Post rain lobster

PENN

Jay1

Jul 1, 2015
Name
Julian
Boat
Boat hoe
So i have been trying to figure the lobster crawl out and been hearing after the rain is best to go. Anyone headed out today even in the wind ? Or is it not worth the wind

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Last season I made it a point to Hoop the big storms. I sat thru big rain and winds, over and over, but did not see any big kill days. maybe it was just me, maybe I was too early, or should have waited a day for the move. I was concerned about electricity zapping me, but there was plenty of taller structures around, and I stayed off the radio. I do think the rain will shake up the mix, perhaps some of the hot hands will post the victories soon. I think it is always "worth it!". I ain't getting any sitting here!

Upvote 0

Jay1

Jul 1, 2015
    Name
    Julian
    Boat
    Boat hoe
    I’m out there tonight🦞
    What’s the play big bay, mission, Oceanside ? I might hit Oceanside with less wind but the last time i went i didn’t even pull a short. I have only had success in the big bay but i run a 14 foot john boat so could be dicey with the wind.

Upvote 0

Reefmo

Almost A Member
    Nov 28, 2016
    North OC
    Name
    Matt Skogmo
    Boat
    Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
    I have always heard the same... braved the storm yesterday -- launched from Davies, got battered making across the channel to Nacho's for bait... greeted with a 'im closed, go away'... so much for 24/7 -- and i had no backup bait plan...

Upvote 0

Jay1

Jul 1, 2015
    Name
    Julian
    Boat
    Boat hoe
    My buddy backed out and i didn’t end up going solo hope whoever went got them!!

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    I didn’t make it out either going tomorrow

Upvote 0

Top or Bottom

May 1, 2020
    Long Beach
    Name
    David Juner
    Boat
    22' Striper WA
    You guys not worried about the 50,000 gallon sewage spill that closed 7 miles of Long beach beaches? I mean I am all for lobstering and fishing but if I missed something let me know haha.

• Haha
    Reactions: Zika
    Upvote 0

Hooops

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Nov 26, 2005
    Huntington Harbour
    Name
    Hoops
    Boat
    17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
    umm - everyone is aware of what local lobster eat - right...

Top or Bottom - you missed it by a mile - lobster crawl out when salinity reach a level they don't like so they march out from inner harbors.

Stay home - it's not good anyway - cough-cough

Reactions: RodRage
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    You guys not worried about the 50,000 gallon sewage spill that closed 7 miles of Long beach beaches? I mean I am all for lobstering and fishing but if I missed something let me know haha.

Dawn dish soap and a shot of penicillin should do it if yer scared haaaa. The inner harbor is free flowing and will flush itself NOW is the time to hunt bugs!

Last edited:
    Reactions: C-4 Fishing
    Upvote 0

Top or Bottom

May 1, 2020
    Long Beach
    Name
    David Juner
    Boat
    22' Striper WA
    umm - everyone is aware of what local lobster eat - right...

Top or Bottom - you missed it by a mile - lobster crawl out when salinity reach a level they don't like so they march out from inner harbors.

Stay home - it's not good anyway - cough-cough

LOL! I did say if I missed something let me know, didn't I? Rod Rage will vouch for me I am a newbie learning on the fly.

Upvote 0

Top or Bottom

May 1, 2020
    Long Beach
    Name
    David Juner
    Boat
    22' Striper WA
    Dawn dish soap and a shot of penicillin should do it if yer scared haaaa. The inner harbor is free flowing and will flush itself NOW is the time to hunt bugs!

Fuck yea! Was an honest question, I wasnt sure if it was still "safe" to catch and eat em lol. Text me tomorrow.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Fuck yea! Was an honest question, I wasnt sure if it was still "safe" to catch and eat em lol. Text me tomorrow.
    Ill hit you in the morning , Get Daniel to be on time n meet us out there I have an extra set up for you.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Taking long time neighbors Kenny who is a marine /Iraq veteran and Eric who is leaving for marine corps boot camp in a few months, Were gonna make the kid work for his bugs!

429A4912-8017-4993-91CA-4DB95398B792.jpeg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

robaire

Angler
    Jul 22, 2013
    Menifee, CA
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    n/a

What's new!
    It is a good time to hit the surf for flatties though.

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Here is Sandyego after it rains, the raw sewage from mexico pours directly into the ocean and migrates north. I believe hundreds of thousands of gallons yearly.IB is closed at least a third of the year from raw sewage pollution from mexico.

Upvote 0

Zika

Chum-Master
    Aug 17, 2006
    North County
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    21 Bayliner Trophy (Cheap-BassTurd)

gets them crawling!!

Reactions: Top or Bottom
    Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Here is Sandyego after it rains, the raw sewage from mexico pours directly into the ocean and migrates north. I believe hundreds of thousands of gallons yearly.IB is closed at least a third of the year from raw sewage pollution from mexico.

WHAT?? You don't like Mexican food? Lobsters are just going for some recycled Mexican food, gives them that spicy taste.

The rain/run off stirs up the bottom which gets more food stirred up so they are out to get in on it. Get out of the bay and hit some spots near the surf and you will get the same effect. Nothing wrong looking for an edge, everyone does, but sooner or later you will learn it isn't worth the added risk or putting up with the miserable conditions, find a good location and it will produce just as well in good conditions as miserable ones.

It's amazing how things like Lobster and Catfish can eat the most disgusting shit and still taste good... I probably taste great, I have eaten a lot of disgusting things that tasted good, then I quit drinking and going to dark bars

Reactions: C-4 Fishing
    Upvote 0