Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk
Late report………………..
October 1-9, 2011
<FONT color=black>Polaris Supreme 8-Day Trip #1123<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial><P style=
<o:p></o:p>
Saturday October 1<SUP>st</SUP>. <o:p></o:p>
One year ago (October 5<SUP>th</SUP>, 2010) while fishing late in the day (dark) at Cedros, having a few Capt-n-Coke&#8217;s, I mentioned to my friend Howard that we should do an 8-day trip again. He and Capt Morgan agreed and the next day on the way home we sat with Capt. Tommy and put a trip together. We decided to go with the limited load of 20 but knew that the price bump may affect some angler&#8217;s decision. I was wrong. It didn&#8217;t take very long to get 2/3<SUP>rd</SUP> full then full. We had one drop right before the trip. I was co-charter master on this trip and handled the rod and stateroom assignments, monthly notices, changes and updates and just about everything that goes with the job. As you read below, please give credit to the sections of the report taken directly from the boats daily online blog. Yup I am pimping for part of this report. I was going to do this immediately upon my return but became sidetracked by life and it has taken some time to recall various details. My notepad and pen sat undisturbed for most of the trip. I must have ADHD or whatever it&#8217;s called. <o:p></o:p>
With an entire year of planning behind us we departed on our 8-day Polaris Supreme Charter Saturday October 1<SUP>st</SUP>. The boat didn&#8217;t fish the day before our departure so the day prior was spent calling everyone to get them to the landing earlier than had been previously planned. I left the LBC about 4:30 with another fellow angler Dave who was making his first LR trip. I figured that I would hit the parking lot and get a choice spot being there so early and all. Right. When I pulled into the Big 3, that parking lot was a zoo at 6:15AM. Drove in circles. Parked in a red zone. Paced. No one leaving for some time so one of our anglers had been staying across the street at the Choice Hotel went back cut a deal with them to let me park there for a discount. Unloaded the rest of our gear into a cart and parked and got checked in. We had already staked out a spot at the dock head so by 7:45 the redshirts were loading our cart and wheeling us down the dock. There is no better feeling than finally getting loaded and rolling to the boat. They had everyone loaded fast and we hurriedly stowed the rods stashed our gear, tackle and all the other stuff you bring on a long trip but don&#8217;t use&#8230;&#8230;I think I counted 8 cases of wine plus cases of other bottled beverages. A safety seminar on the way to the bait tank and soon we were loaded up with quality bait and rolling past the point by 1030. <o:p></o:p>
Lunch of a grilled chicken sandwich on chibata with a pasta salad was served by 1115 and we settled in for a sunny afternoon of relaxing and some cocktails. With 19 anglers of which some were LR vets and some not, we left with high anticipation of big yellows, fat tuna and large wahoo. I new that the Rocks had been tough but felt that the lower region, such as the Ridge, 13 and 23 would be the redeeming spots that would kick out the quality and quantity I saw in 2009. We had been hyping the fishing for a year so now it was time to produce. Tommy had a preliminary plan to bypass our usual first stop of the Rocks and blow straight down to the Ridge. <o:p></o:p>
We had an afternoon happy hour with jumbo shrimp cocktail, hot wings, a cheese and salami platter and a few other items. Somehow we managed to tolerate the Prime Rib Dinner, which is a Polaris Supreme departure day tradition. For past trips on this vessel I learned that consumption moderation was required in the grocery department, so when I sat down I requested a small end cut. There are times when you don&#8217;t upset the staff with mediocre requests and this was one of them and I was given a 32oz serving of which I did my best. Dessert was something rich and fattening. Not having had much sleep the night before, I along with many others retreated early. I had S/R 8, starboard side with a crosswise lower bunk. <o:p></o:p>
Sunday October 2<SUP>nd</SUP><o:p></o:p>
As one who gets up early it was hard to sleep past 5:30, so I took advantage of the empty bathroom and was ready to start the day. They set out a continental breakfast early so the first risers can grab something, then do a formal sit-down breakfast about 7:30. I grabbed a cup of coffee and started to put reels on rods. My arsenal consisted of one 30lb, several 40 and 50 pound outfits along with 2 60&#8217;s, one 80. I also had a Trinidad 30 on a Seeker CJBF 80H and a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:place w:st="on">Trinidad</st1:place> 30DC on a Calstar 825XH (cut down 850H). From past years down here I learned that you will fish the crap out of 40lb and will burn through top shots in no time flat. After a breakfast of eggs to order, hash browns and bacon or turkey sausage and fresh fruit we had a tackle seminar that included bait handling, trolling and wahoo preparation. After the seminar we had a raffle for some gift cards, t-shirts and sweatshirts from 5 Star fish processing, a bunch tackle items and t-shirts and hats from the company of one of the anglers. We were told that we would make a tuna stop in the afternoon so get set up. After several hours of tackle assembly I was ready to fish. I already knew which reel went on each rod and the leader/hook arrangement. On past 8-day trips we never fished the first full day out as we were always bombing straight to the Rocks. Not this time, but I felt it would be a good warm up for everyone including myself. I am never afraid to tell the newer anglers that I learn something every time I fish and this was no exception. We hit the tuna grounds later in the afternoon and after a few jig stops we put some yellowfin on the boat. I donated the 2 bait fish I caught to the galley. At least we would have some fresh for poke and sushi in a few days. We fished into the afternoon cocktail hour, I got cleaned up after the small tuna blood bath and got ready for dinner which was an incredible seafood Alfredo with roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, jumbo scallops and shrimp. Dessert was a 9 layer cake. I asked for a small sliver and received not only a full size piece of the 9 layer,but an ice-cream sundae on top of it. They all had a good laugh. <o:p></o:p>
Monday, October 3<SUP>rd</SUP>, 2011<o:p></o:p>
Our day started with coffee, some tackle rigging and a breakfast of omelets and fruit. <o:p></o:p>
We had made good time running downhill so we were at the end of the ridge early in the day. <o:p></o:p>
(note, parts of this report are courtesy of the Polaris Supreme&#8217;s web blog below) <o:p></o:p>
What began as a slow day on the Supreme, turned out to be quite a decent day by the time the sun had set. Around mid-morning, we snagged a few Dorado on the troll and had a stop where we caught a box-full of some nice flats with quite a few going around 18 lbs. After that, we began the hunt for Wahoo and tuna but after not locating any, we plopped the anchor over to do some Yellowtail and ground-fishing. Lunch was home made chili and cornbread. We tried a handful of spots with limited success but later in the afternoon, we began to snag some Yellows with the yo-yo jigs and dropper loops. Even without current, the fish bit pretty steady in the late afternoon and by the evening time, we only had a few fishermen left as the cocktails and showers overtook the angler&#8217;s attention. That's when you know you've had a good bite, only a handful of anglers at the rail and with the cocktail party cheering them on; hootin' and hollerin' at 'em. So all in all, we had a good afternoon of fishing down here and we'll be trying for some Pargo this evening before we get back at it tomorrow morning for Wahoo, Yellowtail, and tuna. Our weather is a bit windy with a light swell but it's hot out, so the breeze is kind of welcomed at this point.<o:p></o:p>
I believe that the dinner was an incredible Veal Chop. <o:p></o:p>
Tuesday October 4<SUP>th</SUP>.<o:p></o:p>
Breakfast was sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs to order and fresh fruit. <o:p></o:p>
We fished yellows and dorado most of the morning. It was pretty much wide open. I released a bunch of dorado and yellows hoping for larger species but the plan had changed a bit with the Rocks back in the picture so I fished through a bunch of fish to get some nice keepers. The yellows bit just about anything you threw at them. I think I had my 6 limit on dorado by this point.Lunch was an awesome Grilled Yellowtail w/béarnaise sauce, served with rice and steam veggies. <o:p></o:p>
We ceased the yellowtail and hopefully the dorado fishing and set out looking for wahoo and tuna again. We would not see a single tuna down here, 23, 13, Ridge, etc. nor do we connect with any wahoo. Big Bummer, but with a shot at the rocks it wasn&#8217;t over yet. After all we had already fished 3 days on a 8 day trip that left 4 days prior. Arms and backs were already sore. We pulled chocks in the afternoon and set our sights on the rocks. We spent the afternoon rebuilding our tackle, changing line and topshots and setting up for another day of fishing. Some guys crashed or watched movies and enjoyed the afternoon appetizers which were always incredible and plentiful.<o:p></o:p>
Dinner was BBQ Ribs, Baked Beans and Macaroni salad followed by some desserts that had long names and multiple layers. The guys crash early in anticipation of getting to Hoo-ville. <o:p></o:p>
Wednesday October 5<SUP>th<o:p></o:p></SUP>
<SUP>&#8220;Gentleman, Welcome to the Rock&#8221; <o:p></o:p></SUP>
<SUP>I think breakfast was French toast, eggs and turkey sausage and fresh fruit. <o:p></o:p></SUP>
There was a storm front that was hauling down the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Baja</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Coast</st1:placeType></st1:place> so I new things would change on the weather front. The ride up the hill to the rocks was pretty lumpy. With that said we still arrived much earlier that we had anticipated and could see the rocks in the distance while still dark. The Indy and the Rooster were already there and had kites flying with balloon assist. With the skys cloudy it reminded me of the cover of the Pink Floyd Album, &#8220;Animals&#8221;. <o:p></o:p>
We trolled around for wahoo for nada. Damn wahoo. They set us up on the anchor and began the task of sending up the kite rigs. Howard was set up with the double sardine and I was sent out with a big squid. After spending a bunch of time in kite detention some guys caught a few token sheepshead and other critters, but no tuna or wahoo. We watched one of the guys fight a marlin on the kite rig next to us on the Rooster I think. It went all over the country. I was glad it was him and not me. Big marlin on the anchor is no fun. Well we decided to look for wahoo again but found nothing. Lunch was Tri-Tip with ranch beans and Potato salad.<o:p></o:p>
We trolled out west to a few high spots 10 miles from the rock and set up on a grouper spot. We landed 4 grouper, 3 that were 35-40 and one smaller. I was fortunate to catch two of the nice 35-40lb units. The first fish was caught on a dropper loop rig, 80lb, Penn 16, Seeker 6460XH and a Mustad 94150 Ringed 5/0 with a mackerel for bait. I was using a 24oz torpedo to get down and stay down on the drift. I hadn&#8217;t been on the bottom for more than 90 seconds when I got buried on the rail. Those things pull back for a while. I did a slow grind to the surface, basically got a few winds each time the rod tip would start to unload. After gaffing that fish one of the deckhands reached into the groupers mouth and extracted a 10 inch rock fish. So I asked Drew, would this make a decent grouper bait? Duh! He ate it before didn&#8217;t he? So I pinned on the partially digested 10 inch rock fish and made another drop. This time the bite was instant. I don&#8217;t think I made it all the way to the bottom before scoring on my second grouper of the afternoon. Made my day. Grouper fishing was slow for the most part so we went back to the rocks and fished it until after dark for no wahoo or tuna and started to head northeast to dodge the storm front and wind coming down Baja. The other boats that sat there for several days caught a handful of fish. They earned what they caught. We had way too many guys that were hungry to pull on fish. Period. I was there for the trophies, but this wasn&#8217;t going to be a trip for me to be selfish. It was about getting a nice variety of quality sized fish, see places that many had never traveled to before, eat like a king, sleep when you wanted to drink until you are blurred. That&#8217;s it. Everyone had a blast. Lots of joking and pranks. Most everyone new someone or everyone. I knew everyone except two. With that we (they) pointed the good ship north to get out of the wind that was approaching the Rocks, but it was already rough. I think dinner was a seafood kabob, but all I remember were guys floating off their dining seats that were sitting farther forward in the salon. There wasn&#8217;t too many at dinner tonight. I think they were strapped into their bunks. I moved most of my rods to the back from the right hand side rod rack as some rods were getting thrashed in the weather. <o:p></o:p>
Thursday October 6<SUP>th</SUP><o:p></o:p>
Breakfast today was breakfast burritos.<o:p></o:p>
(note, parts of this report are courtesy of the Polaris Supreme&#8217;s web blog below) <o:p></o:p>
Mostly a travel today as stated in our last report, we decided to make a run higher up on the chart to be in position to elude the weather as best as possible if needed, but we did do some fishing today as well motoring up the line. We found kelp, after kelp, after kelp in good water conditions but we only have a couple handfuls of Dorado to show for our efforts. The weather was really nice for most of the day so seeing these kelps was no problem but we never located a really good kelp holding a glory stop. If there was one out here or not, who knows, but we checked dozens and dozens of kelps that were void of life with the exception of only a couple that actually were holding game fish of size. But like I said, our weather was beautiful for most of the day until the late afternoon time when we were hit with some wind and a little bit of rain, so at least the weather was decent. Our traveling weather now is a pretty manageable with just a little bit of bounce from the wind swell. There aren&#8217;t much sea conditions to worry about at the moment, just lots of wind but for now, we'll take this weather for the remainder of the trip. We'll see what happens tomorrow as more wind is forecasted in our future. Tomorrow, we'll be doing some coastal fishing for White Seabass, Yellowtail, and Halibut before we peak around the corner and see if the weather will allow us to do some local tuna fishing for a morning. Until then, we'll be looking for some trophy game fish and we'll take things as they come. <o:p></o:p>
Lunch today was a grilled chicken Caesar salad, but the highlight was the afternoon happy hour. Spicy Tuna, (Poke) Sashimi, Sushi, eggrolls, bbq hot wings, watermelon and sesame Korean short ribs. All the bomb. We sat there all afternoon and ate and drank several bottles of wine. Later that night for dinner I took one bite of the apricot glazed pork loin and fell asleep in my plate. <o:p></o:p>
Friday October 7<SUP>th</SUP> <o:p></o:p>
Breakfast today was Eggs Benedict. Good stuff! <o:p></o:p>
We took a little bit of a pounding last night traveling up but it wasn't anything serious. We made it to our destination at a decent hour this morning and it didn't take us too long to figure things out and get serious on finishing up our Yellowtail limit. We caught them using all methods today; Fly-lined Sardines, sliding-sinker rigs, dropper loops, yo-yo jigs, and our personal favorite - the surface iron. A solid grade of fish too with most being in the 18-22 lb. range. We had steady catching in the morning and we also had some very steady releasing of these beautiful specimens with probably a 50/50 percentage of fish kept and fish released. It gets a little tricky releasing such large Yellowtail but we do a superb job of releasing them with as little as stress to the fish as possible and that is a very rewarding feeling. It may take a few line cuts, which most definitely is NOT a rewarding feeling, but that's part of working on a boat. If your hands aren't throbbing with pain by the end of the day, you're either not working hard enough or you've had a really good day of fishing. Today, the crew of the Polaris Supreme have sore hands because of good fishing - our fingers hurt. <o:p></o:p>
Lunch was fish tacos with rice, beans and salsa. I have no idea what dinner was. I couldn&#8217;t even remember the next morning&#8230;&#8230;<o:p></o:p>
Saturday October 8<SUP>th</SUP>.<o:p></o:p>
&#8220;7 days of fishing on an 8 day?&#8221;<o:p></o:p>
Breakfast was hotcakes, eggs and bacon. <o:p></o:p>
We positioned ourselves up and into the tuna grounds early this morning in hopes of locating the yellowfin and bluefin tuna that were in this area. Yes, this was the 7<SUP>th</SUP> day that we had an opportunity to fish. <o:p></o:p>
(note, parts of this report are courtesy of the Polaris Supreme&#8217;s web blog below)<o:p></o:p>
Good evening everyone. Slow fishing for us offshore today. We looked at a lot of good water and stopped on numerous kelps to find only smaller grade Yellowtail, which we do not need anymore of so we released every one we hooked, but we did catch a few 25 lb. Yellowfin tuna trolling around. We saw one good school on the sonar but never got around on it so that was encouraging and we also did see a lot of Yellowtail on the kelps that we did stop on. It seems as though this area is still recovering from the storm front that blasted through in the days prior and it's hard to stay on the fish when there aren't a lot of boats in the area if you can't locate the fish. There's a lot of water to cover and this is the only time you'll hear us say the words "the more boats, the better". That's what it is in this case. We need a nice spread of lots of boats to cover this large area of water that these tuna have been in the past couple of months and today, we just didn't have the help to look at all the water that needs to be covered in order to find the fish. Hopefully, this holiday weekend will see multiple boats out in the area to try and get something located. Other than that, our weather was pretty good with a little bit of leftover wind and swell but plenty of sunshine to aide in the kelp finding. We definitely made the right call on the weather side of things and strategically missed the bad weather that was forecasted. <o:p></o:p>
So that's all. We're making way up the line and will be arriving to the docks at 0700 hours tomorrow morning.

<o:p>BTW: Dinner was Jumbo Lump Crab Stuffed Fillet Migion w/Garlic Mashed...........</o:p>

In closing:<o:p></o:p>
My collection of wired wahoo leaders continues to grow. I had 50-60 left over from 2009 and made a bunch more this year albeit they are longer than my previous units that at times were too short for the very large wahoo we experienced in 2009. In addition to my preference for using solid wire and the haywire I made a bunch of leaders using the 7 strand and double crimps using the small single barrel crimps. The second crimp covered the tag end to the edge of the crimp instead of doubling the wire back into the crimp to hide the tag ends. I actually used a few leaders on our initial stops at the rocks and ridge just in case wahoo were there but they were thrashed by dorado.

The Shimano TalicaII reels, the 16 to be exact seem to be a good product. My incredible wife gave me the 16 for Xmas. I put 65lb Izor solid spectra with a 50lb topshot of Soft Steel line. I hadn&#8217;t used it before so I was anticipating pulling on something that pulled back. Unfortunately the largest thing I pulled on were some 30lb class yellows. Nothing to sneeze at, but the reel was amazingly smooth and quiet and did a number on that grade of fish. They may be on to something. It was mounted to a Seeker SS6470H rod, which is a work of art with the Turbo guides. It&#8217;s a great combo. The 16II might even fish 80 if you wanted to push it.

My old standby Avet JX reels. I have used the crap out of this reel without any problems. It was mounted to a Seeker CJBF6470 rod. 65lb spectra and 40lb topshot. I caught 3 yellows at Cedros last year that weighed 41, 43 and 44lbs on this set up. Its small, compact and a powerhouse. I backed it up with LX, in 2-speed of course.

You can&#8217;t own enough 40 lb class rods for these fall trips. 50lb also. I actually used some rods rated at 50 for 40lb as I pulled on all of them this past summer with different reels mounted to see what matched the best, to see what I was really getting and what I felt comfortable with. I am referring to Calstar Grafighters and Seeker Black Steel Series for the most part. Most everything that I fish live bait on are 7 foot rods. The exceptions were a Seeker Black Steel 6465H and a G-Loomis PSR78-50C, that I bought used last summer for a bargain plus I liked the light weight and compact feel of this rod. They make a decent rod in my opinion.

I didn&#8217;t use any of the 2-speeded 50 or 60lb rigs that I set up and brought along. Penn 12&#8217;s and Super 12&#8217;s.

Hooks: 99% of the time I use the Mustad 94150 ringed hooks.

If you have a plan, stick to it. When conditions are tough like the Rocks were, don&#8217;t be afraid to pull out all the stops. Try all those weird gizmos you brought. I had some items in my weapons&#8217; locker that I should of/could of tried but didn&#8217;t, got lazy, stuck to live bait, didn&#8217;t throw the iron, bombs or Raiders enough. Maybe.

I caught much better grade yellows at San Benitos that any of the other locations so I wish I had released more of my Ridge yellows in hindsight. I always try to be selective. Some guys fish way beyond what they need, but that&#8217;s just an observation. I did that in the past. I don&#8217;t anymore. I am not preaching to anyone on limits by any means, I just made it a personal guide for myself a few years ago. This trip I brought kept/back 6 dorado and 12 yellows, 3 of which were smoked plus 2 grouper and one 24lb yellowfin. That&#8217;s a lot of fish. The dorado were a nice grade of 18-22 lb average, not huge by any means. And no matter how wide open the bite is, it always felt good to release, help, hook and hand or just sit back and watch which I can only do so long. I just wish that the tuna made a showing this year that would have given us a reason to catch and release, being selective. You could have caught 75-100 yellows, the fishing for them was that good. Lots of Dorado also.

I brought home the tuna, the grouper and one yellow that I caught to have fresh fish for us and family/friends the first week back, everything else was done by Sarah over at Five Star who did an amazing job on the fillet work. I also had some yellows smoked that turned out super, mild, just perfect on the smoke and not dried out. I think most everyone on our charter used them. http://www.fivestarfishprocessing.com/

I blew out a BNIB Shimano Trindad 30DC after one 20lb dorado. I bought it for what I thought was a bargain of $275.00 from a guy on e-bay. I don&#8217;t know what happened except after gaffing the dorado caught on live bait (wired for wahoo) the spool was bound up and I couldn&#8217;t shift it into or out of gear. The lever was stuck in the middle. Something broke I assume.

Fluorocarbon leader: hardly used any beyond the initial pieces tied on. The dorado and yellowtail didn&#8217;t care. I used it at the Rocks, but never got bit. I hope it keeps fresh in the spare bedroom&#8230;.

Over preparation: Better than under preparation.

Lead: guys didn&#8217;t pack enough or the right size. I gave out pounds of 8, 12 and 16 oz torpedo sinkers, didn&#8217;t get many if any back. At least that part of my tackle was lighter&#8230;&#8230;..

Equipment, reels, etc: PM me if you really want to know&#8230;&#8230;.although my supposed fine timepiece grade BNIB Shimano 30DC failed after one fish. Maybe that&#8217;s why they discontinued them. Duh.

Knots/connections: Learn a few. Get good at it. Day 6 of an 8-day is the wrong time to say your knots are failing. The guys who learned and practiced during the summer had zero connection failures and were proud of it. Those who didn&#8217;t, well&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;

Get frustrated early if you need to: Then ask for help.

Treat your wounds quickly/correctly: I had a bad cut from a splice on my thumb last fall that got infected even though I thought I took care of it by washing and gluing shut. Big error. Use night time for treating cuts. A few this year almost got away from me. Antibacterial ointment.

We didn&#8217;t fish Cedros. Benitos&#8217; was on fire. We didn&#8217;t fish Turtle or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Pablo</st1:place></st1:City> or any of those beach areas as in past trips. We had one wahoo hook up and release (no wire). The storm that came down the coast altered our trip profile. I hope the guys down there this week have better weather. The typical flat calm, super hot days didn&#8217;t really exist except for one day on the ridge, but it was still windy.

We saw/caught some speices I hadn&#8217;t seen before such as the yellow spotted Sculpin or something like that. Cool looking fish. I guess they are good eating.

Grouper is the bomb. We had the cheeks for dinner one night. Another night we had the inlaws and our son and future wife for dinner. I made Poke, Sesame crusted seared yellowfin, grilled yellowtail with a spicy pineapple glaze and grilled grouper brushed with peppered garlic butter. The smoked yellowtail turned out really great. We picked up my fish this past weekend. <o:p></o:p>
Photos to follow.

Attachments

• Polaris Supreme long shot.jpg
    Polaris Supreme long shot.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 011.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 011.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 009.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 009.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 007.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 007.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 010.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 010.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 004.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 004.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Polaris Supreme back deck.jpg
    Polaris Supreme back deck.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Polaris Supreme salon.jpg
    Polaris Supreme salon.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Polaris Supreme snack bar.jpg
    Polaris Supreme snack bar.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Upvote 0

chuck norris

just turn the handle
Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk
pics

Attachments

• Polaris Supreme 2011 Chop.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 Chop.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 029.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 029.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 Cluster.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 Cluster.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Polaris Supreme 2011.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 025.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 025.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 017.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 017.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Polaris Supreme Dinner.jpg
    Polaris Supreme Dinner.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 021.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 021.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 022.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 022.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 015.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 015.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0

chuck norris

just turn the handle
Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk
more

Attachments

• Polaris Supreme 2011 046.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 046.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 043.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 043.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 045.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 045.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 035.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 035.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 034.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 034.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 92
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 033.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 033.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 031.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 031.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 69
  • State Room portside.jpg
    State Room portside.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Polaris Supreme staterooms.jpg
    Polaris Supreme staterooms.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

chuck norris

just turn the handle
Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk

Attachments

• Polaris Supreme 2011 063.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 063.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 59
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 062.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 062.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 061.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 061.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 054.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 054.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 55
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 053.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 053.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 052.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 052.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 051.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 051.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 050.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 050.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 047.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 047.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0

chuck norris

just turn the handle
Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk

Attachments

• Polaris Supreme 2011 119.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 119.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 117.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 117.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 109.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 109.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 106.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 106.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 104.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 104.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 098.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 098.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 085.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 085.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 072.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 072.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 070.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 070.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0

chuck norris

just turn the handle
Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk

Attachments

• Polaris Supreme 2011 129.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 129.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 128.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 128.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 126.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 126.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 125.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 125.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 124.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 124.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 123.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 123.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Polaris Supreme 2011 122.jpg
    Polaris Supreme 2011 122.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
Sounds like a great trip and I enjoyed reading your detailed report.

The reel that failed was it new or refurb? I know a lot of ebay reels are refurb.

Either way if you take it to Shimano in Irvine they will probaby give you a new one

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    Thanks for the report. I was on the Rooster when you guys got there. We had high hopes for Wahoo and Tuna because we caught a few nice ones the day before but it kind of died the day you arrived at the rocks...oh well nice to be on vacation

Upvote 0

chuck norris

just turn the handle
    Jun 13, 2008
    Long Beach Ca
    Name
    Chuck Norris
    Boat
    USS Kitty Hawk
    Thanks for the report. I was on the Rooster when you guys got there. We had high hopes for Wahoo and Tuna because we caught a few nice ones the day before but it kind of died the day you arrived at the rocks...oh well nice to be on vacation

We had high hopes for tuna and wahoo even though it had been slow. That was the reason we hit the ridge first, but it was only yellows and dorado with a few pargo tossed in. The overall fishing was nothing less than outstanding and most all of the new guys were amazed at the fishing, crew, boat and food.

Upvote 0

chuck norris

just turn the handle
    Jun 13, 2008
    Long Beach Ca
    Name
    Chuck Norris
    Boat
    USS Kitty Hawk
    pics

Attachments

• PS 2011 in the corner.jpg