PNW albies- heading to that corner in august.

Jun 22, 2022
Ohio
Name
Mark
Boat Name
210 fsh
Hey all,

I just found out I’m going to Washington/Oregon 8/15 through 8/26. I plan to do as much surf fishing as I can because my boat will be stuck in Ohio.

I am however trying to find a charter or head boat ideally on 8/20 or 8/21 somewhere on the Washington or Northern Oregon coast to get out after some albies assuming they research I’ve done is correct & they migrate this far north.

I guess the other question I have is in regards to lingcod and halibut. I was initially researching the puget sound but quickly abandoned that when I saw they were closed. I have to assume the seasons are different on the open ocean?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Upvote 0

Anders1

Almost A Member
  • Jul 31, 2008
    Oregon
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    16 " Duckworth
    Your best chance will be looking for charters out of Ilwaco, basically at the mouth of the Columbia river. They fish the structure off "The Canyon", which is historically very good. Ilwaco has live bait.

Reactions: Shirehorserider
    Upvote 0
    Jun 22, 2022
    Ohio
    Name
    Mark
    Boat Name
    210 fsh
    Your best chance will be looking for charters out of Ilwaco, basically at the mouth of the Columbia river. They fish the structure off "The Canyon", which is historically very good. Ilwaco has live bait.
    Sorry for the slow response, I was camping with the family & the cell service was useless for trying to go online.

This was the answer I was looking for! I puts me in the right direction! Thank you!!

Reactions: Anders1
    Upvote 0
    Jun 22, 2022
    Ohio
    Name
    Mark
    Boat Name
    210 fsh
    Trying to pick a certain day to make it offshore up here is difficult to say the least . You go when the weather says you can go .
    Very very good point! That is a good rule for my fishery as well (Lake Erie). We have more agreeable days than not, but with how short the wave period is, you had better believe that we pick and choose our days as well.

It doesn’t appear that there is a backwaters fishery like we have on the east coast is there? In other words, if you can’t get out on the open ocean there isn’t really a “plan B”.

Upvote 0