marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Looks like a stupid oversight......!!What a cost!!

Cal gov > DFW
    2021 Declaration for Multi-day Fishing Trip Permit ((Cost $6.95 ))
    INSTRUCTIONS: This form must be completed by the vessel’s owner or operator and submitted with payment of $6.95 to the nearest California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) regional office listed on page 2. If mailed, the form must be received at least 48 hours prior to the date of the vessel’s departure. The approved permit or a copy must be aboard the vessel posted in full view of the passengers during the trip in order for any person aboard the vessel to possess more than one bag limit of saltwater species identified below.
    I have never seen multi day permits posted in view of passengers ever in 45 years of doing 2+ day trips,thats news to me.To me that reads as if its the anglers responsibility to make sure the boat has multi day permits or they can be ticketed?
    Can you imagine if DFW had ticketed every angler for over limits?
    I feel bad for PS and id bet it was just a mistake/oversight on their part but all those anglers should be going for a free 3 day anyway you look at it.Its not the anglers fault the boat didnt comply and lost all those fish.
    Im sure PS they will do the right thing.
    Live and learn,I bet it never happens on that boat again!

Upvote 0

BrianBurchfield

Almost A Member
  • Apr 26, 2018
    Irvine
    Name
    Brian Burchfield
    Boat
    22’ Trophy CC
    Lest it be deleted by BD.

Reactions: marlyn and kbray001
    Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
    South OC
    Name
    Kirk
    Boat
    Regal 24
    Yea I’m interested to know why the Polaris supreme thread was taken down? Didn’t seem like it had gotten out of hand yet.

I am all for protecting the sporties from bs complaints but that seemed like an issue people need to know about.

@Jason, @Ali any insight on this?

Last edited:
    D
    DW66
    I'm a bit shocked that my thread was deleted. I posted only facts. I only noticed the deletion when I went back in to update the situation, which I believe was resolved fairly.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Ahkhuang

• Mar 11, 2021
    Los Angeles, California
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Albert Huang
    Boat
    1975 Hatteras 36C
    Yea I read the post this morning and wanted to check back in at lunch but it isn't there. That's a shame and speaks volumes.

People make mistakes and I'm sure the boat will make good, but the OP certainly wasn't out of line.
    Did he say anything that violated BD forum policy? There has been many other threads criticizing other sport boats and they weren't deleted.

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    Damnit I missed it
    Polaris supreme did a 3 day but forgot to buy multi day permit ($6.95) and were boarded by DFW on return.All bluefin over 2 per angler confiscated by DFW.No anglers ticketed thankfully,sounds like an honest but expensive mistake.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Hismosa

• Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Polaris supreme did a 3 day with but forgot to buy multi day permit ($6.95) and were boarded by DFW on return.All bluefin over 2 per angler confiscated by DFW.No anglers ticketed thankfully,sounds like an honest but expensive mistake.
    That's a major fuck up.

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    BD is as bad as the media and Facebook and all the other social media police!
    They have to be or google and the democrats will kick them off the internet,lol.
    Comply or be terminated!

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Mistake, unfortunate. Seems the DFG has sold the sport caught fish. You see… sport caught fish do have value.

• Angry
    Reactions: HoxFish
    Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    I hope all that fish at least was donated to a shelter or food bank,seems like wasting it is an even bigger crime then forgetting a $6.95 permit.

Reactions: javierlopez123
    Upvote 0

Dozer217

Almost A Member
    Aug 12, 2010
    LBC
    Everyone seems to forget, BD like Facebook, Twitter etc are PRIVATE companies that get to set their own rules for their products. If you don't like their policies do like Ali and crew did when they bailed on Allcoast to start their own gig.

Reactions: Fish613

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    Everyone seems to forget, BD like Facebook, Twitter etc are PRIVATE companies that get to set their own rules for their products. If you don't like their policies do like Ali and crew did when they bailed on Allcoast to start their own gig.
    Private BUT they still have to comply with rules set forth by internet providers like google etc,I doubt you could do what they did back then today and get away with it in the new politically correct world.
    They have alot more BS to deal with today than back in those simpler times.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    BD is as bad as the media and Facebook and all the other social media police!
    Yawn...Most of the "Industry Complaints" are
    whiners who often didn't catch anything. Then there's tackle that failed due to poor service and attention to detail. Boats/crews are human and make mistakes too. Why bash the boat???
    How is BD not doing a good job of sorting the wheat from the chaf here? Just my take.

Reactions: JK155
    Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
    South OC
    Name
    Kirk
    Boat
    Regal 24

It’s the community that drives this site. Just like the rest of them. One of the reasons this site has been so successful is because of the transparency that keeps the community coming back.

I try to add a trip report on every trip I take to add to this community. Those clicks and views drive revenue.

If a post is pulled an explanation on why is fair to expect from the community. Censorship is why we all left allcoast. Trust me I was on there too. Haha

Upvote 0

BrianBurchfield

Almost A Member
  • Apr 26, 2018
    Irvine
    Name
    Brian Burchfield
    Boat
    22’ Trophy CC
    Yawn...Most of the "Industry Complaints" are
    whiners who often didn't catch anything. Then there's tackle that failed due to poor service and attention to detail. Boats/crews are human and make mistakes too. Why bash the boat???
    How is BD not doing a good job of sorting the wheat from the chaf here? Just my take.
    The boat bashed itself. Sounds like he had a great damn trip until the last hour, literally. Imagine your in his boots... His post was respectful.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    The boat bashed itself. Sounds like he had a great damn trip until the last hour, literally. Imagine your in his boots... His post was respectful.
    On the boat forgetting to get permits I agree.
    I did not mention or disagree with his post.
    I was talking more about all the other trash that often gets removed, and should be.

Upvote 0

BrianBurchfield

Almost A Member
  • Apr 26, 2018
    Irvine
    Name
    Brian Burchfield
    Boat
    22’ Trophy CC
    On the boat forgetting to get permits I agree.
    I did not mention or disagree with his post.
    I was talking more about all the other trash that often gets removed, and should be.
    I completely agree - a lot of entitled or ignorant idiots complaining in other posts. Sounds like the boat made good, which I'm sure most had no doubt about as it is a well run shop.

Reactions: Russ Scholl
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I completely agree - a lot of entitled or ignorant idiots complaining in other posts. Sounds like the boat made good, which I'm sure most had no doubt about as it is a well run shop.
    Then there's the guys whining about the boat and landing they missed on time, and losing their deposit...for example. Try using phone!!

Reactions: Fish613
    Upvote 0