jahdcon

Mar 1, 2012
Carlsbad
www.youtube.com
Name
Dirty Dan
Boat
SS Im broke
Took my buddies new Hobie Calibogie out to Point Loma today for some calico bassin'. We launched out of Mission Bay and made it out to the kelp at 8am. We drifted some stringers in 30ft of water for a while. Picked away at a few small guys and a lot of short bites. When the sun came up and marine layer burned off we moved in a little closer to the 20ft range and found two nice 2lbers and a decent sized sand bass. We kept drifting in closer towards some boiler rocks in about 10-15ft of water. We were throwing 1.5oz Warbaits Slayerheads in the DarkDayz pattern with 6" MC swimbait in the christmas tree pattern. I decided to to tie up my spottie setup for the hell of it. I tossed my lure in a nice whole and started burning it in. I paused for a second and my rod went completely bendo. I knew when I set the hook that it was a nice fish. I fought it for about 10 seconds and successfully landed the fish.

My new personal best calico! Didnt get a weight but Im guessing it was around 5lbs. Snapped a couple pics and released it to fight another day. Right after that my buddy Eric hooks up on an ever bigger one. He had his drag to tight and it snapped his line. He got a glimpses of it and he said it was the biggest calico he has ever hooked. 7+lbs no doubt. He was bummed. We have a lot of GoPro footage to edit so a video will be coming soon. All in all is was a solid day on the water! Get out there and explore!

Tight Lines!:hali_olutta:

jahdcon

Mar 1, 2012
Carlsbad
www.youtube.com
Name
Dirty Dan
Boat
SS Im broke
Thanks guys! That's was my second legal calico too haha

bosshoss

Well-Known "Member"
May 26, 2005
Santee,ca.
Name
Gary
Boat
I wish
Still waiting for my promo ABU Sweatshirt. Sent for it in Dec. of 2012. Called 2 weeks ago and was told they needed more time for shipment.

:eyepoppin Really ??

Sorry, wasnt trying to highjack your thread...Way to go on you're session . Look forward to the video !!

jahdcon

Mar 1, 2012
Carlsbad
www.youtube.com
Name
Dirty Dan
Boat
SS Im broke
Still waiting for my promo ABU Sweatshirt. Sent for it in Dec. of 2012. Called 2 weeks ago and was told they needed more time for shipment.

Sorry, wasnt trying to highjack your thread...Way to go on you're session . Look forward to the video !!
they had a shit ton at the del mar show! those lazy fuckers:2gunsfiring_v1:

Juny

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor

It'll take about two months or so.

fisher3

Deckhand
Jun 29, 2009
Southern California
Name
Spliff
Boat
18 ft CC Starcract "Kelp Runner" 224 Chaparral Fisherman

Damn dude. That sucks. I picked up two Lexa 300's and sent in the rebate, and got my sweaters in the mail in less than a month.
Oh, and nice catch man!