Sailing La Reina

Almost A Member
Apr 10, 2019
San Pedro, CA
Name
Chris
Boat
La Reina
Because the post was removed, I have not read it and have insufficient information to make an informed judgement. However, I am an American and I stand by the First Amendment to our Constitution. So going forward, I’ll just make sure I never buy anything from any of the BD advertisers. 😀
Opps, I might get banned for saying that. Welcome to the CCP.

• Haha
Reactions: Blackfish

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Because the post was removed, I have not read it and have insufficient information to make an informed judgement. However, I am an American and I stand by the First Amendment to our Constitution. So going forward, I’ll just make sure I never buy anything from any of the BD advertisers. 😀
Nice one!

Congrats.

Upvote 0

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
California
Name
Doug Woodard
Boat
Nope
Sounds like we are talking tonnage.
I did a rough calculation based on the average size of the fish we were catching and the number taken, and it was just about 2,000lbs.

Reactions: Bill W
Upvote 0

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
California
Name
Doug Woodard
Boat
Nope
I wrote the post, and fully realize that the removal of the post by the moderators, if it was their choice, does not violate my 1st amendment rights in any way, shape or form. It sucks, but it's not a First Amendment Issue.

HOWEVER, if the DFG made them take it down, or pressured them to do so ;well, that does violate my First Amendment rights.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    It could of been a last minute decision to fish American waters and it slipped his (Captain) mind and it was a honest mistake, Some people on here are making it look like he (Captain) doesn't know what he's doing. It was a big costly mistake and I don't don't believe it was done on purpose. Let it rest.

Upvote 0

Tsmithson

• Jun 8, 2021
    LA
    Name
    Thomas Smithson
    Boat
    No
    I have never seen multi day permits posted in view of passengers ever in 45 years of doing 2+ day trips,thats news to me.To me that reads as if its the anglers responsibility to make sure the boat has multi day permits or they can be ticketed?
    Can you imagine if DFW had ticketed every angler for over limits?
    I feel bad for PS and id bet it was just a mistake/oversight on their part but all those anglers should be going for a free 3 day anyway you look at it.Its not the anglers fault the boat didnt comply and lost all those fish.
    Im sure PS they will do the right thing.
    Live and learn,I bet it never happens on that boat again!
    Seems like they got a long successful one day trip with limits and are owed 2 more days to fish for what was lost. Fair might be a two day trip in the future at 1/2 price.

Reactions: caballo del mar
    Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I think the resolution they came up with is very fair and id be happy if i was on the boat.
    Knowing frank im sure some ass chewing was also involved,lol.Im not sure why or who took down the original post but it surely didnt accomplish anything by doing it.

Upvote 0

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
    California
    Name
    Doug Woodard
    Boat
    Nope
    Since this post reappeared after disappearing. This is how the PS resolved the issue.

"The Polaris Supreme wants to send our most sincere apology for the unfortunate seizing of fish. We understand your frustration you experienced yesterday morning. Since you were only able to keep a 1.5 day worth of fish, Frank Lo Preste feels it's not fair for you to pay more than 1.5 day fare. Most 1.5 day trips are $550, he wants this trip to be $500. You have the option of receiving a $790 refund in the form of a check, or we can float that $790 credit to a trip in the future. At your earliest convenience please let me know what you'd prefer. Unfortunately, we can not get your additional fish as it now belongs to Dept of Fish and Game. Frank will be available after Sept. 4th, as he is driving the Royal Polaris, if you would like to speak to him. "

The four of us that were in our group are all satisfied with the resolution, and will book again.

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    Sounds like the passengers came out OK. You get to fish for 3 entire days on a really nice boat with meals included. Blufin fishing is outstanding. Everyone on the boat gets limits of fish. At the end of the trip you get to keep 2 fish and get rid of 4 that you don't have to clean or pay to get processed and the boat hands you a check for $790. I'll take a trip like that any day of the week.

Last edited:
    Bill W
    Bill W
    The DFG scored. The boat lost. Personally think DFG stole the fish.
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Good on the PS making it right.

Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
    Sep 18, 2004
    Oside
    Name
    stu
    Boat
    skiff
    Fish and Wildlife can see the permits filed and the long range schedule. They made the choice to go after the fine $$$ rather than inform the boat of their mistake.

This aint The Andy Griffith Show - it is the hunt for $$$. We are seeing more taxes, more fees and more fines as the govt goes into debt.

Upvote 0

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
    hb ca usa
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    n/a
    DFG took the fish and turned it in for cans as they need sandwiches in the field for patrolling jetties and shoreline for fishermen violating rules and giving out fines

Upvote 0

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 7, 2008
    NorCal
    Name
    jay
    Boat
    '04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
    That worked out good, hopefully the confiscated fish were donated to a food bank etc. and not wasted on being fish food at Sea World.

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Fish and Wildlife can see the permits filed and the long range schedule. They made the choice to go after the fine $$$ rather than inform the boat of their mistake.

This aint The Andy Griffith Show - it is the hunt for $$$. We are seeing more taxes, more fees and more fines as the govt goes into debt.
    When a crime is committed the police secures evidence. The passengers were completely innocent, the DFG agreed and did not issue tickets to them. While the passengers were in possession of their 3 day limit the DFG took the fish away. I can not imagine any reason to do this other than $$$. So… I wonder where they took a ton of sport caught fish? Wonder if there is a chain of custody? If the passengers did not commit a crime why was their property seized?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Bummer...losing your tuna worst than
    a $$ fine. I doubt the screw up not getting
    multi-day permits was intentional. Hope they
    get you some compensation, etc. This was
    dragged thru the mud on another post too.
    Good Luck

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    I’d post a poll, but I’m sure we all would agree. The requirement for a multi day fishing vessel to have a multi day permit for each trip from DFW is ludicrous.

stuman
    stuman
    What would stop poachers from saying they were out to sea on multiple days?

A 1.5 day trip could say they were out for 1.75 and keep two day's limit.
    Upvote 0
    Steve K
    Steve K
    Stu, at all times, it’s the responsibility of the crew and captain to see to it that boat limits are not exceeded.
    Reactions: marlyn
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Since this post reappeared after disappearing. This is how the PS resolved the issue.

"The Polaris Supreme wants to send our most sincere apology for the unfortunate seizing of fish. We understand your frustration you experienced yesterday morning. Since you were only able to keep a 1.5 day worth of fish, Frank Lo Preste feels it's not fair for you to pay more than 1.5 day fare. Most 1.5 day trips are $550, he wants this trip to be $500. You have the option of receiving a $790 refund in the form of a check, or we can float that $790 credit to a trip in the future. At your earliest convenience please let me know what you'd prefer. Unfortunately, we can not get your additional fish as it now belongs to Dept of Fish and Game. Frank will be available after Sept. 4th, as he is driving the Royal Polaris, if you would like to speak to him. "

The four of us that were in our group are all satisfied with the resolution, and will book again.
    WELL THERE YOU GO..GOOD JOB FRANK

Upvote 0