PNW Drifter

Almost A Member
  • Feb 11, 2017
    West Seattle
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    Grady White Seafarer 228 - “Shortbus”
    I've seen some great fillet / bait table setups in the background of peoples photos around here.

Please post some pics of your setup! Hoping to get some ideas, for my own DIY setup.

I think I need to build the legs and buy a table. Not sure yet how to mount the legs to my splashwell.

The splash well...
    proline-top.jpg cheryl holding fish.JPG shrimp pots.JPG

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
  • Sep 25, 2008
    Westport/Renton
    Name
    Cap't Paul
    Boat
    V-20 Wellcraft w/200 G2
    Best pictures i have of mine handy. Built this table in 1993, so she has been servicing us for 26 yrs, before most had even thought of one, everyone had the cleaner stations hanging over the side, this was on my 33' sportfish, then moved to 19' reinell and finally on to the wellcraft, different mounting mods on each boat. It is hpde with aluminum framing and stainless .
    20180830_183308.jpg
    20180623_084831.jpg
    20180623_084607.jpg

Upvote 0

PNW Drifter

Almost A Member
  • Feb 11, 2017
    West Seattle
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    Grady White Seafarer 228 - “Shortbus”

Awesome setups guys!

The mounting part is the tricky part. What did type of fittings did you use here, in above photo? I want it to be removable but strong.

Miller Marine stuff looks perfect but can't afford it. So i'm hunting for some type of pipe socket for PVC or aluminum pipe. Heck maybe angle aluminum stock but pipe would look nicer.

Upvote 0

Sockeye71

If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!
    Jul 5, 2011
    Maple Valley
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"
    Hey - Here are some of pics... not the best shots of the table, but I'll try to remember take some pics....

Some of the do's & dont's....challenges or dislikes I've seen or had when I've used other tables.

1. Have the height match YOU. Specifically, do you want to fillet or work on gear bending over?

2. Hard mount the table. Many are on brackets that "rattle or vibrate".... annoying and flimsy.

3. At least 40" wide by 24" deep... (two people can work there)

4. Angle or slope the table slightly towards the stearn...

5. Drain holes...

6. Tool, knife holders....

7. Router the edges so not sharp....

Also, I had the same Proline and actually made my current table to exactly cover the engine well....while still being able to fully trim engine.

I never mounted it since the engine well walls were angled as such to prevent easy brackets... I was going to design the mounts to be integrated using the those two drink holders on each side of the well....

If you're at Neah anytime soon.... D23....

19554130_10213179566954947_2871067404747678427_n.jpg proline.jpg IMG_0977.JPG

Reactions: PNW Drifter
    Upvote 0

nickyn99

Apr 11, 2011
    XX
    Name
    XX
    Boat
    XX
    Upvote 0

thesaltyhooker

Almost A Member
    Oct 25, 2018
    Renton
    Name
    Anders
    Boat
    North River Seahawk
    This is an older thread, but I'm looking to build a fillet table this winter with a sink attached to the kicker for warm water. Anyone have something like that?
    seems as though itd be pretty easy...do a big fillet table with cutout and a recessed aluminum sink, with a lid that would cover the sink when not in use.
    similar to an RV or trailer set up to maximize space

Upvote 0

Hot_Pursuit

• Jun 21, 2013
    Seabeck
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    2022 Pursuit OS325
    Burnewiin 41” table mounted on my transom with 4 Seasucker suction mounts. Works friggin awesome!

4A4F8E6C-F116-4A9E-BBC3-D32E3155EF02.jpeg

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbersPNW
    BobberandWorms
    BobberandWorms
    Do you have a pic of how the mounts are hooked up to the table? And how well do the cups hold?
    I think the suction cup mount might be the way for me to put a table of the back of my boat without drilling.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Hot_Pursuit

• Jun 21, 2013
    Seabeck
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    2022 Pursuit OS325
    Burnewiin 41” table mounted on my transom with 4 Seasucker suction mounts. Works friggin awesome!

View attachment 1319729
    https://www.seasucker.com/ The Burnewiin table has predrilled holes on the bottom for installing the Burnewiin mounts that will fit into the Burnewiin sockets. I didn't want to mount the sockets into the transom due to water ingress and I dont like drilling holes in my brand new boat. I came up with using the Seasucker mounts and attaching them to the existing holes. Each mount is rated for about 150lbs of pull. They are solid.

Upvote 0