Dexter Outdoors

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
My 3.5 day limited load Charter leaves Saturday evening at 6:00 PM with 18 of us. It will be tough getting any sleep in the next few nights for me. LOL

From the Bridge of The Fabulous Polaris Supreme:

Hello Everyone,

Today we started the day trying for Yellowtail and 20-40lb Bluefin Tuna. It was a great start. We had excellent fishing. We had to leave them biting at 9 am. From then on we changed gears to target larger Bluefin Tuna. Around lunch time we found them. Ranging in size from 70-200 lbs, most ranging from 130-150lbs. Most of them bit the kite, but the bait fish that we caught were landed on 100lb flyline with a size 2/0 Gamakatsu Nautilus HD hook. Getting a bite on heavy line required a small strong hook. If the hook was too big then there was a small chance at a bite. If the line was too light then there was a slim chance at landing the fish. It took the perfect combo for fly lineing to get a bite and to land one of these fish.

We will try for these big boys again tomorrow.

Wish us luck,
Team Supreme

1598563235627.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Good luck on your trip, Tom! Look forward to seeing the daily reports from the Supreme.

Reactions: SCHeadhunter
Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
There goes your last hopes of a good night's sleep before Saturday!

Reactions: Steve K
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Sounds great, Tom! Good luck, catch a Cow. :)

Reactions: SCHeadhunter
Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
Yesterday's report: All hope of sleeping before departure is gone!!!!! Today is the current trips last day of fishing. They are in tomorrow morning. Then it's my turn!!!
Another day of 130lb Bluefin

216_164233_DSCF0162_(480x640).jpg

by Team Supreme, 8-28-2020

Hello Everyone,

Today we had a great day chasing the bigger Bluefin Tuna. We were able to land some great quality fish. Most came on the kite, but the one we landed on a fly line outfit bit 80lb with a great designer hook. Our landing ratio is great, we only need a few more of these quality Bluefin Tuna to make it so everyone has landed a fish over 120lbs.

Hopefully we can get it done tomorrow.

Wish us luck,
Team Supreme

Upvote 0