Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Rusty, congratulations to you, and thanks for the fine reporting.

Upvote 0

Yolo

Outcasts
May 30, 2006
San Diego
www.sandiegofishingclub.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Relentless
Saw a huge Sea Lion do that to a hooked tuna in Baja. He came up, body hugged it, had eye contact with us...then like he knew what he was doing he bit the line and broke the fish off...

They don’t get that big from being stupid.

Now when you get sawed off you are out $35! (Flatfall, leader, enhanced hook)

Crazy hungry ocean out there..

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2015
Vancouver
Name
Steve
Boat
Zodiac
I had this fish a deep color in a nice death circle. Out of nowhere the biggest fur bag I ever seen jumps on the back of my tuna and starts chewing on his head. I buttoned down the drag to full and would get my fish back, put a few winds and he attacked again, again and again.

I never seen that "tuna fishing" before in my 50 years of fishing. I had them eat almost everything else, but not a 150 lb tuna. He was pissed and growled at the crew when they gaffed it, LOL
Sounds like the fur bag needs a new piecing with a slug.

Upvote 0

soopaflyjm1

Nov 6, 2012
Las Vegas Nv Clark
Name
J Money
Boat
Reel Fun
this^^^ I was on this trip and couldn't get bit on 80.
I got 4 bites on 60. Only one bit through and another sawed off by someone at color. These fish are mean and agree 80 would be better, but just wasn't working for me either.
I was on a 1.5 day on this boat and same thing happened I never got bit. Was fishing 100-200 lb leader at night. It made a difference

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I was on a 1.5 day on this boat and same thing happened I never got bit. Was fishing 100-200 lb leader at night. It made a difference
I have a friend that is out there now,
I hope that he is one of the lucky ones,
That caught one over a 100 Lb,
They have 10 so far.

Upvote 0

Latest posts