ahidog

10000 atta boys
Sep 15, 2004
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
So some of you have heard but not all of you. My big Matthew Muehleman had a cardiac arrest at the Aztec game yesterday. He was with his grandparents and Bonnie started CPR as best she could while he was in his seat. Paramedics came and got him prone where they continued CPR and shocked him back to life. He is currently in MICU and has an afib arrhythmia (irregular and somewhat rapid heartbeat). He will likley go in for a procedure Monday to see what is wrong (Electrical study). He is doing very well at the moment. Please keep him your prayers. I am so thankful for God's hand in this ( I will explain that part later).

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Wow! My heart goes out to you and Matt big time Tommy. I'm stunned, in tears and at a loss for words. I'm here for you and your family if there's anything I can do.....

Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
    Dec 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Name
    Jerry
    Boat
    Spirit of Adventure
    So some of you have heard but not all of you. My big Matthew Muehleman had a cardiac arrest at the Aztec game yesterday. He was with his grandparents and Bonnie started CPR as best she could while he was in his seat. Paramedics came and got him prone where they continued CPR and shocked him back to life. He is currently in MICU and has an afib arrhythmia (irregular and somewhat rapid heartbeat). He will likley go in for a procedure Monday to see what is wrong (Electrical study). He is doing very well at the moment. Please keep him your prayers. I am so thankful for God's hand in this ( I will explain that part later).
    Hope he makes full recovery, and thankfully he had CPR applied quickly. We should all learn how to perform CPR.

Upvote 0

junkyardEd

Special Baiter Wizard
    Nov 27, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Ed
    Boat
    SOLD
    A full and speedy recovery is in the making.

Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none
    Sorry to hear about this Tommy, Our prayers keep passing each other lately. My guess from what you mention is possible vagus nerve involvement, best fix may be an oblation which will sever the link to the faulty nerve.

Done once then no more issues. Praying for a easy resolution and speedy recovery for Matt.

Upvote 0

hardrider5

Master
    Sep 4, 2003
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Parker 2520

Preyer Sent

Upvote 0

Swamp Stick

Sea-n-Dbl Ranch
    Jul 20, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Billy Baroo
    Boat
    Kayak
    Get well Matt. Stay strong Tom.
    Uncle Cy

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
    Apr 27, 2011
    Chula Vista, CA
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    won't b mine
    Prayer sent for all your family.

CPR is a good thing to learn, but any CPR started right away is beneficial, and may have been the case here in sustaining life until medics arrive. Please All, class or no class, just do it.

Again, best thoughts and prayers. Jon

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Prayers out. Stay strong.

Upvote 0

ahidog

10000 atta boys
    Sep 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Prayer sent for all your family.

CPR is a good thing to learn, but any CPR started right away is beneficial, and may have been the case here in sustaining life until medics arrive. Please All, class or no class, just do it.

Again, best thoughts and prayers. Jon

Exactly anyone who is a sportsman should know CPR just because without it I might be planning a funeral

Upvote 0

ahidog

10000 atta boys
    Sep 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    So Matthew Muehleman is stable and has been for over 24 hours all vitals normal. At 7:30 he goes in for an electrical study of his heart hopefully answers are on the way. Thanks for your prayers keep them coming.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    So Matthew Muehleman is stable and has been for over 24 hours all vitals normal. At 7:30 he goes in for an electrical study of his heart hopefully answers are on the way. Thanks for your prayers keep them coming.
    I'm soooooo happy to hear to hear he is stable Tom. Please keep me updated as you are able and tell Matt I'm pulling for him.

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
    Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    '99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
    Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Upvote 0

ahidog

10000 atta boys
    Sep 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    The latest: They have finished today’s procedure and were unable to find anything as such tomorrow they will be installing a pacemaker and/or a defibrillator in case this happens again. Not what I hoped for but God is good and knows what is best.

Tom

Upvote 0

cacahuates

S.K.I.P.
    Apr 19, 2010
    LB
    Name
    Mike Dumalski
    Boat
    Triton 18 SE "RESEARCH"
    My mom experienced a sudden death cardiac arrest syndrome about 10 years ago. She is a walking miracle, definitely shouldn't be here. She had a pacemaker/defibrillator put in (after we were all told to say good bye to her and that if by some miracle she did come out of her coma she would have severe brain damage). You'd have to spend a ton of time with my mom to notice she didn't breath or have a pulse for 20 minutes. They went in to change the batteries a few years ago and pull some data. Said it has never been used. Your brother must be needed down here with us more like my mom is, now he just needs to figure out why. Miracles do happen and the pacemaker/defibrillator thingy isn't too big of a deal and he'll for get he even has it. Hang in there man, it is not his time. Speedy recovery for your brother and peace to his family and friends!!

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 2, 2013
    The OC
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
    I'm sorry!

Upvote 0