Polaris Supreme 3 Day

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
It`s infirmation that shpuld be out there ` it`s another thing to add onto the multi day check list , if a passenger had brought it up before they left the dock this might nor have happened , why squash someone`s post that was facts and could have been prevented and should have , BD dosen`t need to police like this and isn`t doing the customers `US any favors , so check you`re multi day fish permits and depend on no one including BD higher ups
Sorry about my spelling , I wrote this in a hurry

Reactions: nicodemus
Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
It`s infirmation that shpuld be out there ` it`s another thing to add onto the multi day check list , if a passenger had brought it up before they left the dock this might nor have happened , why squash someone`s post that was facts and could have been prevented and should have , BD dosen`t need to police like this and isn`t doing the customers `US any favors , so check you`re multi day fish permits and depend on no one including BD higher ups
Last thing I'm thinking when I board the boat is "Should I check to make sure the owner/captain/deckhands/front office have done their jobs?"
So not the customer's job.

Upvote 0

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
northwest
Name
joe
Boat
none
Why the hell would a passenger question the Captain and paper work?? I could just see this now “ o buy the way capt. Did you fill out all the permits and log. That starts off with a great relationship, O did you remember your underwear and pillows too? …Got to be the most ignorant post I’ve seen…. When the boat leaves the dock everything and everyone is the Captains responsibility. And that’s where the buck stops

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
Isn't Frank one of the owners? He has been doing this for a VERY long time. He should make it right to the passengers by refunding any $$$$ over what a 1 day trip would cost.

Upvote 0

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
California
Name
Doug Woodard
Boat
Nope
In discussions with the boat, who did make it right, or as right as they possibly could, we were told that this particular rule has NEVER been enforced before.

Reactions: kbray001
Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Why the hell would a passenger question the Captain and paper work?? I could just see this now “ o buy the way capt. Did you fill out all the permits and log. That starts off with a great relationship, O did you remember your underwear and pillows too? …Got to be the most ignorant post I’ve seen…. When the boat leaves the dock everything and everyone is the Captains responsibility. And that’s where the buck stops
Never said to question the captain , when you make you`re Reservation vua the office ask if you need to get a multi day fish permit , you say why question the captain ? Why the fuck not ? He did not do his Job , how does it feel to watch the FG take you`re fish ? The passengers know first hand , iv`e ran boats out of San Diego for 50 fucken years along with my 5 brothet`s and we`ve nevet had the FG take our fish , ypu know why ? Because we cover our ASS which is obvious it didn`t happen here , ypu are 100 percent right on one thing it`s the captain`s responsibility, you are a ---- ---

Reactions: Vigilant32
Upvote 0

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
California
Name
Doug Woodard
Boat
Nope
That is true by the DFG rules, but the boat created a contract with the passengers when they gave them the money to purchase the permits on their behalf, so even if the passengers were fined, it would be the boats responsibility for that fine or reimbursing the passengers, I would assume any reputable boat would step to the plate in an event.
The DFG could have fined all of us. They didn't. They realized it was not the passengers who didn't file the paperwork.

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
In discussions with the boat, who did make it right, or as right as they possibly could, we were told that this particular rule has NEVER been enforced before.
That`s BS , when we do multi day trips too San Clemente island we always have our 2 or 3 day permits , that`s why they exist , it`s a bummer someone dropped the ball and this should be a wake up call to all

Upvote 0

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
California
Name
Doug Woodard
Boat
Nope
I do.

Frank and the boat refunded our cost over what a 1.5 day trip on the boat would be, because we were only allowed to keep a 1.5 day trips worth of fish.

mistakes happen, it's what you do after they happen that makes a business's reputation. As one of the affected people I am perfectly satisfied with the resolution and would, and will book with them again.

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
California
Name
Doug Woodard
Boat
Nope
This is the email the boat sent to all passengers today.

The Polaris Supreme wants to send our most sincere apology for the unfortunate seizing of fish. We understand your frustration you experienced yesterday morning. Since you were only able to keep a 1.5 day worth of fish, Frank Lo Preste feels it's not fair for you to pay more than 1.5 day fare. Most 1.5 day trips are $550, he wants this trip to be $500. You have the option of receiving a $790 refund in the form of a check, or we can float that $790 credit to a trip in the future. At your earliest convenience please let me know what you'd prefer. Unfortunately, we can not get your additional fish as it now belongs to Dept of Fish and Game. Frank will be available after Sept. 4th, as he is driving the Royal Polaris, if you would like to speak to him.

Thank you,

Upvote 0

woodfish330

• Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    THANK GOD. It took 60 posts.... today for them to stop the "bleeding". For those of you who know Frank personally.... I can hear him now. HOLY CRAP.....lol. You know when he gets a "burr under his saddle".... he's NEVER gonna let it rest.

ALL "FRANK" BOATS.... will not let this happen again. You know.... Makes me miss Scotty even more. That was her dance.... keeping them all in line.... even when the Big Man was out of town. Andrea's fine. Scotty...Exceptional human being.

Glad its done. Be safe out there.

Upvote 0

Phishy Phil

Almost A Member
    Jun 15, 2019
    SoCal
    Name
    Phil
    Boat
    Vagbond

The Polaris Supreme wants to send our most sincere apology for the unfortunate seizing of fish. We understand your frustration you experienced yesterday morning. Since you were only able to keep a 1.5 day worth of fish, Frank Lo Preste feels it's not fair for you to pay more than 1.5 day fare. Most 1.5 day trips are $550, he wants this trip to be $500. You have the option of receiving a $790 refund in the form of a check, or we can float that $790 credit to a trip in the future. At your earliest convenience please let me know what you'd prefer. Unfortunately, we can not get your additional fish as it now belongs to Dept of Fish and Game. Frank will be available after Sept. 4th, as he is driving the Royal Polaris, if you would like to speak to him.

Thank you,
    Stand up response - IMHO, all anyone could ask for. In my case, I give away a large amount of the fish that I catch - I'm all about the hook and the fight. In my particular situation, 2 bluefin is all I usually keep, if they are fairly good size.

Upvote 0

DW66

Jul 22, 2021
    California
    Name
    Doug Woodard
    Boat
    Nope
    Stand up response - IMHO, all anyone could ask for. In my case, I give away a large amount of the fish that I catch - I'm all about the hook and the fight. In my particular situation, 2 bluefin is all I usually keep, if they are fairly good size.
    I agree on all counts. I could not have asked the boat to resolve this any better. I totally intend to use mine as a credit, and fish with them again.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    We were told by the wardens that it would be processed and given to food banks and shelters and it would not go to waste.
    Sounds like we are talking tonnage.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
    Jun 1, 2006
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    sold! / cattle boat
    Least you guys werent left out in the cold but you only got to keep fish for a 1 day...

Upvote 0

Ahkhuang

• Mar 11, 2021
    Los Angeles, California
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Albert Huang
    Boat
    1975 Hatteras 36C
    Polaris supreme did a 3 day with but forgot to buy multi day permit ($6.95) and were boarded by DFW on return.All bluefin over 2 per angler confiscated by DFW.No anglers ticketed thankfully,sounds like an honest but expensive mistake.
    Yea,
    It’s the community that drives this site. Just like the rest of them. One of the reasons this site has been so successful is because of the transparency that keeps the community coming back.

I try to add a trip report on every trip I take to add to this community. Those clicks and views drive revenue.

If a post is pulled an explanation on why is fair to expect from the community. Censorship is why we all left allcoast. Trust me I was on there too. Haha
    100% agree

Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
    South OC
    Name
    Kirk
    Boat
    Regal 24

Thank you,

Thanks for posting the resolution. Seems completely reasonable.

This is what should have ended the original thread.

Mistakes happen. It’s how people respond that keep you coming back

Upvote 0

Ahkhuang

• Mar 11, 2021
    Los Angeles, California
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Albert Huang
    Boat
    1975 Hatteras 36C
    Hook and fight are the best parts of fishing

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Let's be honest.... the sportboat is coming out way ahead as they haven't paid that extra $7 per person for years. They will gladly pay the fine.

• Haha
    Reactions: Ahkhuang
    Upvote 0