Poke in da eye lol

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Reports Forum' started by Djboi, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Djboi

Djboi Newbie

Name:
    Donald jr
    Boat:
    Djboi
    Ok guys this is my first post here. How many of you troll around all day find a bird pile troll in to it nothing work the pile and still nothing and then hear comes another boat troll into it and hanapaa hook up well that's what happen to me on early Sunday morning about 6:45am a little alii Kai with a sponson and red binimi top I couldn't stop shaking my head cause not only did he hook up but the guy landed 2 ahi bradha had a double my partner looks at me and laughs :rofl: what can you do nothing but watch from a distance and shake my head to top it off I get in early at 9:45 I see the guy at the wash area and what he had one more ahi in the box total 3 oh boy what a day so I go over and shake he's and his sons hand witch by the way is maybe 9 or 10 years old oh well that's fishing

2. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    you are best off to not fish next to CPT DON, get poked in the eye everytime!!!!

3. hawaiian hammer

hawaiian hammer Googan

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    24' Thunderbird
    Donald,
    It happens to everybody. Sometimes you start doubting yourself if you running the right lures, something wrong with your boat, or get rubbish on your hooks but usually that's not the case. The aliikai was at the right place at the right time and he got lucky. Good luck next time and maybe you might be poking somebody else's eye.:eek:

4. Mingo

Mingo Newbie

Name:
    Mingo
    Boat:
    in the future
    I thought this was going to be about a poke food fight, which of course would be a waste of poke! :)

5. Sonny96706

Sonny96706 Newbie

Name:
    Sonny
    Boat:
    19' slippah...
    :rofl:

6. poidog

poidog lurker

Name:
    poidog
    Boat:
    18'
    other day dragging bait for 1 hourish the aku kept getting skittish but no takers.a boat from outside comes in and first pass hanapaa one 180# right next to me could hear the 80W screaming he was so close. that's fishing. always next time, but SORE for the moment. one day you'll be the guy hooked up as everyone rubbernecks.

7. navyaircrew

navyaircrew Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
    ya never know.... could be the lure matched the size of the bait the fish were eating most likely... ya know, leader choice, leader size, single hook... just lucky sometimes too, but match that hatch... can't go wrong...

8. shinchan

shinchan Making other fishermen look good....

Name:
    Randy
    Boat:
    13' Whaler "Shinchan"
    Yup, I remember when the ahi were around some years back and we were in a line of 6-7 boats following a bunch of matoris outside of Makua. One by one boats began to hook up, then the boat to the left of us hooked up and then the boat to the right of us hooked up, but we kept going on without a hit. We then circled back around all the other boats hooked up and didn't get touched but cheered on the other guys. After going back and forth on the 1000 all day we were going to head in and then a friend pulled up next to us to talk story- as soon as he got near within 50 or so yards he hooked up.:rolleyes: Nothing to do but congratulate the other guy, eat your bento(don't bite your tongue) and keep fishing...sooner or later it'll be your turn. (I also used a whole bunch of ti leaves put into the rod holders, made sure I stepped into any dog crap in my path before setting out and always had the rally cap on but that's a different story....:rofl:)

9. JimmyK

JimmyK Fisherman wannabe

Name:
    JimmyK
    Boat:
    17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
    Been there many times before....But your turn will come, gonna have a fish with your name on it. Good luck and keep going...

10. HwnCatcherman

HwnCatcherman Newbie

Name:
    kimo
    Boat:
    minnow
    if you no like get poke in the eye, mo beta go golf,