The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
*PERSONAL RANT: ON* I don't understand how going-out solo, or with the immediate family members with-whom you share a home, could possibly be a problem. (Assuming you don't have to make any fuel and/or food stops.) I keep my boat in a "ready" state at all times. I wouldn't need, to be within 6 YARDS of anyone (let-alone 6-feet) if I went for a boat ride or maybe wet a line. Cabin Fever is REAL, and we're going to need an outlet. Getting out on the water would be a good option for some people. We don't do the "Sandbar" thing around here like they do in Florida. We like to cruise, see the sights, and wave to fellow boaters from a respectable distance, so I fail to see a problem. Some folks want to go for a run, some want to go run the boat! *RANT: OFF*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
If I can drive to the grocery store for food, I can drive to the gas station. Even the gas station trip can be done without involving anyone else (truck and boat). Fucking stupid.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    But it’s ok to go get food from a restaurant that hundreds of people went in and out of to take potentially contaminated food packages home with you.... Pay with you debit/credit card, push the door open and go back out of it..... but you can’t go to a park, use a boat launch..... makes total sense!

don’t get me wrong.... I think supporting those restaurants is great, but the weird selective reasoning lacks sense...

Upvote 0

sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    A lot of people are not thinking just reacting. Public bus service is still operational, Costco is a zoo, I can go for a walk or bike ride and pass within 6 feet of my neighbors. We decided last night to start buying takeout regularly to try and help the local businesses stay afloat so will be consuming the food others have prepared and interacting with a cashier. All of these things are sanctioned by our government but I can't launch a boat where I would not interact with anyone outside my family.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
    Sep 7, 2011
    Kent, WA USA
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Whichever I am invited onto
    Everybody making any decision on this is throwing out ideas and hoping for the best. There’s no playbook for this shit. There’s no right way to manage this. There’s only moves that hopefully don’t kill millions of people and the rest just… sort of happens…

Upvote 0

Fish_on!

• Feb 17, 2015
    Oly
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    18' Super Vee
    Taking the boat out to a non pay site launch is literally the lowest impact activity I could have. Zero interaction with others. Zero. Boat is gassed, ready to go. Zero!

Reactions: Team Sency
    Upvote 0

Hunter Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 30, 2011
    Stauffer
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    MUGWUMP
    The bathroom facility is the sticky wicket. If they can't keep it clean then the facility is closed. I guess theft of public restroom TP has been an issue of late as well.

Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
    Jul 6, 2012
    North of seattle
    Name
    Blackmouther
    Boat
    9' bullfrog "mr big"
    Its gay as aids, gay as a back of dicks, seems unreasonable. Use the time wisely. As stated above 2000 died in 3 days in italy. We will see that here too. You all are smart guys, give it 5 days and watch the numbers. Italy grew from 20-724 in a week. Keep your families safe. No dinker blackmouth is worth it

Upvote 0

The Peddler

May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    Like I said, it’s a bit of a rant from me. I’ll likely abide by the order... Stay healthy friends!

Upvote 0

ledbed6b

Jun 21, 2010
    Shoreline WA
    Name
    Eli
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    My point is not that shutting down the launches is inherently wrong, it's that we're allowing all kinds of interaction that's similar. The dog park near my house was packed, people chatting, long lines at Fred Meyer with people packed close, the fast food drive through bustling. Believe me I'm taking this shit seriously, but we have to be rational.

Upvote 0

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
    Jan 6, 2012
    Black Diamond
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    JuiceBox2
    Its gay as aids, gay as a back of dicks, seems unreasonable. Use the time wisely. As stated above 2000 died in 3 days in italy. We will see that here too. You all are smart guys, give it 5 days and watch the numbers. Italy grew from 20-724 in a week. Keep your families safe. No dinker blackmouth is worth it

Goodness T! Tell me how going fishing is going to endanger society annnnnnnywhere close to a Safeway visit or getting take out food prepared by who the fuck knows who????

Gas station....popsicle stick to push buttons....if you don’t have bait you’re stuck to spoons...or jiggawhats?!!!

Just because you retired from fishing doesn’t mean need to poo poo on us bummed not to go.

I will be fishing tomorrow.....

.... on foot from mi casa with my boys to trout/bass hunt.

Stay safe all... and stay thirsty my friends!!

Upvote 0

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    The buses that are still running are probably the easiest transmission between total strangers then grocery stores, then take out restaurants. I am sure everyone on here is still getting gas in their cars when they goto Costco to get another pack of toilet paper.

Upvote 0

The Peddler

May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    I am sure everyone on here is still getting gas in their cars when they goto Costco to get another pack of toilet paper.

Maybe I’ll go to Oregon to fill up. Finally a practical application for their mandatory filling attendants.

Reactions: sgwill122
    Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
    Aug 10, 2008
    Lacey WA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
    I ventured out of my cave today. Had to take a family member to the airport and I made a couple pit stops on my way home. Here are some of my observations.
    Hit McDonalds for an egg McMuffin. Was 4 people in line ahead of me. I watched as each one of them passes a card out the window, employee takes card, then swipes it. Hands card back... repeated with all 4 people ahead of me, no sanitizing or wiping off her hands between customers.. I wonder how many times that is repeated in a day. Poor girl making $12/hour having probably 200 contacts/day on her shift.
    Next stop sportco-- love those guys. Figured I better get in before they are forced to close by Enslee. Employees gloved up in Latex, standing behind counters trying to observe the 6' rule. I find the usual $150 of stuff i cant live without, so I could go do some social distancing on my boat. . Go to checkout. Lines drawn on floor to keep us 6' back until register is clear. Person ahead of me uses card, uses the stylus to sign, they pay & they walk off. Dude looked shady as fuck. Probably from Bellevue... Then i can go up. Im again paying with card, then I have to touch the same pinpad and stylus to do my payment... How many people touch that same pad every day?
    Now off to Costco to get gas, wait in line as pumps ahead of me are full, Watch as each person taps the screen for payment type, then grabs the pump handle, then presses Regular or Super or Diesel. Then next guy in line does the same... How many times a day is that transfer of germs happening?

I guess I could have gloved up to be safe, but like Toilet paper, latex gloves are sold out too...

And like all the other good little sheep I find myself back at home along with the other 224,986 of the 225,000 people in thurston county that dont have Covid. (14 confirmed cases & 0 deaths)..

How many interactions are there in a Costco or a drive thru window vs at a boat launch in March/April? SMDH

Biggest Irony so far... Let Criminals out of prison. But Lock the rest of us in our houses...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
  • Aug 3, 2009
    Olympia,WA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    Screenshot_20200324-222028_Chrome.jpg

Please note a wdfw reply I saw today....

Upvote 0