gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
looks like the line from ebay is a bit thicker than regular pp but imo for typical rock fishing it wont matter... you probably don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a tuna trip to go cheap on the line if it's not the same quality (which im not sure if its better or worse)

bob what type of fishing have you done with this line?

jowo

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 9, 2004
Woodland Hills
Name
Johnny
Boat
Sold
I act actually felt like it was super flat. Felt almost like straight strands that weren't braided. It did feel super smooth, but that 'unbraided' feel made me feel at though it wouldn't be very abrasion resistant. I still have it on some of my light freshwater spinners, but sold a bulk spool of higher test I had w/o even opening it, just didn't have the confidence in it that I want to have. Replaced that spool with Izor white.

bmachale

Bob MacHale
Jul 8, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
Bob MacHale
Boat
SeaSwirl Striper 21 Richard M
Offshore trolling on Okuma 20 and 30s as a backing with about 150' of mono and on my bait casters. Also on my avets. sx-hx raptor. Landed a 49 pound wsb on 50lb and 3 ft flouro leader on my shimano 200 dshv and an insore rod 8-17 lb. And fished the rat yellows and peanuts last year offshore on the avets. Retains color pretty well and lays very well on the spool. No digging in. I believe, can't prove, that it is the same as the slick 8 and just marketed by the manufacturer. 8 braid and seems to be good quality to me. I am getting more.

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
Dec 14, 2006
shelter cove
Name
dave
Boat
2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
since I don't spend thousands on long range trips and the biggest Pelagic fish we run into up here is forty pound albies or smaller. I use the cheap spectra from that website. I have had no failures of spectra that I can think of off hand. I have been using the "cheap stuff" for years. But then again I get spooled at least once a year out there, but I just don't have enough big rods and reels. I troll for albies with mxj's and tekotas so anything really big I don't have a chance. I do have two bigger set ups but the big ones never hit those , go figure.