AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
So, I have a WTB thread about Cousins sj90f. Within the past 4 days I've had 2 people PM me about having one to sell. Both these people had 0 posts, 0 messages, 0 trophy points etc...and had just registered...absolutely zero activity except for pm'ing me. One guy gave me the email addy of his friend who had one. I emailed with specific questions like location, condition, price additional pics a few times. He responded with one sentence and no specifics. "I am in California, give me your address and let me know if we have a deal." I emailed back and said I smell a scam and get lost...

Not sure if it's only me but be careful guys. They are here.

Upvote 0

bajabills

Calm Seas and foamers, its fun time...
Apr 30, 2012
Ca
Name
Bill
Boat
blackman fishmachine
I got a message also to the email. ... no reply.
Same as jz above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2008
Oceanside, Ca.
Name
Ben
Boat
Any overnighter cattleboat!
Reminds me of current scam on Craig’s List. As soon as you list something to sell you get immediate text saying they are interested in what you listed. They say there are a lot of scammers and they want to verify it’s you and ask for a number they can send a verification code too and for you to verify it. They send you a google verification code (that says don’t give to anyone) but you do because you don’t know it’s a trick. By doing so they set up a google phone number they can use for scams.

Upvote 0

MrFish49

May 28, 2019
Duluth
Name
Eugene Lee
Boat
none
Ok yeah got a message from them as well for a Torium. Saying can't ship unless payed with PayPal as a gift because they dont got the cash.

Upvote 0

FishScales

Feb 28, 2019
Saint Petersburg, FL
Name
Julio
Boat
Chris Craft Catalina
I've been looking for LH reels and have been tempted to write a WTB post. Stuff like this keeps me from doing so. Thanks for letting us know. It probably happens very often.

Upvote 0

1toughfish

Mar 11, 2013
San Francisco/Los Angeles
Name
Young
Boat
none
I used to live in torrance but now live up in San Francisco. I try to buy gear on here since there's no used gear market like BD. Just wanted to post in here for future reference lol. I bought a sx raptor from shooter21 with no issues!

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0