G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Well, I bought my boat in Florida.... 2002 with only 278 hours.. Great right? Well no... sitting can be hard on things.. I spoke to the previous owner wo had owned it for the last 7 years and he basically put 60 hours on it in that time... It sat on a lift at his Florida vacation home. So when I got it out here to Oregon I took it to Cook Engine in Portland for a once over... Well it needed quite a bit of work, rebuilt both turbos, new timing belts (due to age not hours), trolling valve, one new transmission, Tachs, and numerous other things.... $20K later and she is ready to come home!! Now to get it rigged and launch it!

Was very please with Cook Engine in Portland, they did good service and treated me fair. They are small company and really treat you like a person, not a number. Ruth Sara, Jeff, Ben.... They were all great. Thanks!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: R&R
    Upvote 0

Hiouchi Mike

Almost A Member
    Oct 4, 2006
    Hiouchi
    Name
    Mike Nolan
    Boat
    deckhand
    Good onyas!!! The time to enjoy for all your efforts and expenses is approaching fast. I can't wait to hear of your latest fishing adventures offshore.

Cheers,
    Mike

Reactions: G-Spot
    Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    is that a tiara ? whats the beam and what did you get for power. more pics she looks real nice

Upvote 0

Redherring

Aug 5, 2012
    Fall Creek OR
    Name
    John
    Boat
    23' Oly & 19' Maxxum
    It might be too pretty to get all bloody.It should be a blast to fish with lots of room & no egg beaters hanging off the back.It looks like another epic salmon year is already forecast.

Reactions: G-Spot
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    image.jpg

is that a tiara ? whats the beam and what did you get for power. more pics she looks real nice

30' Rampage, 11'3" beam, Twin Yanmar 260 HP. I will post more pics another time.. Out of town now till next Saturday. Center helm, AC, Generator, heat, full head, a pretty well equipped boat.

I was told they were twin 315's when I bought it, but found out the owner didn't know what he had.... After research i think I am happy to have the 260's... The 315's are a 260 engine with a complex head and valves that are more problematic. You loose fuel efficiency, and dont gain much at all, they have no high RPM range, and at 30' twin 260's push it nice with a mid 20's cruise.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: marlyn
    Upvote 0

Cougman

Jan 2, 2009
    Woodland, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    22 ft. Seasport "One Moor"
    Great looking boat can't wait to see it out on the water. Hoping all went, goes well with work from Cooks. Several friends and myself have been taken to the cleaners by them. Also damage to my boat in their yard. Always had a great experience until the damage and I sure limped like a pimp after I left due to the light wallet.

Once again great looking boat and can't wait to see it up close.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Great looking boat can't wait to see it out on the water. Hoping all went, goes well with work from Cooks. Several friends and myself have been taken to the cleaners by them. Also damage to my boat in their yard. Always had a great experience until the damage and I sure limped like a pimp after I left due to the light wallet.

Once again great looking boat and can't wait to see it up close.

Sorry to hear! I have seen on this site and others anybody can have a good or bad day at a service shop... I will not be the idiot that claims it must be you since they treated me good. My experience this time was good.

And my wallet is definitely light!! $110.00 buck an hour shop rate for a lot of work and you are at their disposal....... They assured me they had more hours than they actually charged me, and I will never know.... I do know that I am $20 grand lighter and three months to get it all done... I do feel they were thorough and probably about as fair as most... also could have found someone to do just as good of work for half the cost had I known going into it the amount of work and shopped around....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    rampage's are awesome boats... you should be very happy

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Very nice looking ride. Is she in a slip or do you tow that wide body often?

I keep it in a slip.... I have been in Depoe Bay for about 15 years.... To biig to tow and launch on a regular basis....

Reactions: KnotyBuoyz
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    rampage's are awesome boats... you should be very happy

Thanks! I am pretty stoked with the upgrade... everything I have read about them is good... Some of the earlier 28' models were a little sloppy, but the model I got sounds pretyy awesome... They have great reviews for a good drift fishing too.... Just can't wait to find out for myself....

Upvote 0

strackle99

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    Great looking ride.
    A lot of those rubber impellers and gaskets dont like sitting.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Great looking ride.
    A lot of those rubber impellers and gaskets dont like sitting.

All new impellers was part of the long lt of little repairs.... added to a few large repairs... :-)

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    any more ??? keep us posted..

Brought it home from Portland, Modified rocket launcher from old boat and installed it, repaired the Top gun outrigger mounts, and made new Eisenglass canvas for it... Probably not quite as good as a high dollar canvas shop, but I think it is built better and it save me some cash...

Launched it last Sunday...Pretty stocked wih the new boat.. Spent a little mor emoney than I had hoped, but really awesome boat! Waiitng for some good weather to do go fishing and crabbing....
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    look like that will work great. thanks for the updates

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Are they going to give you a bigger slip at Depot Bay?

Same old slip... It's actually shorter than the old boat in the slip... No outboards sticking up pointing out... Oh... and it floats! :-)

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Looks good! Enjoy.

TT

Thanks! Had it out Saturday for the first fishing trip and Oh my god!! it is pretty amazing!! Nicest boat I have ever owned for sure... cruising at 2900 rpm's 5 people 26 knotts... Fishes nice, and runs great!

A bit different runnning twin screw versus the twin outboards... throttles one side, shifting the other side... The size of the wheels move so much water at an idle it is in and out of gear to manuever... It is propped for speed, so slow manuevering is not easy... there will be a learning curve for sure!!

Upvote 0