Point Loma 8/7 Inshore WSB

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    I really wasn’t going to fish this weekend. Last weekend me and my buddies made a failed overnight trip for tuna and I was kinda of burnt out. Didn’t even Take the trolling motor batteries out of my boat to charge them. But my buddy wanted to go so we went for a few hours after work.

Arrived at the kelp around 3. Threw some sardines for bass and managed 3. It was a little rough out there and they didn’t seem to like the washing machine. Found some rockfish and got one limit before we went in to fish for halibut.

Slow trolled for halibut. I think the fish finder said .8 knots. I was an idiot and didn’t tie on my normal halibut rig so we lost a lot of fish. Ton of bites we just couldn’t capitalize on. Even with that we still boated 3. Two keepers and one we let go. 26.5”, 27” and like a 18”. We also caught a White Sea bass inshore. He was about 15” but I was super surprised to see him.

CCB59057-5FCB-438E-AFA1-90D2B28FE2D7.jpg

Upvote 0

FV-shotgun

Apr 24, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Buglione
    Boat
    17' Outrage
    I really wasn’t going to fish this weekend. Last weekend me and my buddies made a failed overnight trip for tuna and I was kinda of burnt out. Didn’t even Take the trolling motor batteries out of my boat to charge them. But my buddy wanted to go so we went for a few hours after work.

Arrived at the kelp around 3. Threw some sardines for bass and managed 3. It was a little rough out there and they didn’t seem to like the washing machine. Found some rockfish and got one limit before we went in to fish for halibut.

Slow trolled for halibut. I think the fish finder said .8 knots. I was an idiot and didn’t tie on my normal halibut rig so we lost a lot of fish. Ton of bites we just couldn’t capitalize on. Even with that we still boated 3. Two keepers and one we let go. 26.5”, 27” and like a 18”. We also caught a White Sea bass inshore. He was about 15” but I was super surprised to see him.

View attachment 1181839
    When you slow troll for Halis are you using rapalas/ dead bait with a stinger rig? I grew up fishing for flaties on the east coast but i have never heard of trolling for them.

Upvote 0

Latest posts