Poseidon; when an epic trip turns out "not so epic"

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by 86 Winchester, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    A Big I'm Sorry would be Nice.

zd583, yellowfish26 and PVfishwife like this.
  2. jughead

jughead Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    24 Seaswirl striper
    I understand one or two deadheads to bring up a fish count and help clean the boat...... But when there are more than that, they hog the corners at the stern, never hand off a hooked fish to the unskilled or skunked angler and act like a linebacker on the rail......... That is B.S.!!!!!!!

Tunahead likes this.
  3. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    Why should he have to talk to the skipper? A good operation is on top of that shit from begining to end. Those guys should have been loaded first and catered too instead of being treated like that. The good boats are booked full in advance for a reason, here's a relatively new operation that's should be trying to build a reputation and a following, won't last long at this rate.
    I feel for the OP not just for the $ but the time and effort, that just ain't right

dh515, Tunahead and popx5 like this.
  4. PVfishwife

PVfishwife Member

Name:
    Nicole Denette
    Boat:
    Constitution & Poseidon
    That captain is my son Hunter! Watch your mouth! I don't know you and that's fine, but before you start chiming in on something you know nothing about, you should check your facts. There were no dead heads on the boat. I personally just spoke to Jess, the guy that started this thread and clarified a lot of things he posted about. He was clearly misinformed and assumed a lot of things. Assuming without fact checking will always get you in trouble. I would never have known about this because I don't like Bloodydecks for this exact reason. So much drama and gossip not a lot of facts just opinions. This is my boat as is the Constitution and my business and if any of you on here have a problem with my operation, call me. I can be reached at 866-903-7742. We take pride in what we do, what we offer and customer service is number one. We wouldn't be around this many years if we had a shady operation. There are plenty of other boats and other trips to go on and sign up for but I can say with honesty and confidence that we run a top notch operation. If I may give some advice to all of you, before you say or post something about someone's business, give the owners a call or even better, bring it to the captain's attention immediately. If we don't know something is wrong, we can't fix it. Have a great day everyone.

peshooter, solid72, Rmpsocal and 13 others like this.
  5. dcarlisle

dcarlisle Captain

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    33' custom
    So I guess to clear the air, besides there being no dead heads, what else wasn’t true so we can all make informed decisions?

gnehekul likes this.
  6. Let em eat 74

Let em eat 74 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Whichever1is leaving
    Jerr, I get that you are loyal to the operation (I used to be as well), but blind loyalty is not always a good thing. I’d be fairly sure the OP knew what he saw while onboard since he has many years of life experience. My opinion of course, take it how you will.

7. TravisAZ

TravisAZ Member

Name:
    Travis
    Boat:
    Favorite Mistake
    Just to be clear, who got to board the boat ahead of time while OP was told they had to wait?

Who were the deck hands handing baits to out of the tank while the OP was told not to bait his hook yet?

dh515, pukahd, MightyMach and 3 others like this.
  8. PVfishwife

PVfishwife Member

Name:
    Nicole Denette
    Boat:
    Constitution & Poseidon

9. PVfishwife

PVfishwife Member

Name:
    Nicole Denette
    Boat:
    Constitution & Poseidon
    You must not fish much if you think the captain knows every little thing that happens on the boat. It’s impossible. We want to be informed if there is a problem on the boat. Some guys are afraid/hesitant to speak up. I can speak for my husband Keith on the Constitution and my son Hunter on this boat, the Poseidon, they want to know and make the situation right. Hunter has been working on boats with his Dad since he was little guy and he has been trained very well. You must have not been on one of our boats or ever met my son or husband so don’t assume that you know how our operation runs or what their capabilities are as a captains. There are plenty of other boats for you to go fishing on.

wils and jer dog like this.
  10. DennisV

DennisV Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dennis Vagt
    Boat:
    Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
    I am a Captain. Masters Ticket with Towing and Aux Sail endorsements. Since 1992.

You should probably stop posting until you cool off a bit.

Koyote, JTH, dh515 and 12 others like this.
  11. PVfishwife

PVfishwife Member

Name:
    Nicole Denette
    Boat:
    Constitution & Poseidon
    That’s great! Oh I’m as cool as a cucumber thanks for your concern.

jer dog likes this.
  12. gnehekul

gnehekul I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Fishead
    Boat:
    cash carrying ho
    Wow that response sure doesn't make one feel like service is key. Guess some of us will take the advice there are other boats

JTH, dh515, theclayishone and 13 others like this.
  13. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    He may not know at the time but ultimately is responsible for...

14. rancanfish

rancanfish wow, how deep is it here?

Name:
    Harold Head
    Boat:
    BW Menemsha
    Nicole, I'm just a little old guy that has never long ranged. I have had my own struggles running a business as a sole proprietor for 30+ years. I haven't paid for advertising in 20 + of those years as I stay busy with word of mouth referrals.

If I may, I don't think that I could just tell people to 'go somewhere else' and keep busy for long. Here in my world everyone uses an app called 'Next door' in each neighborhood. I hear lots of nice things said about my biz, thru my customers.

I truly hope this works out for all. After all fishing is for fun right? The OP deserved to have fun and the crew should have been observant enough to see them getting into the action. Am I going on your boats as my first ever trip?

mackereljoe, pukahd, Bubba and 5 others like this.
  15. Relacson

Relacson @relacson22

Name:
    Marc
    Boat:
    yours
    Still waiting on the answer to these questions.

theclayishone, Haly0, pukahd and 4 others like this.
  16. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Something just doesn't quite add up in this thread.

Call me a sucker, but I'm still feeling bad for the Op. :(

Lastly, some people might not exactly be cut out for customer service reps..... if ya catch my drift ;)

The unknown fisherman:p:

17. RFender

RFender Newbie

Name:
    Rob Fender
    Boat:
    Excel

18. skrilla

skrilla allirks

Name:
    Len
    Boat:
    plastic fantastic
    Damn it's too hot for popcorn and I'm all out of rum.

19. PVfishwife

PVfishwife Member

Name:
    Nicole Denette
    Boat:
    Constitution & Poseidon
    Hello. I talked to Jess, the customer who came out on the boat and started this thread/post and explained to him that I felt bad that he didn't have the trip he was expecting. I do not come on BD at all and the only reason I even knew there was a problem was because a customer forwarded this to me. This was the first I heard of this situation, which is why I called Jess and wanted to have a conversation with him about this. Had he come to Capt. Hunter, the crew or called me after the trip, this would have been taken care of.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  20. RFender

RFender Newbie

Name:
    Rob Fender
    Boat:
    Excel
    Have reservations, on Poseidon, for 2.5 day on tenth of August. Brother, his son and my two sons all going on same trip. Had a similar experience on a boat out of H&M last year with brother and his son. I tefused to tip, and they made a big point out of "me not welcome on their boat again"... So! Wouldn't go on that boat with that arrogant skip again anyway. Paying public vote with their dollars, and sometimes the ballots don't get cast for bad performance. There are plenty of boats out of SD that can take us out fishing. Just need to find the right one and vote early with your $$$'s. Plan ahead, read these posts, keep a close eye on the crew for helping when help is needed, and finally, report your findings on BD. The strong (NICE) will survive. The rest will collect barnacles on their bottoms with no patrons. Thanks for the report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.