PENN

griffin doye

Jun 2, 2020
san diego
Name
griffin
Boat
triumph 170
so me and my buddy went to go fish the point loma kelp had limits of bass is 30 minutes and ran out of bait by 8;30 then decided to look for yellow tail and bonita found a good school of both and caught boners up to 10 lbs then i see a boil throw my iron at it hook up and its a yellow tail we get it to deep color and then a big ass black sea bass takes my jig and my yellow tail and im fighting this thing for 30 miniutes and then the hook bent out on my jig

Upvote 0

bayparker

B Pono
Jan 25, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
Grant
Boat
Arima Sea Ranger
Thanks, were you throwing irons at the Bonita?? Or switch to irons when you saw yellow?

How deep was water?

Just curious what the Bonita were hitting and always interested in the Yellows. My son and I have been fishing PL alot lately and have got bonita on Rapala and slow troll dines just for fun after bass bite.

Reactions: Capt Devo
Upvote 0

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
Apr 29, 2004
SD
Name
Al
Boat
25 skipjack -Albatross
nice- about time somone got some yT- the boners make killer poke!

10lb boners- holy fuck! That sounds killer! They are no shit fish and lb for lb they kick ass- fun fun fun

Upvote 0

Rod69

Jul 4, 2016
San diego
Name
Roddey Blunt
Boat
Parker 23 DVCC
Trolled small jet heads yesterday stopped every 2 minutes 10 fish l I mitz pretty quick. They ate anyrhing.small.and shiny I threw at them. 169 feet off green tanks 67.8 degree water off color

Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
so me and my buddy went to go fish the point loma kelp had limits of bass is 30 minutes and ran out of bait by 8;30 then decided to look for yellow tail and bonita found a good school of both and caught boners up to 10 lbs then i see a boil throw my iron at it hook up and its a yellow tail we get it to deep color and then a big ass black sea bass takes my jig and my yellow tail and im fighting this thing for 30 miniutes and then the hook bent out on my jig
That’s illegal just so you know

Upvote 0