Polaris Supreme 4/23 - Nothing to report.

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
Fishing had been quite good on BFTs a day or 2 before our trip which is probably the kiss of death for bluefin. Capt Aliyar's galley talk was to sleep on the way down, and be ready to fish all nite. There was one BFT caught about 2 am on a flat fall out of 3 bites. Only bft for the trip. Boat drove ALL day Saturday for bft, no biter and not much found. Later in the day ran 50 miles south to an unexplored area. Nothin down there just a few stops and bait thrown. Found a few paddies on our way north for about 50 YT, 6-12 lb. Boat is in great condition and Capt worked ALL day, but nothing he could do. Crew is 4 young deckhands which all seemed nice and capable but not tested on our trip. I like Capt Aliyar but hes a quiet guy and would go a few hours without saying anything on the loudspeaker Even if there's nothing biting he should still keep us informed. Oh well, we'll get me next time.

Last edited:

Tar Pit

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 7, 2006
    Reno NV
    Name
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat
    None.
    Looks like the Tribute is on fish again today. #30-#50 bluefin close to home. As the skipper said "easy one day range".

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Damn bluefin...I'm still waiting for the ALBACORE return LOL

RON-03.jpg

Reactions: short-range