PENN

sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
san diego
Name
nick
Boat
n/a
We took off from seaforth Monday afternoon with a full load of people and still lots of room on board
The weather was ok and the fishing was blue fin tuna fishing
We started the day early with a 3:30 am wake up call to start fishing and we didn’t stop until about 9:00 pm
Lots of stop and go style fishing
All sorts of things were getting bit so I would suggest bringing everything
And a big thanks for the captain and crew
They worked really hard for us and had a good attitude

7309BD1E-3D6C-47FA-B981-B12A5FF334D4.jpeg

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
Jan 10, 2010
Junction City OR
Name
Rod Lathrop
Boat
24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
From Polaris Supreme website:

"by Captain Aliyar Nabi, 4-21-2021

We just got tied up from a 1.5 Day. We had a pretty good trip out there and ended with 28 Bluefin Tuna from 30-110 pounds. We saw a really good sign of fish out there, so that's pretty encouraging. We did see some of that bigger grade fish, but only got a few."

Upvote 0

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    We just got tied up from a 1.5 Day. We had a pretty good trip out there and ended with 28 Bluefin Tuna from 30-110 pounds. We saw a really good sign of fish out there, so that's pretty encouraging. We did see some of that bigger grade fish, but only got a few."

Hmmm.. 30-100lbs and bigger grade fish looming? What would be the ideal assortment of gear for a 1.5day now?

Relatively short trip so wouldn't want to bring 7 or 8 rigs but wouldn't want be caught wanting either. What a dilemma.

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    You are absolutely right when you say "that's bluefin fishing" 9x out of 10 this is exactly the result. 3 fish for the entire boat. Every once in a bluefin moon they really want to play and the boat loads up. I just happen to NEVER be on those trips. Probably why I am not that big of a bluefin guy.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
    Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Hmmm.. 30-100lbs and bigger grade fish looming? What would be the ideal assortment of gear for a 1.5day now?

Relatively short trip so wouldn't want to bring 7 or 8 rigs but wouldn't want be caught wanting either. What a dilemma.
    I'd imagine a 40lb, 60-80lb two rigs would be used most,
    unless you have 100-150lb rig for really big bluefin
    =BRING IT LOL

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0