Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Ranger 240 Bahia - "Lil' Mijo" & Triumph 1700 Skiff
Hey guys,

Brand new B-2 30, seemed fine before...had it loaded up with spectra, got it home, now low won't engage. What gives? Anyone had this happen to them? Easy fix maybe? Headed to Cabo to fish the banks on the 20th (in 10 days!!). Will Accurate be able to turn the fix around in that time frame!

When I push the button nothing happens except the handle seems to drop a notch, that's the best way to explain it. Maybe I'm just a moron and I'm doing something wrong...don't think so though. Had plenty of two-speeds and never had this happen, especially a brand new reel.

E

OFN

COB
Mar 18, 2007
Leona Valley
Name
Nat
Boat
Striper 2150, Indie
If it is brand new, I assume the same shop that sold it put the line on. My bet they will swap it out or fix it for you with no issue. If not run it over to accurate, I am sure they will do a quick turn repair for you.

fishhard1

Accurate Fishing Products
Advertiser
May 5, 2005
Corona, CA.
www.accuratefishing.com
Name
Matt Harper
Boat
none....yet.
Hey guys,

Brand new B-2 30, seemed fine before...had it loaded up with spectra, got it home, now low won't engage. What gives? Anyone had this happen to them? Easy fix maybe? Headed to Cabo to fish the banks on the 20th (in 10 days!!). Will Accurate be able to turn the fix around in that time frame!

When I push the button nothing happens except the handle seems to drop a notch, that's the best way to explain it. Maybe I'm just a moron and I'm doing something wrong...don't think so though. Had plenty of two-speeds and never had this happen, especially a brand new reel.

E
Get that thing in here and we'll make sure you have it for your trip. Not sure why it would work fine out of the box, but then start having issues once line is put on, but we'll get it fixed. Please send it to the attention of Aly with a note or just print this exchange. Make sure you have your trip date on there. Thanks.

laguna tuna

Sep 14, 2006
la
Name
Gary
Boat
float tube
Where do you live? I work at Accurate. I live in the Pasadena area. Would be more than happy to pick up your reel (if close or on the way to Accurate) and get it serviced and get it back to you for your trip.

Gary

whitefish

May 5, 2004
Bonita
Name
Shawn
Boat
17" Invader CC "Keepin' it Reel"
Gary.....you are awesome....let's see shimano top that one.....now that's service

errock_22

Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Get that thing in here and we'll make sure you have it for your trip. Not sure why it would work fine out of the box, but then start having issues once line is put on, but we'll get it fixed. Please send it to the attention of Aly with a note or just print this exchange. Make sure you have your trip date on there. Thanks.
Thanks Matt, will do. I'm gonna package it up and send it via UPS. This is the only problem with my Accu's that I've had. The rest of my reels have been bullet proof, I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Reel on the way.....

errock_22

Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Where do you live? I work at Accurate. I live in the Pasadena area. Would be more than happy to pick up your reel (if close or on the way to Accurate) and get it serviced and get it back to you for your trip.

Gary
Very cool of you to offer the pick up Gary!! I'm a little out of the way (Ventura) to make this work, so I'm just sending it in. Stuff like this is what makes you guys tops in my book!!

rookie angler

Jun 2, 2009
I.E.
Name
Jon
Boat
I am very tempted to go out and buy another accurate right now.

BTW, I've had Aly help me out in the past and she has always been great.

errock_22

Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Great Eric. We'll keep an eye out for it and turn it right around as soon as it arrives.

Alright Guys,

Sounds like it made it to the shop, I'll keep my fingers crossed it something simple....:daman:

fishhard1

Advertiser
May 5, 2005
Corona, CA.
www.accuratefishing.com
Name
Matt Harper
Boat
none....yet.
Alright everyone, the reel came in yesterday. We are shipping it back today. The problem was........drumroll.............a little piece of something, black rubber or plastic, was sitting under the shift button head in the notch that locks the button in place. It was preventing the button from completely engaging with the side shifting button. Maybe something from the line winder. Who knows.

Nice and easy and going back to you today Eric. Love it when it's something quick and easy.

Tight lines all.

Matt

fishhard1

Advertiser
May 5, 2005
Corona, CA.
www.accuratefishing.com
Name
Matt Harper
Boat
none....yet.
By the way, if you have a reel that has seen some some action and is having shifting problems; try flushing the shifting area with some Reel-X. Sometimes salt, sand, whatever gets down in there and causes a similar problem to this. The Reel-X should flush it out. Our tolerances are closer than most I think, but probably works on any 2-speed.

errock_22

Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Alright everyone, the reel came in yesterday. We are shipping it back today. The problem was........drumroll.............a little piece of something, black rubber or plastic, was sitting under the shift button head in the notch that locks the button in place. It was preventing the button from completely engaging with the side shifting button. Maybe something from the line winder. Who knows.

Nice and easy and going back to you today Eric. Love it when it's something quick and easy.

Tight lines all.

Matt
Whew!! Right on Matt!!

I know exactly what that little black plastic piece was... it's from the spectra spool. The guys at the tackle shop use heavy gloves to tension the spectra spool, as it starts to heat up the spool starts to melt and "little black pieces of plastic" start flying everywhere. That crap was all over the line winder.

I'm just glad it wasn't something mechanical!!

Thanks guys!