PENN

towerguy7i

Apr 22, 2017
Corona, Ca
Name
Joe G
Boat
Cattle
Launched from MB around 6am, water wasn't too bad. Rough time finding bait, so we decided to make the run to the N9 anyway with the 20 pieces of bait we could scrounge up, stopping at paddies all the way out there. None were holding fish that we could get to bite.
Searched around the 9, found some birds and porpoises but nothing was willing to cooperate so after a couple hours we headed to La Jolla and fished off the point. Pulled is some calicos and hooked a nice Thresher, fought him for 20 mins and broke him off at the leader as we got him boat side
Water started getting a little snotty so we called it
All in all, no YT but a day on the water is better than any day not on the water.
Back by 3pm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Did you get the threasher on the troll? I've been trying to get one on my deck but am having the hardest time. Any details of how you got him would be appreciated

Upvote 0

towerguy7i

Apr 22, 2017
Corona, Ca
Name
Joe G
Boat
Cattle
I just sent a medium live mackerel down butt hooked with a torpedo , 7-10ft of the bottom, we were in about 14 fathoms, and be patient. We had a couple other obvious Thresher hits but didn't get a hook set.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Launched from MB around 6am, water wasn't too bad. Rough time finding bait, so we decided to make the run to the N9 anyway the 20 pieces of bait we could scrounge up, stopping at paddies all the way out there. None were holding fish that we could get to bite.
Searched around the 9, found some birds and porpoises but nothing was willing to cooperate so after a couple hours we headed to La Jolla and fished off the point. Pulled is some calicos and hooked a nice Thresher, fought him for 20 mins and broke him off at the leader as we got him boat side
Water started getting a little snotty so we called it
All in all, no YT but a day on the water is better than any day not on the water.
Back by 3pm
Thank you for your report! All information is good information IMO.

Upvote 0