect placement and 5 seconds into the sink it stopped.

A few smoking runs and feisty head shakes before she decided to come up. Gaff, photograph, bleed, ice. Back at the dock before 8am.

Gotta love when a little window of opportunity and a lot of luck come together for an epic morning! Sitting at work drooling over the Pokè/ sashimi that will be coming in the next few days.

IMG_2741.JPG.jpeg

IMG_2746.JPG-1.jpeg

IMG_2751.JPG-3.jpeg

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Nice SLUG Yellowtail, great job!!

Upvote 0

GregorXr

Oct 5, 2012
Temecula
Name
Robin Boyer
Boat
Patients Boat!
Killer winter time fishing lately. What are the plastic pieces on the front of the console if anyone knows.

Upvote 0

RyanErb

Love to fish!
Aug 7, 2012
All over the 805
Name
Ryan
Boat
OnTheWater
Congrats! Very nice fish!

What made you grab the flat fall compared to the other regular surface iron it looks like you had rigged up on the other rod? (second picture, rod on the right).

Upvote 0

fishja

Jun 21, 2015
Carlsbad
Name
fishja
Boat
Sold
Congrats! Very nice fish!

What made you grab the flat fall compared to the other regular surface iron it looks like you had rigged up on the other rod? (second picture, rod on the right).

Was out on the water on Sunday with my wife and the fish were blowing up on smaller sardines... we could see them in the water which was pretty cool to show her!

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Beautiful mossy right there! Envious would be a serious understatement.

Viva la flat-fall!

:appl::cheers:

Upvote 0

fishja

Jun 21, 2015
Carlsbad
Name
fishja
Boat
Sold
Beautiful mossy right there! Envious would be a serious understatement.

Viva la flat-fall!

:appl::cheers:
99% of the time it's me being the envious one! This flat fall has been my lucky lure... last fish I caught with it was a 30ish pound BFT that got snagged in the upper back.

Hell yea! Nice job
I'll take luck any day!

Upvote 0