Positive boat transport experience

fazworks

Jun 27, 2020
Orange County
Name
James Fazio
Boat
Glacier Bay Canyon Runner 260
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot so feel free to move or delete/yell at me/ or just insult me. I'm more of a reader than a poster.

I just had a 26' boat moved from Maryland to Orange county. Found the company DMAC Marine Transport here on BD via other's posts. Thank you for those who shared. It was a very positive experience. Great communication. He is also a retired Marine.

This is a thank you for those who posted and recommended Drew and an endorsement of his quality services.

Thanks all. I'll go back to reading and learning because I still suck at fishing.

fazworks

Jun 27, 2020
Orange County
Name
James Fazio
Boat
$1.50/mile ??
It was actually less because he had a return transport job so he was making money both ways. I had some cheaper options but went with DMACS because he verified his insurance for me, he was great about communication, and I couldn’t find a bad review. The process was smooth from beginning to end. I think if you are patient on timing, that helps. I thinks she averaged about 850miles per day.

lougio

Capt Lou
  • Jul 19, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    This is definitely the way to go. Guys taking off work to fly back east and rent a truck that doesn't allow you to tow anything and spend all the fuel money is just nuts when you can pay a professional the same costs to do it for you. Never understood it.

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 12, 2006
    Glendora Ca
    Name
    Leon
    Boat
    28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
    This is definitely the way to go. Guys taking off work to fly back east and rent a truck that doesn't allow you to tow anything and spend all the fuel money is just nuts when you can pay a professional the same costs to do it for you. Never understood it.
    maybe this will help you understand, I did it, Los Angeles to Cape Coral FL, stopped in Terrell TX two days hang out with a fishing buddy I had not seen in a couple years.
    On to New Orleans, two days good food and friends, pick up boat, stop in New Orleans on my way back, some of the same going the other direction, Terrell Tx, more of the same.
    Memories as not faded one bit, great time, would do it again.
    PS: 2002.

Reactions: dcdude and Plus One

mike mitchell

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 25, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Mitchell
    Boat
    20 Bertram
    I'm not sure if this is in the right spot so feel free to move or delete/yell at me/ or just insult me. I'm more of a reader than a poster.

I just had a 26' boat moved from Maryland to Orange county. Found the company DMAC Marine Transport here on BD via other's posts. Thank you for those who shared. It was a very positive experience. Great communication. He is also a retired Marine.

This is a thank you for those who posted and recommended Drew and an endorsement of his quality services.

Thanks all. I'll go back to reading and learning because I still suck at fishing.
    How did he transport it? Did he drag your trailer? Your trailer on his trailer? Bareback? Asking because I will be moving my boat soon.

fazworks

Jun 27, 2020
    Orange County
    Name
    James Fazio
    Boat
    He pulled my trailer. I did spend some time making sure the trailer was up to the trip. New tires, Repacked bearings, etc.

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat
    As is stated when referring Drew, he is a first class operator and has pulled many boats for my friends and fellow boat owners.

Upvote 0