Possible help need to raise motor 1 hole???

AWilliams

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
Hey guys,
I might to be getting back into bass fishing after a 3 year hiatus. I put on a new prop a few years ago and really think I might need to raise the motor 1 hole for best performance. Anyone here experienced in this that might be able to do this correctly on the side for a reasonable price without damaging my baby...lol? And proper sealing of bolts etc... Not looking for someone who watched a youtube video once..Prior knowledge of this is mandatory. I'm going to take it to test again hopefully soon to determine for sure. Thanks...Text ok. 760-535-7013. Located in Ramona.

Boat is a 2000 Skeeter sx166...17'
Motor is 1999 Yamaha 80 4 stroke.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Easy to do yourself just by using the tongue of the trailer.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
One person can do it by removing the top bolts and loosen the bottom bolts only, the bottom mounting point is slotted.😉

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
Brookings, Southern Oregon
Name
Chris Berlin
Boat
21 Arima ex Whalers Pursuit Mako Aquasport Seacraft Grady North Rivers
One person can do it by removing the top bolts and loosen the bottom bolts only, the bottom mounting point is slotted.😉

Correct. Specifically: Lower the tongue some and then put a wood block directly under the skeg with motor trimmed all the way in. Once the top bolts are removed, and the slotted ones loosened slightly, then you crank up the tongue and the skeg will squash into the wood and then the motor will be pushed upwards as you continue jacking up the tongue. If you go too far you can lower the tongue and the engine will go down. Line up one top bolt hole and get the bolt in. Then line up the other side with a little further adjustment. One man operation.

Reactions: stairman

Reel Kahuna

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 24, 2011
Lake Camanche, CA
Name
Seon
Boat
23.5' Navigator Duckworth F150 Yamaha
I agree with both having only one person but to be safe and easier, two is better.

BTW I've removed and re-powered with a new 150hp Yamaha by myself but my J.Deere front loader held it up while I positioned it then bolted it down :p:.

Reactions: Fishbones

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
It's a one man job with a cherry picker. I have done it a few times. I have also done it with just the jack and maybe a bit of help from the power trim. This is all easy, but if you are planing to seal the power trim to the transom, you need to get in there. For that you need a cherry picker to hold the engine and allow you to place the sealant on the bracket. You are going to need to a few inches of clearance to get in there.