sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
Murrieta
www.ironcladsportfishing.com
Name
Frank
Boat
IRONCLAD
I was hoping somebody might be able to recognize the guy in the still picture and the video attached to the link I think the video link might expire in 24 hours I could repost later if it does. Anyway I don’t know who he is but he’s on my boat, and nobody from my marina recognizes him. If anybody happens to recognize him please let me know. It appears he sees the camera and decides to get back off the boat

EB68BD6F-E84B-4BFB-8DC5-4D4750940A29.png

• Angry
Reactions: eddie8157
Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Probably best to give more details. FWIW, thieves are getting bolder by the day. Everyone should be tightening up all means of security these days.

Upvote 0

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
FWIW, thieves are getting bolder by the day. Everyone should be tightening up all means of security these days.

... and we ain't seen nothin' yet!! wait 'till Covid hits hard in Jan/Feb (from Xmas & New Yrs Partying), more people losing their jobs, and chaos driving everyone to go Apeshit!!

you can already see it happening with RV's exploding, shootings, robberies, etc!

OS.PNG

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    "The sky is falling....the sky is falling"...

Settle down brother. .. no need to hire Special Ops to guard your boat. Your security cam is doing its job. Be vigilant... no need for a Level 4 breakdown.

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt
    Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD
    Probably best to give more details. FWIW, thieves are getting bolder by the day. Everyone should be tightening up all means of security these days.
    What more details would you like??? If I had them I would. I kind of know a thing or two about providing details and I just simply don’t have them. I have a video OK on my boat for about 30 seconds I don’t recognize them. And I was hoping somebody from this forum might recognize him. Maybe was an honest mistake maybe he was a service guy go to service somebody’s boat he walked on the wrong boat I don’t know. I’m not jumping to conclusions but I would like to know who he is And while he was on my boat. The last time somebody stepped on my boat it was actually a service guy and he just simply went to the wrong slip as soon as he got on the boat he realized it. What he was carrying I have no idea. What you see is what I got

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    maybe go to the marina office, they have cameras .... just maybe they got something more,,

Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD
    maybe go to the marina office, they have cameras .... just maybe they got something more,,
    Great idea. Just FYI, already did that, t was one of the first things, as well as provided info to security, and passed the word to my dock neighbors. PD will be today, in the event a beat cop can ID the guy from past contacts. So far seems he did not check in with marina, nobody on staff or dock neighbors recognized the guy. So probably a prowler looking to steal shit. Maybe a beat cop knows who he is. Maybe he on probation or parole, maybe he is a frequent flyer.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Great idea. Just FYI, already did that as well as provided info to security, and passed the word to my dock neighbors. PD will be today, in the event a beat cop can ID the guy from past contacts. So far seems he did not check in with marina, nobody on staff or dock neighbors recognized the guy. So probably a prowler looking to steal shit. Maybe a beat cop knows who he is. Maybe he on probation or parole, maybe.

Yes that's great you did all that , I am in the same marina as you , just on a different dock..
    thanks for being dotting your I's and crossing your T's.

Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD
    Is that all the video your system captured? Some can be configured to save xx seconds before and after a trigger. Also, you might want to upgrade to a higher resolution camera, although yours is way better than many.
    I have 30 sec of video, at 1080. I think that’s about the best I can do

Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD
    Is that all the video your system captured? Some can be configured to save xx seconds before and after a trigger. Also, you might want to upgrade to a higher resolution camera, although yours is way better than many.

Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD
    "The sky is falling....the sky is falling"...

Settle down brother. .. no need to hire Special Ops to guard your boat. Your security cam is doing its job. Be vigilant... no need for a Level 4 breakdown.

Settle down? Just asking if anyone can ID this dude. Don’t know how asking a forum if anyone can ID a dude on my boat makes me sound like a need to settle down. Like I said he could have been service guy who went to the wrong slip. But likely not. Camera did its job and nobody recognized him from Marina staff, or dock neighbors. I’m sure you would want the same
    But on a side note, i do have SWAT, CTU, HNT,Force recon, ABLE1, homeland security, homeless outreach team and much more on speed dial and ready to deploy at a moments notice. I will also be in my fully suit in a hide with my Remington 700.

Reactions: bman440440
    Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Thank God for that! All those Highly skilled Professionals at your beck and call.... gilly suit and that 700.... all there.... guarding your boat. Gees.... even Frank doesn't have that kind of "juice" for the RP. WOW.

I get it.... you feel your space was "violated".... although he took nothing and damaged nothing. Maybe even a actual mistake...like you said. Who knows....right? Good luck in your quest. I don't like thieves either.

Last edited:
    Reactions: sempergrunt
    Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
    Dana Point
    Name
    Paul L.
    Boat
    33’ Blackfin
    Hundreds of criminals have been released from prison due to Covid. Even more with the increasingly lenient laws here in California. Even if the thief is caught, he is let back out on the street in a matter of hours. Good on the OP for posting the guy's photo and asking questions.

It is quite possible it was an honest mistake....

I am interested in your camera set up. How does it work and what did it cost?

Reactions: mrkrabs
    Upvote 0

styxchaser

REALLY OLD GUY
    Jun 1, 2005
    OJAI, CA
    Name
    STYX
    Boat
    HAPPILY NONE
    My vision is somewhat impaired, but remember this guy?

Maybe somebody with better vision and computer could compare.

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 27, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    What more details would you like??? If I had them I would. I kind of know a thing or two about providing details and I just simply don’t have them. I have a video OK on my boat for about 30 seconds I don’t recognize them. And I was hoping somebody from this forum might recognize him. Maybe was an honest mistake maybe he was a service guy go to service somebody’s boat he walked on the wrong boat I don’t know. I’m not jumping to conclusions but I would like to know who he is And while he was on my boat. The last time somebody stepped on my boat it was actually a service guy and he just simply went to the wrong slip as soon as he got on the boat he realized it. What he was carrying I have no idea. What you see is what I got
    Just figured if you let people know at least which Marina, that would be a start. But date, time of day, etc could also be helpful. Just small things like that could jog someone’s memory and maybe help. Either way I hope it gets sorted out and is just a harmless thing like you said.

Reactions: jiggermyster
    Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD

Probably ain’t Gonna happen. This is either no crime or a misdemeanor 602PC. Just FYI, I appreciate everyone’s suggestions. Not trying to make this a huge deal. It could be an honest mistake or a prowler looking to take some gear.

Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD
    Just figured if you let people know at least which Marina, that would be a start. But date, time of day, etc could also be helpful. Just small things like that could jog someone’s memory and maybe help. Either way I hope it gets sorted out and is just a harmless thing like you said.
    Seaworld marina around 1500 hrs on amsat tbt 26th.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller
    Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
    Murrieta
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    IRONCLAD

Thank God for that! All those Highly skilled Professionals at your beck and call.... gilly suit and that 700.... all there.... guarding your boat. Gees.... even Frank doesn't have that kind of "juice" for the RP. WOW.

I get it.... you feel your space was "violated".... although he took nothing and damaged nothing. Maybe even a actual mistake...like you said. Who knows....right? Good luck in your quest. I don't like thieves either.
    hate thieves, scandales. Recently retired police a s hate how CA has become soft on crime

Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
    Dana Point
    Name
    Paul L.
    Boat
    33’ Blackfin
    I too hate to see what has happened regarding decreasing jail time for criminals. Keep voting democratic. That has been horrible for California. I have never been particularly political, however, I signed the recall petition for Newsome and even donated $250 to the cause.

Upvote 0