Poll: How many days per year on a sport boat?

How many days of fishing on a sport boat (yearly)?

• Total voters

hagridfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
Had Bill as my un-expected roomie last year. What a nice man. A real gentleman, and one hell of a fisherman!

Epp

Feb 19, 2011
Santee, CA
Name
Eric
Boat
none
i did so much fishing this year it was good to me.
i go on half days up to 2.5 day trip this year. i try to go all the time

kabin

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 6, 2012
USA
Name
Kevin
Boat
N/A
I'm new and barely qualified for the poll with 1 overnight this year. I'm hoping to get more in next year. The commute between AZ and SD is a drag. Air-flights open up other avenues.

hot tuna

May 7, 2007
Tahoe
Name
Steve
Boat
clawfoot tub
been on the same sched for some yrs now. 36 days
8&6 day on Excel
two 8s and a 6 day on the Intrepid
from june to early sept
I do have an extra Excel 3 day in aug i'm signed up to take my son if he can go
Come on Jim, get off that rocking chair and get on the 15 Day!

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I can only sit and envy those who spend more than 35 days a year on the water... :hali_olutta:
The truth is a lot of guys with plenty of time on their hands go. Guys like you savor the experience when it happens. It's a joy to watch...

2MAYEtoes

Mackerel Maker
Apr 24, 2011
San Diego
Name
Cristin Kelly
Boat
Privateer
Hmmm In the last 12 months I probably spent 300+ days on a sport boat, almost all of those days were working though, I guess that doesn't count. Now that I'm not working I plan on resuming 300+ days a year of fishing :D

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Over 50 and under 100 on the Long Range boats. The guys I fish with in the fleet say it is closer to 100 mark. I don't keep count. If I see a trip and the Cows are feeding I jump on any boat that will get me there.

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Over 50 and under 100 on the Long Range boats. The guys I fish with in the fleet say it is closer to 100 mark. I don't keep count. If I see a trip and the Cows are feeding I jump on any boat that will get me there.
You underestimate it my friend. You should count the days you are on land.

penn25

Feb 8, 2012
Hawaii but grew up in Southern California
Name
Paul
Boat
Lucky Dog (retired)
If we moved back home to Southern California I would try to fish everyday but Sundays. Have to spend some time with my wife. LOL I probably get a boat in the 15-17 foot category. Fish that a couple of days a week and sport boat one day a week. Once I filled the freezer I would fish for the poor and hungry unless of course there's a law against helping people. I figure then sport boats would amount to about 50+ days a year.

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
All depends on how much money I have year to year. On a good year I like an 8-day trip in the Spring, and 10-day variety trip in the fall and a 15-day cow trip. I guess thats about 33 days a year, thats enough for me, maybe add a Maximus trip if possible

rusn007

Mar 20, 2012
Sherman Oaks, CA
Name
Stan
Boat
N/A
2012 was the first year I went an overnight trip, but I'm loving it. Definitely want to do more next year, but with baby on the way, might be hard to get that time off.

backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
31 LR this season, unless the longfins show up, then I'll be on local 1.5 to 3 day trips too.

Never underestimate the fun you can have or the iron slinging lessons you can learn on a good old fashioned 3/4 day trip.

tresher_one

Jul 12, 2008
Culver City
Name
Robert
Boat
28 Foot Imaginery Boston Whaler!!!
last year maybe about 10 days. This year I hope I can do more.............

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
I do one long range trip a year, then if you add up my half days, I go to just over ten. That doesn't count all the days I spend on the rocks back home, some of my favorite times fishing are still back there.

-Connor

Gamefighter

I just need one...more!
Sep 12, 2011
Boulder, CO
Name
Valerie
Boat
any that I'm welcome on!
I do 18-26 days, depending on how often I can sneak away. Lately it has been an 8 day in summer and a 10 day in fall, but I clearly need at least one more 8 day in August, and a couple 3-days in September. I'm already getting very excited about my 8 day in July!!!!!!

sk8ingtuna

Mar 8, 2008
Lawndale, Ca
Name
Richard
Boat
not yet
So, let's keep bring up old threads from 1 year ago, 2 years ago, 3 years...So we can keep rehashing the same topics over and over!

Oh wait, that's what we do anyways :deadhorse

Nevermind :D