Post photos of your catches with the new PENN "Slow-Pitch Jigging" rods and reels

Eric Ancog

Almost A Member
  • Mar 3, 2018
    Lakewood
    Name
    Eric Ancog
    Boat
    Independence, Shogun, Red Rooster III
    Hurry and get it in your Arsenal brotha you won’t regret it. I picked the rod up and it’s been my go to set up for any type of fishing

Gonna pull the trigger real soon. Looks like a lot of fun. Should've tried it on our 8 day last June. What set up are you using for slow pitch jigging?? Hope to get out there next time with you and your dad soon!

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
    Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    Gonna pull the trigger real soon. Looks like a lot of fun. Should've tried it on our 8 day last June. What set up are you using for slow pitch jigging?? Hope to get out there next time with you and your dad soon!
    Yeah after seeing it on the 8 dayer it looked fun especially fighting 30-40lb YT on that rod. I’m using the penn battalion 350g or 40lb slow pitch rod with a penn torque 15ld2 I wanted the narrow version but for 350$ brand new I couldn’t pass it up. My dad just picked up the 450g rod so I want to try that for tuna here in the coming months. Yeah for sure, well head out soon judt not much going on right now, I went out yesterday and only had sand dab to play with no halibut or skulpion

Reactions: Eric Ancog
    Upvote 0

Eric Ancog

Almost A Member
  • Mar 3, 2018
    Lakewood
    Name
    Eric Ancog
    Boat
    Independence, Shogun, Red Rooster III
    Yeah after seeing it on the 8 dayer it looked fun especially fighting 30-40lb YT on that rod. I’m using the penn battalion 350g or 40lb slow pitch rod with a penn torque 15ld2 I wanted the narrow version but for 350$ brand new I couldn’t pass it up. My dad just picked up the 450g rod so I want to try that for tuna here in the coming months. Yeah for sure, well head out soon judt not much going on right now, I went out yesterday and only had sand dab to play with no halibut or skulpion

Wow thats a pretty sweet deal on a penn torque!! Hopefully when it gets a little warmer things will pick up.

Reactions: Tugboat64
    Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 4, 2005
    By the lake
    Name
    Tunanorth
    Boat
    Bass Tracker 16
    Who carries the rods right now? The Penn site says not in stock.

From what I hear, the selection is picked pretty clean.
    Apparently a lot of people bought them in mid-late December as Christmas presents to themselves. Everything was in very short supply around January 1.
    I can't promise anything, but as I understand it, we should start to see more of them arriving towards the end of this month, or early next month.

Reactions: solid72
    Upvote 0