Port Townsend - advice??

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Pete1313, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Pete1313

Pete1313 Newbie

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    "Tiburon" Osprey Pilothouse 30'
    So I promised a buddy I'd take his gramps out fishing.:hali_olutta: He's up in the Pac NW through labor day and he can only come up to B'ham on Labor Day weekend, which is booked for me.

So it looks like the only chance I'll have is to go down to him on the last weekend in August- he's in the Ft. Flagler area in his motorhome.

I presume Pt. Townsend is the closest/best place to launch from Ft. Flagler.....and Possession is probably a good nearby spot to fish?

Anyhow - any advice on: (1) where a good place to launch my boat is; and (2) some ideas on fishing spots would be great. I've been following threads on MA9 here, but still not familiar with the area and haven't ever fished down there....

Thanks!:finger:

2. siwash

siwash Peninsula Sportsman

Name:
    Capt. Dave
    Boat:
    22' LeeShore Swiftsure CC "Siwash"
    ~ Fort Flagler has two boat ramps -- the one on the N side isn't used much and rough at best -- the West launch inside Kilisut Harbor is do-able with smaller boats but watch the low tides. Best bet is to drive around to Port Townsend and launch at the Boat Haven -- that ramp has full facilities and usable at all tides. From there it is a short run out to Midchannel Bank or Point Wilson-- both excellent places to search for salmon. Good luck !

3. fishnazzi

fishnazzi Mostly just LURKING anymore...........

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    Skunk Bay, Foul weather Bluff, Point no Point(mooching) are some others a guy might wanna take a look at..........

4. Pete1313

Pete1313 Newbie

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    "Tiburon" Osprey Pilothouse 30'
    Thanks guys! I'll report how it goes, assuming the plan comes together.

5. fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    really watch the ramps out there not only with tide heights but flow. ive told others that if it was my boat and wasnt alum. it would never risk being launched there. that being said ive seen some serious boat damage done there. good luck