woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Thankful that much discussion.... some pressure... and "common sense" were used to clear this "misunderstanding up. Sometimes... facial "expression" is lost.... on the radio or the cell phone.... when talking with the other owners. Can't imagine Capt. wanted to "make that "Call".... to the Big Guy. "What....Send out more checks"........ I can hear him now...lol.

He may not always be "right".... but he consistantly "tries" to do whats right.... after some though and "loud" discussion.

Happy it got resolved. And yes.... I believe you can "give" your discount to another. I have received a number of credits.... over the years. Never had any trouble redeeming them. Be safe out there

P.S. as for your buddie using the credit.... everybody's gonna call now.... claiming THEY ARE your buddie.... and you said it was "OKAY" for THEM.... to use YOUR credit! Lol.

......dialing now!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

Tymeflyme

Almost A Member
    Feb 14, 2012
    Albuquerque
    Name
    Vince
    Boat
    Isabel
    This discussion put some real pressure on the boats major owner. Passengers make the operation move forward especially for a new partial owner captain. Glad to see this unfortunate situation come clean in the PS prop wash🏝

Steve K
    Steve K
    I’m pretty sure you’re never going to see that major owner walking around the top of the dock, staring at his cell phone, checking on Bloodydecks, to see if he or any of his many enterprises are hot topics.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    This discussion put some real pressure on the boats major owner. Passengers make the operation move forward especially for a new partial owner captain. Glad to see this unfortunate situation come clean in the PS prop wash🏝
    I'm not sure if this thread put any type of pressure on the Owner to issue credit. Verification of the statement about what the Captain said about the refund influenced the Owner to issue the credit.......I think.

Anyways, it was suggested that I am NOT welcome on the Polaris Supreme anymore, and to use my Credit elsewhere.......Shogun or RP................so maybe you're right.

The reason that I asked the question about the Credit being transferable is because some of the people that I talked to that were on the trip only go long range fishing once a year, and they have already booked on another boat.

Reactions: Steve K
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    I'm not sure if this thread put any type of pressure on the Owner to issue credit. Verification of the statement about what the Captain said about the refund influenced the Owner to issue the credit.......I think.

Anyways, it was suggested that I am NOT welcome on the Polaris Supreme anymore, and to use my Credit elsewhere.......Shogun or RP................so maybe you're right.

The reason that I asked the question about the Credit being transferable is because some of the people that I talked to that were on the trip only go long range fishing once a year, and they have already booked on another boat.
    That is nice of them to offer you more choices, I love Rene and the shogun,
    And some day I would like to fish with Roy Rose.my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    UPDATE:
    Apparently they was some mis-communication between the Owner and Captain in reference to coming home early.

At first, he stated that there would be no refund for coming home early, because we "voted" to do so. After a few conversations with the Owner, he talked to the Captain when he came back to port to confirm the statements he made during the emergency meeting.

Bottom line, the Owner sent out a email stating that we would be credited
    for:
    1. The lost time due to mechanical repairs before departure.
    2. Lost fishing time due to coming home a day early.

I can understand that the boat is not responsible to compensate passengers for Home emergencies and that there was no disagreement as to coming home a day early. Had the Captain not stated that we would be credited for the lost fishing time, item #2 would be mute.

QUESTION:
    Has anyone received such a credit?
    Can this Credit be transferred to another angler without penalty?
    UPDATE:
    I contacted the Polaris Supreme Office.
    The Credit has no time limit.
    The Credit cannot be transferred to another angler.

Reactions: woodfish330
    W
    woodfish330
    84 posts Brother. Finally resolved in a somewhat civil manner. Glad for you. Be safe out there.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Best fishermen in the world
    Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica
    Name
    Brad Baron
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    Think the same out come would had occurred without the post. I understand the disappointed

$20,000 or so total credit takes some time to be approved, typically. With 20+ people involved

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    Think the same out come would had occurred without the post. I understand the disappointed

$20,000 or so total credit takes some time to be approved, typically. With 20+ people involved
    "Think the same out come would had occurred without the post. I understand the disappointed"

Perhaps the outcome would have been the same without this thread, but a little prodding doesn't hurt. Besides it started out as a trip report. Not a bashing report.

Actually, I think the main Prod was when he sent the Credit letter to all the passengers which denied any refund for coming home a day early. I replied with "What a crock of BS"......................................"
    This got the Owner's attention and thus a conversation about the matter was initiated. The matter was settled because there was a mis-communication between the Owner and the Captain as to what was said on the boat.

"$20,000 or so total credit takes some time to be approved, typically. With 20+ people involved"

Issuing Credit takes NO time. I was on a trip where the Credit was given before we even got off the boat. Not one week later.

Where do you get $20,000? State the facts if you know them, but don't speculate. The Credit was closer to $5500 for 22 people. That's Credit to be used by the passenger on any one of the Owners boats. And it's not transferable.

If the Credit is not used, the Owner wins. And more than likely many will not, because the Owner has deleted our trip for next year and replaced it with shorter trips

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica
    Name
    Brad Baron
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    Why?
    Because it would take too long to discuss everything in detail.
    Because half of Bloody Deckers love the Drama of Negative reports, while the other half love to
    bash those who post negative reports even though they know Nothing about the boat or the trip.
    Therefore I choose to not participate. AND please spare me the details about discussing it with the Captain, as he was well aware of the problems.

If I missed anything, or am incorrect in my report , please...............those that were on the trip correct me.

That is passive aggressive pot stirring imo. No way, nobody will ask you. What you are referring too.

Wishing you better future trips and I understand. Last 9 day went to Alijos then Lupe. 4 days total to fish wahoo for 1.5 days

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica
    Name
    Brad Baron
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    UPDATE:
    Apparently they was some mis-communication between the Owner and Captain in reference to coming home early.

At first, he stated that there would be no refund for coming home early, because we "voted" to do so. After a few conversations with the Owner, he talked to the Captain when he came back to port to confirm the statements he made during the emergency meeting.

Bottom line, the Owner sent out a email stating that we would be credited
    for:
    1. The lost time due to mechanical repairs before departure.
    2. Lost fishing time due to coming home a day early.

I was figuring about $400 a day per passenger, plus late departure

Either way. Someone's wife almost died.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica
    Name
    Brad Baron
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    Might want to check (exactly why the trip didn't go to Lupe) and why the charter has been cancelled. After so many years

Upvote 0

B-BOYS

Sunny Days
  • Jun 23, 2016
    Orange County
    Name
    Parry
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    0936D598-CD58-429C-9367-B15CABCCF333.gif

Upvote 0

Yolo

Outcasts
    May 30, 2006
    San Diego
    www.sandiegofishingclub.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Relentless
    I hope this creates more openings for others on a boat that is pretty much sold out all of 2022 for a reason. Heading out in Nov on the PS and I can't wait.

Everyone has a bad trip. Out of my 10 last year? One really bad one...did I run here to post all about it. Nope.

I'm just going to make sure I am with good friends, on a great platform, with good luck and timing.

Next!

Upvote 0

CMYSIX

• Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    I hope this creates more openings for others on a boat that is pretty much sold out all of 2022 for a reason. Heading out in Nov on the PS and I can't wait.

Everyone has a bad trip. Out of my 10 last year? One really bad one...did I run here to post all about it. Nope.

I'm just going to make sure I am with good friends, on a great platform, with good luck and timing.

Next!
    I guess you should go back and look, I see all kinds of green dots on 21 and 22

• Haha
    Reactions: CHU CHANGO and Yolo
    Upvote 0

Yolo

Outcasts
    May 30, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Relentless
    Sometime's a bad trip is just a reminder that there are other boats out there to try. One person bounces, another jumps right in. The boat has been running hard for months, man we tore it up in May. They have far more great trips under their belt.

No worries, thanks for the heads up! Every boat has their pros and cons, things break, stuff happens.

OK checked and during prime time, looks pretty much sold out. I did notice one spot opened up for Nov 21 3-day this year. We have a ton of guys on there so if we catch fish or not, its going to be a great trip, good food, good platform, fish are a bonus.

Last edited:
    Reactions: One_Leg
    Upvote 0

Yolo

Outcasts
    May 30, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Relentless
    That spot is gone now, I just checked. One thing I noticed that its always good to fish with a group you know. I could not buy a bite in May but two of my group had limited already and were handing off. After a few hours it was 8 of us fishing to hook and hand our last guy to limits. Then we all fished for boat limits. So yeah, good to fish as a team.

Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat
    Royal Star
    Sometime's a bad trip is just a reminder that there are other boats out there to try. One person bounces, another jumps right in. The boat has been running hard for months, man we tore it up in May. They have far more great trips under their belt.

No worries, thanks for the heads up! Every boat has their pros and cons, things break, stuff happens.

OK checked and during prime time, looks pretty much sold out. I did notice one spot opened up for Nov 21 3-day this year. We have a ton of guys on there so if we catch fish or not, its going to be a great trip, good food, good platform, fish are a bonus.
    Long range fishing, you grab the dice and roll them, tons of variables, good trips, not so good trips. It all evens out, it's called paying your dues!

Upvote 0

Latest posts