BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
  • Aug 10, 2008
    Kitsap WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    Boulton
    I made sure to secure our fishing licences earlier than normal to make sure we had them incase the state decided to close fishing. Have boat, would still follow normal laws, but I dont need no stinking public launch and plan to be out social distancing while fishing.

Upvote 0

Sky-Guy

He who has the most fun wins
    Jan 15, 2009
    Everett/Mukilteo, Wa
    Name
    Ryley
    Boat
    Cutwater 302
    This post is an incorrect interpretation of what the port said. The boat launch is open to launch your boat and go fish. They are discouraging any gathering in accordance with the govenors demand, but it didn not explicity state that recreational boats cannot launch. They didnt explicitly state they could launch either.

I emailed their public affairs person Cat and got the reponse that it is open and stated "We realize boating activities may fall into this “get outside” category. Our intention of closing half of the launch is to ensure we are still supporting essential commercial and maritime services, remaining open for folks pursuing essential activities, such as fishing to put food on their table, or those simply needing to “get outside” as folks may deem appropriate under the order. Our hope with limiting lanes is to simply discourage social gatherings. If that becomes an issue, we will have to re-evaluate our decision. "

I replied and indicated :
    "Im curious why recreational fishing wasnt mentioned when thats the primary use of the launch? "

She stated:

"We are just encouraging folks to be conscious of the stay home orders in place, and offering a balanced approach that still allows for it at the discretion of boaters, but doesn’t overly promote it during this short two week period. "

They are walking a fine line, so to speak, keeping it open.

Bottom line, go use the launch, but dont be a Covidiot and ruin the opportunity for everyone by failing to follow the govenors guidelines.

Upvote 0

eldplanko

got the skunk off
    Jun 18, 2012
    Ballard
    Name
    My other boat is a piece of...
    Boat
    Floater
    Fish checker was out at Shilshole ramp yesterday... haven’t checked today yet... I’m flying my yellow quarantine flag, it exists for a reason, might as well use it. I’m assuming on the water common sense will prevail and anyone that knows what their doing (WDFW or coasties) will leave me alone. It’s family only, no friends on the boat.

Upvote 0

Fish_on!

• Feb 17, 2015
    Oly
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    18' Super Vee
    This post is an incorrect interpretation of what the port said. The boat launch is open to launch your boat and go fish. They are discouraging any gathering in accordance with the govenors demand, but it didn not explicity state that recreational boats cannot launch. They didnt explicitly state they could launch either.

I emailed their public affairs person Cat and got the reponse that it is open and stated "We realize boating activities may fall into this “get outside” category. Our intention of closing half of the launch is to ensure we are still supporting essential commercial and maritime services, remaining open for folks pursuing essential activities, such as fishing to put food on their table, or those simply needing to “get outside” as folks may deem appropriate under the order. Our hope with limiting lanes is to simply discourage social gatherings. If that becomes an issue, we will have to re-evaluate our decision. "

I replied and indicated :
    "Im curious why recreational fishing wasnt mentioned when thats the primary use of the launch? "

She stated:

"We are just encouraging folks to be conscious of the stay home orders in place, and offering a balanced approach that still allows for it at the discretion of boaters, but doesn’t overly promote it during this short two week period. "

They are walking a fine line, so to speak, keeping it open.

Bottom line, go use the launch, but dont be a Covidiot and ruin the opportunity for everyone by failing to follow the govenors guidelines.

This is what makes no sense if we are supposed to social distance. Why make people converge on fewer available launches. It will all be shut down when 100 boats are trying to get into the one open launch in the area after some jackass sends a pick to King5. Look at all these asshole sport fisherman.... I can see it now.

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    If you’re looking for common sense policy making right now, you’re not going to find it. The public outcry was for government to “do anything it can” and that’s what they’re going to do.

I talked to my parents today and they are convinced that there’s no way my mom would survive this (60). I mentioned that was an odd perception given the 99% survival rate of the minority of the infected who are sick enough to get tested but this is the perception right now of a lot of people.

Upvote 0

JTC

Too Sirius
  • Aug 13, 2012
    Redmond Wa
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
    If you’re looking for common sense policy making right now, you’re not going to find it. The public outcry was for government to “do anything it can” and that’s what they’re going to do.

I talked to my parents today and they are convinced that there’s no way my mom would survive this (60). I mentioned that was an odd perception given the 99% survival rate of the minority of the infected who are sick enough to get tested but this is the perception right now of a lot of people.
    People 60-69 represent 12% of the deaths per Washington states website info

BD2726C9-3E60-40B0-8912-8DBF082D1DAC.png

Upvote 0

BBQ BOB

Jun 12, 2009
    STANWOOD WA.
    Name
    BBQ BOB
    Boat
    BLUE BYU 21' SEAHAWK
    I have no prob. With the price of fuel so low flying has been great . No one at the air port. We had a great week of sun flew every day i stay 1000 feet away from every one. 🤪 i saw boats going down I 5 last week

Attachments

• C1689A10-BE53-43F5-966B-A04CF99797F5.jpeg
      C1689A10-BE53-43F5-966B-A04CF99797F5.jpeg
      612.5 KB · Views: 28
    • AFD3C549-40D8-416A-9D4A-4A7284504B26.jpeg
      AFD3C549-40D8-416A-9D4A-4A7284504B26.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 29
    Upvote 0